Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

a fag after sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I often here people joking/talking about having a fag after sex, in a bad light.

And it got me thinking, what is the actual problem with having a fag after sex? Is it the walking away to do something else? Is it that not all the attention is on you any more, or the removal of said fag person from the situation? does it make you feel un-loved or un-wanted?

Is it actually any different to walking away and making a cup of tea, something to eat, or having a shower? Or is it more of an antisocial thing?

Personally i disagree with smoking anyway, but it doesnt seem any more wrong to me than having a fag at any other time. The opposite sex smoking in general puts me off and if that occured after sense then i would still be put off to a similar degree, nothing to do with the sex beforehand.

I was just wondering what all the fuss is about really.

What would it mean/portray to you lot if your sexual partner went for a cigarette after sex?

If you would be offended, why? I'd quite like to understand why people dont like it. I can understand that it makes the other person bloody stink, but thats about all i can gather from it yet i know that people can get *really* upset about it

Comments

• Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    If you have knackered your self out, after sex its relaxing to go for a fag if your a smoker.
  • Options
    I'm gay. I have a fag during sex :D
  • Options
  • Options
    I've never known anyone to be offended by it, I'm surprised by that!

It's not as if you have to wander off, anyway, I've always just grabbed my snout from the bedside table and sparked up. If you do need to run into the next room and grab them then I don't see the big deal, it's not rejection in any shape or form, just really relaxing and good for the wind-down.

Post-coital tabs are the best you'll ever smoke, and when they're then followed up by 40 winks I'd usually be under the illusion that I've died and gone to heaven.
  • Options
    I think people take the piss out of it because you have that stereotypical T.V. image of the man and woman lying upwards on the bed with a fag in their hand saying "mmm....that was great"
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    A salmon after sex is good, but not as good as the first one in the morning with a cuppa.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    When i smoked i used to have one afterwards, its a must.
  • Options
    I don't smoke, but my fella does. I've never even thought twice about it before... but I realised that he hardly ever smokes in front of me anyway. I don't mind though - he can smoke all he wants!
  • Options
    my bf does that - i dont mind, its relaxes him i think - if he went like STRAIGHT away and like did it outside then id mind because id like a little cuddle first.....but its ok doin it in bed still
  • Options
    I only do it to avoid the awkward conversation afterwards :blush:
  • Options
    I dont mind smokers smoking after sex...but if it was really AMAZING sex and you were just knackered beyond descriptiona nd you lit up a fag...what if you fell asleep, let it slip out of your mouth and set fire to the sheets?

Lesson is, do NOT smoke in bed!
  • Options
    Bastard. I was going to say "ask RubberSkin if he waits until afterwards"!
    Roffle :)
  • Options
    I used to have a cigarette only after sex - but then I hit 40 cigs a day so had to give up!!!! :p
  • Options
    ciggie after shag is good. fact.
  • Options
    I am a non-smoker and actually have only been with girls who were either. So I count myself lucky, since I can't stand the smell, act and uselessness of smoking. Yea, you could count myself to the militant anti-smoker.

a girl-friend of mine is a smoker (and smokes in her room). Every piece of fabric, be it the sheets the curtain the pillows, everyting smells like this cold, stale smoke. After a year we cleaned her room, and when I wiped off her computer screen I had a BLACK towel. It's such a turn-off, especially right after sex.
  • Options
    The only thing that would put me off would be the fact that they were smoking. I like to cuddle after sex, but if we don't i'm not going to cry about it, in fact sometimes it's nice to have a quickie and then carry on like nothing's happened.
  • Options
    Bullseye wrote:
    I dont mind smokers smoking after sex...but if it was really AMAZING sex and you were just knackered beyond descriptiona nd you lit up a fag...what if you fell asleep, let it slip out of your mouth and set fire to the sheets?

Lesson is, do NOT smoke in bed!

Yeah done that. And in the confusion i fell out and landed on a playstation. Was not a good move.

I can't not have a fag after sex. It just chills me out.