Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

what to do with someone who's too young to drink

ok i know that sounds pathetic but i mean it in a less pathetic sense

theres this girl at work i am going to ask out tomorrow but she is only 17, i normally go for a drink with a girl but she does look kinda young and i dont want to cause her the embarrasment of getting id'd or something,

i dont like the cinema for first dates cos you dont really get to talk much and i dont want the back row snog pressure to be there (if we kiss on the first date then its all good but i dont wanna force it) i also think dinner is too much for a first date, maybe silly i know but its just me, our time restrictions are such that evening things are best, i want to go somewhere with people but thats private (like the pub) should i risk going to a bar with her or not?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    edit, wrong thread :o
  • Options
    Go bowling.

You can have fun and a natter without alcohol, you have something to giggle about if you find it hard to hit it off with her, and every time she goes to play you can sit back and admire her lovely little bottom.

A winning night out :thumb:
  • Options
    smitherzsmitherz Posts: 968 Part of The Mix Family
    Just go to a quiet bar with her, obviously you will have to buy the drinks. Although if she don't look very old for 17 then you might have to settle for something else. I agree with you on a first date it is probably better to go out either in a pub or on the club scene but then you could try going bowling followed by cinema and then something to eat ;) I don't know, all i know is if she likes you it won't really matter where you go
  • Options
    well bowling is kinda out cos i really suck bad lol,

but seriously the local bowling alley is really bad, there is a local pub with a downstairs pool room we could play a few games and i get the drinks i guess,
  • Options
    go ice skating - its likely to be fun as you'll probably both be falling over a lot, its a good excuse to get close and hold her hand and she will associate having a good time and a laugh with being with you :thumb:
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    well bowling is kinda out cos i really suck bad lol

That's the best bit about it.

Why are you obsessed about alcohol? The best dates never involve the stuff.
  • Options
    my town has no ice rink :( i like ice skating tho and i agree its a good date
  • Options
    its not the alcohol its just that the pub provides a good environment, my town aint exactly a happening place im kinda stuck for choice,
  • Options
    I think you'd have a better time than you'd think at the bowling alley, because there isn't any pressure. the date is as serious as you want it to be, and i wouldn't worry about looking like a kid, because that's alright. being able to have a giggle with someone is half the battle.

my first "date" with the wife was bowling, and i know other users on here have gone bowling first with their partners. its a great combination of having a laugh and having a perv.
  • Options
    How about take her to the park with a picnic?
    Also, if there is a dcent fair around near you anywhere, take her there - fairs make for great dates, you can win them stuff on the games, hold their hand on the 'scary' rides and then let the kids in you come out by buying a big bag of candy floss
  • Options
    there's no fair atm either :( the park is out cos at the moment our days off dont coincide so we are kinda stuck to doing something after hours
  • Options
    invite her round yours for a pizza and a movie? theres plenty of potential to snuggle up together as well :thumb: other than that im out of ideas for now
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what you're after, tbh.

I don't think the pub is the best choice for a first date, simply because it is so dismally unimaginative. The ID issue doesn't even come into it.

You seem to want us to tell you to go to the pub though...pheh.
  • Options
    well i dont wanna go to the pub particularly, maybe bowling is best who cares if i make a tit of myself eh? been doing it for 20 years i guess it wont hurt for 1 date
  • Options
    Honestly, making a tit of yourself is all part of the fun. It shows you have a sense of humour and don't take yourself seriously, which is always a big plus on a date. Keep the flirting going and if its meant to be it will be.

And seriously, don't underestimate the pleasure of watching her bend over and throw the ball down the lane :lol:
  • Options
    she does have a nice ass :P, yeah i think your right tho bowling sounds good
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    Honestly, making a tit of yourself is all part of the fun. It shows you have a sense of humour and don't take yourself seriously, which is always a big plus on a date. Keep the flirting going and if its meant to be it will be.

