Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Gaining weight -> too thin.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    But are there any side effects with taking dextrose? Just looked it up on Google and there's loads of stuff about injecting it.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    But are there any side effects with taking dextrose? Just looked it up on Google and there's loads of stuff about injecting it.
    Injecting it?

Its a glucose replacement to regular sugar. It has no weight gaining ingredients, apart from a concentration of calories. Some people use it for restlessness, loss of appetite if I remember rightly.

I wouldn't recommend using it for long term, obviously as its like sugar still.
  • Options
    Can you answer my other question please?

ALos, when recommending stuff for posters to use, please can you give more information and not just 'use X'.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Can you answer my other question please?

ALos, when recommending stuff for posters to use, please can you give more information and not just 'use X'.
    Sorry hard no troubles.
  • Options
    What?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    What?
    Answer what question?

I think dextrose is a better choice than slim fast because its more calorie dense. You can buy it from asda or the chemist.
  • Options
    The one about side effects.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    The one about side effects.
    Only weight gain. It does come under as a sugar, so obviously there will be a need for good oral health.
  • Options
    Dextrose doesn't have side effects lol, and who the fuck injects a sugar replacement!?

lol

I haven't rea the rest of the thread I can't be arsed.

Personally, dextrose is good in my opinion for after weights as you need to replace glycogen stores, maybe a small amount after Cardio too. But more importantly is getting that protein in both pre and post workout!

Here's a crazy tip for you too, if you want gain weight, then EAT BIG.
  • Options
    Dextrose doesn't have side effects lol, and who the fuck injects a sugar replacement!?

That's what I found on Google when I was looking up more information about dextrose.
    Here's a crazy tip for you too, if you want gain weight, then EAT BIG.

:no:
  • Options
    What do you mean no?

If you want to gain weight, you need more calories, its not hard is it!
  • Options
    I know what you're saying, but eating big doesn't always help. No matter how much I eat and what I eat, I don't put on weight...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I know what you're saying, but eating big doesn't always help. No matter how much I eat and what I eat, I don't put on weight...
    Simply because you have an extremly high metabolism. If you was say to eat 10,000cals a day for example, then you would put on weight.

But its true, "to get big, you have to eat big".

As for injecting dextrose, thinking about it now DR's may inject. I am not 100% sure.
  • Options
    Right, so you have a very fast metabolism, so you are still burning more calories than you are eating.

I know guys who religiously need to eat 5000-7000 calories a day to gain weight... so it can be done, I'm talking real eating though. Like 8+ Weetabix and a protein shake for breakfast, plus a pint of milk on top. etc.
  • Options
    Right, so you have a very fast metabolism, so you are still burning more calories than you are eating.

I know guys who religiously need to eat 5000-7000 calories a day to gain weight... so it can be done, I'm talking real eating though. Like 8+ Weetabix and a protein shake for breakfast, plus a pint of milk on top. etc.

Bloody Nora, I struggle to eat 2 Weetabix :eek2:
  • Options
    I aint got a really fast metabolism, infact I think its quiet slow. But I still eat for England.
  • Options
    *removed*

fuck, you can't link to the page. I am not advertising here, but that's the thread about the instructions: here
    and I D/Led the pics of the guy and uploaded them here.

holy shit!! first 2 images are "before".

I am skimming through a (NON-BODYBUILDING) forum, not unlike thesite, but there is a thread/manual for dietry and exercises...

Seeing that fitnessroom usage only cost me - let me check - around 20 fricken euroes for A WHOLE SEMESTER as a student. god bless studying in austria.
  • Options
    go on the pill and fall in love, worked for me haha
  • Options
    Here, another example. And I would put my weight inbetween the first and the second pic.

magnificent.
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:

Seeing that fitnessroom usage only cost me - let me check - around 20 fricken euroes for A WHOLE SEMESTER as a student. god bless studying in austria.
    you keep going on about the cheapness of exercise in austria but it only costs £30 for a WHOLE YEAR at a uni in england. big woopey.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    you keep going on about the cheapness of exercise in austria but it only costs £30 for a WHOLE YEAR at a uni in england. big woopey.

;) That's swell..

30 pound are 44€ tho, so chill out and stop trolling :thumb:
  • Options
    StrubbleS wrote:
    ;) That's swell..

30 pound are 44€ tho, so chill out and stop trolling :thumb:
    i'm not trolling, i'm just putting you right. :thumb:
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    i'm not trolling, i'm just putting you right. :thumb:

What would I do without you, my dear.
  • Options
    My gym costs £35 annual fee each year + £35 per month.
  • Options
    HIT wrote:
    My gym costs £35 annual fee each year + £35 per month.

the first gym I've been to was when I was still in grammar school, and it was like ~200€ for 10 months, that was always the reason not to keep on training, because when you slack of for a bit, it's not really paying off, and you paid for nothing.

Let's so how much time I'll find, since the first month I will practially sit in uni from morning to late late afternoon.
  • Options
    xsazx wrote:
    not being funny or anything but the last two/possibly last 3 look yuk imo - not natural lol

Yes, yes, I think this is a tad out of 'shape' again as well, but it's just that I pretty much have this guys 'before' physique, and I realize to what he's able, while I struggling in the fitnessroom for ages.

Diet, and the whole surroundings just seem to be more important that I originally thought.

/edit: and I don't know what should look "not natural" on the second one. Every skinny lad doing physical work or A BIT OF training looks like that if he has <12% body fat. That's nothing unusual