Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girls on the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have just started taking it, when do you have sex do you let your boyfriend cum inside you? or do most of you have him pull out? I want to enjoy sex to the full extent, but also be safe. so would it be safe to have him ejaculate inside?

Comments

• Options
    The idea is that he can ejaculate (I still hate that word) inside and it's all fine and dandy. However what you feel comfortable with is up to you.
  • Options
    Have you both been checked for stds?
  • Options
    yeah, we have only had sex with each other so we are both clean
  • Options
    yeah the pill prevents you from getting pregnant even when he cums inside you as long as u take it properly
  • Options
    Hi there Princess,

I'd advise you to carefully read and reread the instructions that came with your pill to make sure you know all the dos and don'ts and what to expect.

You say that you have just started taking your pill...if this is the first week and you haven't taken 7 days' worth of pills yet then I would advise you to use another form of contraception such as a condom as well as taking your pill. You should use a condom until you have been taking your pill for 7 days (this only applies to the very first week and not after the 7 day break).

Hope this makes some kind of sense but as I said before, have a good read at the pill instructions in the box as they should cover this too.:)
  • Options
    yeah the pill prevents you from getting pregnant even when he cums inside you as long as u take it properly

But not guarenteed. Yes, it is more than 99% effective if taken correctly, but on average (this includes when people forget the pill, dont take it at the right time and several other factors) its 95% effective. The combined pill is supposed to prevent a woman from ovulating and thickens the mucous layer in the cervix which helps prevent sperm from entering the uterous.

Its up to you on how careful you want to be. I am on the pill and use condoms every time as I am a bit anal about it. I hate children. If you are comfortable not using condoms and letting him finish in you, then its up to you. Condoms are always there as an option. If you forget a pill one day you could use them for th remainder of the month. There are several options to go along with the pill depending on how comfortable you are with the pill.
  • Options
    and remember that the 99% statistic is that for each 100 women who use the pill correctly for a year, one of them will become pregnant.
  • Options
    There's no point getting him to pull out if you're not using a condom, because his pre-cum has sperm in it. Withdrawing doesn't make you safer, only using a condom does.

The pill is more effective than condoms because they're harder to take wrongly, but if you are really worried about pregnancy then use both. If you don't know if your partner is free of STIs then use both.

It's as safe as you can get if you take it properly, so you should relax and enjoy it. Sex without a condom feels more intimate for both of you, and apparently semen has chemicals in it which make women relax more.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    There's no point getting him to pull out if you're not using a condom, because his pre-cum has sperm in it.

There can be sperm in pre cum, yes. But it's not a massive amount. And getting pregnant is really a numbers game: the more sperm, the greater your chances. So withdrawing would make a difference.
  • Options
    So withdrawing would make a difference.
    do u know how many girls get pregnant relying on the "pull out" method?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:

You know how many people don't get pregnant using no contraception and actually trying for a baby?
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    no. do you? on't forget, the OP is on the pill too so isn't relying on withdrawal as a primary contraception...
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    ginner wrote:
    You know how many people don't get pregnant using no contraception and actually trying for a baby?

No how many?

I think the post you quoted is more pertinant in this discussion, since people are talking about not trying to get pregnant.

ETA: although what Katralla says above is also obviously true.
  • Options
    i dont get what point u guys are making....

i dont know the exact figures, but i`m sure a lot of teenage girls rely on the withdrawal method and get caught, and i`m not gonna change my opinion on that because i cant give exact figures!

he was saying that using the withdrawal will reduce pregnancy, i was saying it isnt reliable

maybe there are some crossed wires here....
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    i dont get what that has to do with me implying that the withdrawal method isnt a good form of contraception.......
  • Options
    **Helen** wrote:
    No how many?

I think the post you quoted is more pertinant in this discussion, since people are talking about not trying to get pregnant.

ETA: although what Katralla says above is also obviously true.

The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention gives the infertility rate for American couples of reproductive age at 7.1%. Of this 40% is due to sperm defects, 40% due to female reproductive problems, 10% combined and 10% unknown.

Glad to be of help.
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    i dont get what that has to do with me implying that the withdrawal method isnt a good form of contraception.......

