Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

eyeshadows loose powders such a barry m

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok guys, i really like barry m dazzle dust+find not only does it stay on all night, but a little goes a very long way, also the colour is so intense! so im after some new eyeshadows that are just as intense (i find the little solid powder things aren't half as bright.)
Can anyone recommend any brands to me that i can buy in the uk, and that are around the barry m price (£4.50 a pot). i really dont want to be spending £10+on 1 eyeshadow colour, as i like combining colours+it could cost me a fourtune.
thanx.
BTW, ebay+websites r great, and also photos of how the colour looks on would be ace!

Comments

• Options
    You'd probably be better off just going to a department store/boots/superdrug and having a play around with testers and things - that's the only way you can really test a product before buying it.

I'm pretty useless when it comes to eyeshadows. I've lived on Barry M Dazzle Dust for the past 2/3 years and then suddenly "found" expensive makeup and was taken in! Haha, I'll never go back.

Again, just go to a large boots and have a play around.
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Have you seen B Never Too Busy To B Beautiful? They are affiliated with Lush, and although a bit out of your price preference, their glitter cream eyeshadow is lovely and their glitter pots come in the sexiest colours....
  • Options
    Why dont you just order some off the barry m website? or dont the let you buy online?
  • Options
  • Options
    KimonoKimono Posts: 201 Trailblazer
    Agreed about Never Too Busy - their eyeshadows are beautiful and stay on for aaages. All their stuff is lovely, and they do an awesome liquid eyeliner too
  • Options
    Mac pigments are totally awesome, and though they're not cheap, there are loads of ebay sellers selling sample sizes. They are usually 1/4 teaspoon, which doesn't sound like a lot, but a tiny bit goes a looong way and they are such intense colours.

I got a lot of 10 - something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAC-eye-shadow-pigment-10-pc-set-pick-from-100_W0QQitemZ260019245889QQihZ016QQcategoryZ67610QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And I :heart: them.
  • Options
    how much is $24.99 in £?
  • Options
    I hate Barry M dazzle dust. I cant put it on without it going everywhere.
  • Options
    how much is $24.99 in £?

£13/14 ish?
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    Mac pigments are totally awesome, and though they're not cheap, there are loads of ebay sellers selling sample sizes. They are usually 1/4 teaspoon, which doesn't sound like a lot, but a tiny bit goes a looong way and they are such intense colours.

I got a lot of 10 - something like this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MAC-eye-shadow-pigment-10-pc-set-pick-from-100_W0QQitemZ260019245889QQihZ016QQcategoryZ67610QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And I :heart: them.

Oh those are adorable! I want :p Once ed gets home ya'll have to outbid him biatches :p
  • Options
    LadyJade wrote:
    Have you seen B Never Too Busy To B Beautiful? They are affiliated with Lush, and although a bit out of your price preference, their glitter cream eyeshadow is lovely and their glitter pots come in the sexiest colours....

Those little pots they come in are fab! Might have to get myself one of those, Im liking the red one!
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    £13/14 ish?

ta. i'm bidding on (don't seem to have a buy it now facility) on an individual pot of lovely lily. :)
  • Options
    I bought a really nice loose Bourjois eyeshadow for my prom.. the colour was really vibrant. Think they're about the same price as a Barry M pot.
  • Options
    FilthyChav wrote:
    I bought a really nice loose Bourgois (sp) eyeshadow for my prom.. the colour was really vibrant. Think they're about the same price as a Barry M pot.

Oh i love them, i've got the green pot. And it is Bourjois :p