Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Has a song ever made you cry?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I dont mean make you cry by reminding you of an event of some sort, i mean has a song ever brought a tear to your eye for being so beautiful?

If so, what song?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    only if it relates to something that has happened in my life
  • Options
    Nope. The only thing that's come close is music in a film.
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

:yes: I havnt really heard a song that has been so beautiful that it has brought me to tears. The only time i have cried from a song is when i relate it to something bad that has happened to me.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    There is one very cheesy, very naff song that I'm not going to name that has me in floods of tears every single time I hear it, no matter where I am, and I'm not quite sure why. It might be that it reminds me of something painful, but I also just find there's something in the music that just gets me every time.

Fess up! what is it?
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    There is one very cheesy, very naff song that I'm not going to name that has me in floods of tears every single time I hear it, no matter where I am, and I'm not quite sure why. It might be that it reminds me of something painful, but I also just find there's something in the music that just gets me every time.

You can't say that and not tell; I'm imagining something really embarassing like Mama by the Spice Girls now :razz:

I have one which always gets me; Dead Birds by The Earlies which I think is the epitome of beauty both lyrically and musically and yet it's so simplistic. It's made me cry many-a-time, and still gives me chills. It helps that it's at the end of a CD of equally beautiful songs, so it's just the clincher, really.

I've found myself crying along with Thunder Road from time to time... (and Night Moves by Bob Seger too but that probably just means it's time to up my dosage :razz:)
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Oh, give over! Give us a clue, at least..

Is it more or less embarrassing than Mama?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Guns n roses, welcome to the jungle. :D
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Anyway... it's Always On My Mind by Elvis Presley :o

Aww, that's not so bad. I could imagine myself crying at that, though probably only after ten pints.

I'd imagined it would be much, much worse :p
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I think that's exceptionally embarrassing personally, no one can top that :o
    If you'd said "You were always on my mind" by the Pet Shop Boys, then that would've been embarrassing.
  • Options
    Yes and they're all not even remotely sad songs but just remind me off people I know who have either died or don't see them as much as often.
  • Options
    Hmm doesn't make me cry but fucks me up ... that song from the Cancer research advert where they're looking in the mirror.

Can't watch the advert or listen to the song. Don't get me wrong I definately see the need for attracting interest to the charity but personally seeing that ad (or now hearing the song) feels like someone's repeatedly stamping on my heart.
  • Options
    LOADS of songs make me cry at the moment. hell I even cried at the film "homeward bound" yesterday where the golden retriever finally got out of the mineshaft and found his way back to his owner!
    oh and also cried at the song "pretty and high" by the roches, which isnt particularly sad, but i just think their voices sound beautiful in it.
    im such a sap.
  • Options
    It depends on the situation really. Lost Witness - Happiness Happening is pretty good for that!
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Yes, there is at least one that I remember. No point saying the title as none of you would know it.
    Whenever I used to listen to this, it made me cry. I'm not sure if it was the lyrics or the melody, it could be either.
    As for why, I have no idea. I'm not even sure I understand what it's talking about, and if it's talking about what I think then it has no connection to me whatsoever. Still, it used to make me cry.
  • Options
    Shivers - The Wedding Present
    Ears - Cinerama
  • Options
    Porcupine Tree - Collapse the Light into Earth
    Jeff Beck - Declan
  • Options
    VinylVicky wrote:

Yeah same with me.
  • Options
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl :mad: :crying: :yuck:

Mostly because of the very very very painful memories from The Great Soap Opera of 2005 that it brings up. :banghead:

Oh, and Green Day - Homecoming, Green Day - Extraordinary Girl and Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams...mostly for the same reason.
  • Options
    Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
    :eek2:

Did not see that one getting a mention!
  • Options
    Hmm

Always on my Mind but the Petshop Boys cover because I danced to it with my dad.

The He's my Brother song...I think it's called Long and Winding Road? It makes me cry but I hate it. My aunts chose it for my dad's funeral, it's shit.

Regina Spektor- Samson. It's such a beautiful song.
  • Options
    Epic love songs (usually from films) usually make me all teary if I'm in a soppy mood anyway.

I still don't let myself listen to McFly - All About You because it reminds my ex last year, and I've never any Kleenex.
  • Options
    Good god I'll cry at anything :eek2:

The only song I can think of that I cried at with no reason though is Sarah McLachlan - Angel. I'm still not quite sure why.
  • Options
    theres a few songs that make me cry, on a regualr basis

most of them by girls aloud

cause well.........its girls aloud
  • Options
    I cried when I first watched the music video to Smashing Pumpkin's - Today
  • Options
    Goo Goo Dolls- Iris, as that was mine and my ex's 'song', It was playing when we first kinda started talking to each other.

Also Badly Drawn Boy- A Minor Incident
  • Options
    This is likely to raise a few eyebrows, but when it comes to music, I can be something of a tear-jerker. If I'm feeling low and I turn on some music, that can set me off straight away. Most recently, I cried as Supermode's "Tell Me Why" was on. Unexpected, to say the least.

This is unlikely to be a song that's made many others cry, but I once was in floods of tears to Dark Globe & Amanda Ghost's "Break My World". It was an incredibly difficult time, a few days before I stupidly tried to commit suicide. It seemed to hit a raw nerve.