Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Men's Underwear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Two Question sets for the boys and girls

BOYS:
Where do guys get their undies from?

and .. What style?

GIRLS:
What do you think looks best on a guy?

I think trunks look better then briefs but they don't hold all the good stuff in the right place and box short don't hold anything anywhere. I think Tanga style from M&S is the most comfy I've tried, (not those thongs things though, thong on guys is just nasty)

But I'm wonder who apart from M&S sell those style

Tanga's look a bit like this

http://image1.easyclub.co.kr/product/big/89/D363589.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've heard that trunks are healthier, you need to let your "things" move a bit and briefs don't allow much movement.
  • Options
    I think I'd have a heart attack laughing if I saw anybody in those tanga things. Boxers all the way. Manly.
  • Options
    I prefer the look and feel of lycra cycle shorts. I've bought a few pairs and got my partner to wear them for me. The sight of that tight little lycra clad bum is too much lol
  • Options
    I don't know what you call them but like boxers but figure hugging ones.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I don't know what you call them but like boxers but figure hugging ones.

That's trunks. Trunks all the way tbh.

But then, it's you lot that's gotta wear them, not us, and there is a lot to be said for comfort. [/middle aged]
  • Options
    I've heard that trunks are healthier, you need to let your "things" move a bit and briefs don't allow much movement.

That's for couples tryig to have a baby.

The reason men's bit are onthe outside are cos they need to be kept cooler for making sperm, which is why they say to wear boxers when trying for baby to keep more sperm at the right tempreture.
  • Options
    Boxers from M&S :D
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    That's trunks. Trunks all the way tbh.

But then, it's you lot that's gotta wear them, not us, and there is a lot to be said for comfort. [/middle aged]

I'd say Trunks look the best, but that's only after you've had to adjust them and pull them back into shape.

When you wear trunks under trousers and walk around in them all day they begin to bunch up in the creases

Boxer short offer no support for anything, but strangly enough swimming shorts have a mesh layer inside tat does hold all your bits in place. But I've never seen a pair of boxers that had this.
  • Options
    Boxer short offer no support for anything.

Get some Calvin's then. £20 a pair but they're like a wonder bra for your tentacles :)
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote:
    Get some Calvin's then. £20 a pair but they're like a wonder bra for your tentacles :)

Do you mean these things?

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/us-stock/img10341876399.jpeg

They look nice like that but I imagine they'd bunch up during normal use
  • Options
    Mmmm. Think they're a relatively new one, with loads of lycra in. When i had the money to buy 'em, i always bought Calvins, they do wonders for ya bum and ya lunch box ;)
  • Options
    i think commando is sexiest.
  • Options
    I prefer men in tight(ish) boxers, Baggy ones look 'orrible, as for thongs they are just wrong! and undies, omg they should be left for the OAP'S and children.
  • Options
    Boxers.
  • Options
    yup id definately say that trunks look best :yes:

although saying that, i guess it depends on the bloke thats wearing them! different people suit different styles, so it goes without saying that not everyone would look good in them!

.. boxers also look good though :)
  • Options
    That's for couples tryig to have a baby.

The reason men's bit are onthe outside are cos they need to be kept cooler for making sperm, which is why they say to wear boxers when trying for baby to keep more sperm at the right tempreture.
    I've heard more than that, something about movement needed to clear toxins which might cause trouble if they stay there. I've heard the same about women's breasts.
  • Options
    i think commando is sexiest.

Roger that! :D

But to be honest, as long as it ain't a gold lamé thong I probably wouldn't be put off. Boxers are by far the most comfortable, though.
  • Options
    I'm a boxers girl :thumb:
  • Options
    soraliah wrote:
    yup id definately say that trunks look best :yes:

although saying that, i guess it depends on the bloke thats wearing them! different people suit different styles, so it goes without saying that not everyone would look good in them!

.. boxers also look good though :)

Trunks do look good once adjusted .. BTW Your PM box has been full for like a few months!!
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    I've heard more than that, something about movement needed to clear toxins which might cause trouble if they stay there. I've heard the same about women's breasts.
    Perhaps you mean the lymphatic system, that helps rid the body of toxins - unlike the circulatory system, which is obviously pumped around the body by the heart, the lymphatic system relies on physical movement to work. I'm not sure you need to specifically move those areas though, just the surrounding muscles....
  • Options
    my bf doesnt wear anything which I tend to prefer. But an ex of mine wore boxes so that was fine too.
    Going commando. :thumb:
  • Options
    i like clavin klein stylee trunks and briefs :yum: (preferably in black)

http://eu.cku.com/en_GB/index.cfm/fuseaction/category.leader/categoryID/1e2e9258-6f81-418a-9046-d76bae214123/

i don't like boxers :no: it makes me think of scruffy students who never change their underwear.
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Perhaps you mean the lymphatic system, that helps rid the body of toxins - unlike the circulatory system, which is obviously pumped around the body by the heart, the lymphatic system relies on physical movement to work. I'm not sure you need to specifically move those areas though, just the surrounding muscles....
    That was the word, I think. But I'm sure the articles I read said the parts themselves have to move. Whether that's true or not is another matter...
  • Options
    I don't know why everyone has problems with boxers :confused: I don't need my willi jailed in some tight package, let it hang loose, if I get stiffy put it straight up, end of it. For me, that's the most comfortably solution, since I usually wear wider jeans, so the boxers don't make any nasty folds, or get twisted/whatever.

Where I buy them from, won't help you much, but I pay for mine around ~14-17€, which isn't THAT cheap, but it really pays off, since it's a good brand.

/e: ah, trunks do you call them here. I heard them called "brixers" since they are a mixture of briefs and boxers.
  • Options
    Guess a lot of it depends on how much you got to support, it's like a girl with an "A" cup can get away with no bra at all cos there aint that much to support but if you got "DD"'s then you're gonna want that extra support which boxers don't give.
  • Options
    Guess a lot of it depends on how much you got to support, it's like a girl with an "A" cup can get away with no bra at all cos there aint that much to support but if you got "DD"'s then you're gonna want that extra support which boxers don't give.

hey, careful mister!! iiieks.gif
  • Options
    Definately trunks, briefs just look like something your mum would buy you when you were 5 and boxers are just too loose...

As for brand, calvins are what i always get.
  • Options
    Do you mean these things?

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/us-stock/img10341876399.jpeg

They look nice like that but I imagine they'd bunch up during normal use
    I've a couple of pairs of these (mine are black and red though, and they actually stay in place rather than bunch up asd suggested) and a few pairs of diesel trunks.

The diesel ones are the most comfortable and make the lunchbox look the largest :thumb:
  • Options
    those tangas look a bit wierd!!! lol

i like calvin cleins (sp) that are kind of not tight but not loose either. they look sexy - boxers i think can be a bit too baggy sometimes
  • Options
    Yeah I hate baggy boxers, I have got big thighs so I like my boxers semi-tight, which from reading this thread, makes them trunks!

I have never bought big names like CK etc underwear, can't really see the point, but I might give it a go and see if it helps the ass look even better, hahahah.:thumb: