Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where is all the UK bullying statistics?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was checking some stuff out for someone and thought I'd make a post about it.

It doesn't seem like there are many UK based websites offering bullying statistics as compared to the US. The best I could find was http://www.coastkid.org/si-sob.html - Whats the deal?

Comments

• Options
    Bullying is an incredibly difficult thing to measure, and therefore judge. It doesn't help that everyone has a different definition of the word. Do you have any particular type or scenario in mind here - workplace bullying, schools, colleges, universities, bullying in the home, that sort of thing?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    I was checking some stuff out for someone and thought I'd make a post about it.

It doesn't seem like there are many UK based websites offering bullying statistics as compared to the US. The best I could find was http://www.coastkid.org/si-sob.html - Whats the deal?

people don't like to discuss difficult topics. end of.
  • Options
    otter wrote:

cant be that hard, there is a lot of us based stuff out there
  • Options
    Bullying
    otter wrote: »

That's the problem, if no one will discuss it how can we do anything about it ? Only this week a local lad commited suicide due to bullying, he was 13 years old. More needs to be done to raise awareness x
  • Options
    This thread's old so I'll close it now.

If you want to start a new thread about bullying Amitola please feel free.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Anti-Spam wrote: »
    This thread's old so I'll close it now.

If you want to start a new thread about bullying Amitola please feel free.

Yep the issue is that Otter hasn't been online since June 2009 so probably won't reply, but this is a really interesting topic so feel free to hop over to the politics and debate forum because I reckon lots of people will have a view. :)
This discussion has been closed.