My problem was with you assuming a position of authority through knowledge when you actually couldn't support that assumed position with evidence of that knowledge; it amounts to shock tactics and, whilst probably admirable in intent, pushes all my buttons.
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    My problem was with you assuming a position of authority through knowledge when you actually couldn't support that assumed position with evidence of that knowledge; it amounts to shock tactics and, whilst probably admirable in intent, pushes all my buttons.
    wtf?

i said the withdrawal method is NOT a good form of contraception, most safe sex websites will tell u that, want me to google them?
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    The Centre for Disease Control and Prevention gives the infertility rate for American couples of reproductive age at 7.1%. Of this 40% is due to sperm defects, 40% due to female reproductive problems, 10% combined and 10% unknown.

Glad to be of help.

So where does it say "how many people don't get pregnant using no contraception and actually trying for a baby?" What is 7.1%? Where does it say they are trying for a baby? Just because you are infertile doesn't mean your trying. Where does it say that no contraception is being used? You quoted a stat for infertality, I fail to see how you answered your question.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    So where does it say "how many people don't get pregnant using no contraception and actually trying for a baby?" What is 7.1%? Where does it say they are trying for a baby? Just because you are infertile doesn't mean your trying. Where does it say that no contraception is being used? You quoted a stat for infertality, I fail to see how you answered your question.

People are considered infertile if they've been trying for a baby without contraception for a period of 12 months without becoming pregnant. Being infertile means exactly that you are trying; it's part of the definition.
  • Options
    I have yet to read where the definition is that specific, though I'm sure webster is a liar.
  • Options
    Yes there is a chance you can get pregnant on the pill, you need to make sure you take it everyday and if you are sick or have diaoreah, use a condom for up to a week to ensure protection.

And to the other off topic questions.
    Withdrawal method, as is said there is sperm in pre cum and could cause pregnancy, but there is no way of telling an exact number,
    And the other about how many get pregnant that are actually trying, admittedly, i feel that there are more accidental pregnancys than planned. People can try for a baby for years with no joy, yet another could be a drunk one night stand. Its the way life goes
  • Options
    and i have yet to read where infertility has anything to do with the reply i posted....
  • Options
    ~MINXY~ wrote:
    Yes there is a chance you can get pregnant on the pill, you need to make sure you take it everyday and if you are sick or have diaoreah, use a condom for up to a week to ensure protection.

And to the other off topic questions.
    Withdrawal method, as is said there is sperm in pre cum and could cause pregnancy, but there is no way of telling an exact number,
    And the other about how many get pregnant that are actually trying, admittedly, i feel that there are more accidental pregnancys than planned. People can try for a baby for years with no joy, yet another could be a drunk one night stand. Its the way life goes
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Littleali wrote:
    and i have yet to read where infertility has anything to do with the reply i posted....
    At least I'm not the only one completly confused by the off topic!
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    At least I'm not the only one completly confused by the off topic!
    :) haha no, i thought it was just little newbie me
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I have yet to read where the definition is that specific, though I'm sure webster is a liar.

Websters? Of the dictionaries? Of the medical kind?

"Infertility: The diminished ability or the inability to conceive and have offspring. Infertility is also defined in specific terms as the failure to conceive after a year of regular intercourse without contraception."

Link
  • Options
    ginner wrote:
    Websters? Of the dictionaries? Of the medical kind?

"Infertility: The diminished ability or the inability to conceive and have offspring. Infertility is also defined in specific terms as the failure to conceive after a year of regular intercourse without contraception."

Link

ok thanks
  • Options
    i dont know what ive created with my post but its sure confusing! I didnt say i was using the pulling out method as my only form of contraception, and i know it isnt a form of contracption! I dont want to use condoms anymore thats why i went on the pill, they just arnt right for us. I was just wondering if most girls on the pill let him finish inside! I know it would be marginally safer not to, but i think i would like the imtimacy, and is the 99% percentage effectivness for if he cums inside or not?. Thanks everyone
  • Options
    Back onto topic, the 99% effectiveness is for him coming inside you.

Have fun, take it properly and you're getting the protection you think you are, no need for him to pull out.