And seriously, don't underestimate the pleasure of watching her bend over and throw the ball down the lane :lol:

Ha ha ^^^^

Yeah I agree with this too, it doesn't matter if you are crap at bowling, it just makes it more of a laugh. :thumb:

I have to say though, pub dates always get a thumbs up from me...comfy sofas and beer :D ...but maybe thats because I love my drink. Obviously the pub isnt an option for you so I would definitely go for bowling. Have fun and let us know how it goes :love:
  • Options
    Me and my bloke used to go to the pub, isn't there any country pubs about that will let her in for a coke or anything? Never was a problem for us.

You can always park up somewhere and have a good chat ;) i always used to like that for some reason.
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    its not the alcohol its just that the pub provides a good environment, my town aint exactly a happening place im kinda stuck for choice,
    You do realise they sell non-alcoholic drinks in pubs right? Coke, lemonade & sodawater, orange, plus just plain old water. I don't drink alcohol & I've never had a problem. If I'm out clubbing I'll knock back cokes for energy or water for rehydration, & if I'm meeting mates in a pub I'll either buy a coke or not bother - after all the reason I'm there is to chat to friends.

For non-pub things - what about a cafe or restaurant? If she's into art or history maybe look round local art galleries or museums. Are there any local parks or nature reserves or whatever? Some people are probably rolling their eyes & going "BOOOORRRING!" but not everyone is into non-stop pubbing & clubbing.

And don't just dismiss cinemas because you can't talk during the film - lots of cinemas have a little bar/lounge/cafe area. You can sit & talk about the film, which'll soon lead to other topics of conversation - great ice-breaker.
  • Options
    You could take her to a family pub, and then let her go on the soft play area!
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    Me and my bloke used to go to the pub, isn't there any country pubs about that will let her in for a coke or anything?

My thoughts exactly. What's wrong with you two going to the pub, but her having non-alcoholic drinks? That's what I did a few months ago wehn a few friends of mine took me out. It is possible to go out, not get drunk/not drink alcohol and still have a good time.
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    well bowling is kinda out cos i really suck bad lol
    That's never stopped me. A few weeks ago, I was on a night out with a few of my work colleagues. We were going on a pub crawl. I was starting to get very drunk, so a mate of mine, concerned I'd be vomiting all night, took me away with him and his missus to a bowling alley. I'd never bowled before, and I'd definitely never tried bowling drunk before, but I nearly won the game. And the other two had barely drank a thing all night!
  • Options
    A lot of city pubs on a night will throw you out if you're under-18, even if you're just sitting there with a glass of lemonade.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    My thoughts exactly. What's wrong with you two going to the pub, but her having non-alcoholic drinks? That's what I did a few months ago wehn a few friends of mine took me out. It is possible to go out, not get drunk/not drink alcohol and still have a good time.

Well said :thumb:

It'd be nice if more people thought this way!
  • Options
    Shitehawke wrote:
    ok i know that sounds pathetic but i mean it in a less pathetic sense

theres this girl at work i am going to ask out tomorrow but she is only 17, i normally go for a drink with a girl but she does look kinda young and i dont want to cause her the embarrasment of getting id'd or something,

i dont like the cinema for first dates cos you dont really get to talk much and i dont want the back row snog pressure to be there (if we kiss on the first date then its all good but i dont wanna force it) i also think dinner is too much for a first date, maybe silly i know but its just me, our time restrictions are such that evening things are best, i want to go somewhere with people but thats private (like the pub) should i risk going to a bar with her or not?
    you should ask her out then ask her wht she wants to do or else , just bring her to the pub if she dont get it then who care bring her home for a drink and a dvd or something,
  • Options
    If you do take her out for a drink, then for the love of Christ make sure you take ID with you too.

I absolutely assure you there's nothing more embarrasing than your 17 year old date waltzing straight in, and you standing there half cut trying to convince some big bald bloke you're 22 :no:
  • Options
    go for a coffee or for lunch
  • Options
    Something like coffee does seem like a good idea. Best thing is to go somewhere where you can talk to each other.
  • Options
    we gotta do evening things at the moment with our work schedules, or id say yes to coffee or lunch, im working lots of overtime at the moment so i can afford to move out of my parents house so i dont have much free time for the next month or so just in the evenings
  • Options
    You can still go out for a meal though.