Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

question for the ladies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I guess guys can respond too, but only if they have something helpful to say.

Here's my situation. I don't see my gf very often (at least 4 months between when we see each other). We also haven't had sex that much either, maybe 12 times in a year. Also we've only been together two times when we had sex. My gf says it has hurt every time we've had sex ever. I told her that we don't have to until we can have proper time to go super slow as we've been kind of rushed all the other times. Anyways, my question is: how long/how many times does it take before sex feels alright. I just don't her to be in pain anymore because it makes me feel horrible, especially when she doesn't tell me until 4 months later that it hurt every time. Okay, answer away!

Comments

• Options
    Also we've only been together two times when we had sex.

How can you have had sex 12 times or so if you have only been together 2? :confused:
  • Options
    You've answered your own question I think - being rushed, feeling the pressure of time constraints and knowing that you have to do it here and now [because if not there'll be another xx months of waiting] are not conducive to relaxed, fun sexual activity :no: It could be that she's just not "broken in" (I hate that phrase, but for want of a better one..) and such periods of nothing between your encounters means she feels like she's back to square one each time, or it could just be that she doesn't have the time and right setting to be turned on and have a good, painless experience. It's hardly surprising, really, but it's good that you're trying to be understanding. As for how many times until it's comfortable, that'll really depend, but it definitely helps to be doing it regularly if you want to become relaxed and in familiar territory.

Is there no way you can see each other more regularly? Or with the same regularity but making the visits a little more prolonged and with more time for privacy (and therefore intimacy)?
  • Options
    well i'm going to stay there for a month in about a week. but there's no privacy there. there was last time i stayed because her mom worked at night and her step dad is a heavy sleeper. but now her sister and her fiance have moved back in and her sister is a major mother hen. the first time i stayed at her house her sister would knock on the door and ask why the door was locked and always come in and it was really frustrating. she even told my gf's mom we were having sex even though we weren't. so now i hate her sister. but i do plan on moving in with her in january, then a couple months after that i'm going to get my own place in her area. so hopefully then we will have more time and privacy but until then it's going to be no sex.
  • Options
    Maybe she could invest in a dildo? Then she can experiment and take it at her own pace. Just a suggestion
  • Options
    true. i could suggest that to her when i go.
  • Options
    It hurt me lots for something like the first 8-10 times. I remember crying after the sixth time because I couldn't believe it was still hurting, I'd expected pain the first couple of times but I'd thought it would be ok after that, and I just kept thinking it was going to hurt forever. But after 8-10 times it gradually got less painful - I wasn't really counting but we were having regular sex over a two week period and at the end it was certainly comfortable. Then I didn't see him for a couple of months, and the first few times after that hurt again, although not as badly as right at the beginning.

Plenty of foreplay and a relaxed atmosphere (where she isn't worrying someone will walk in) will help her to feel more comfortable, but without wanting to sound horribly blunt, she's going to have to tolerate a bit of pain for a while until her body gets used to sex. I know you feel bad for hurting her, but if it was that painful she wouldn't be doing it, or at the very least she wouldn't be able to hide it from you. As they say, no pain no gain - she has to suffer a bit now in order to be able to have good sex in the future.

It's unfortunate that you guys don't see each other more often because not having regular sex will put her back closer to square one, but I think it's important not to give up. It's like falling off a horse, they say you should get straight back on so you don't feel scared of riding in the future - if you guys stop having sex for the moment because it hurts her, she may start to fear sex and it may actually be more painful in the future because of the psychological associations.
  • Options
    she is highly stressed too. i do what i can to help her relax like giving massages and doing things for her whenever i can. she works lots of hours with mentally handicapped people and also doesn't have a great home life. plus with us being long distance pretty much all the time that doesn't help either. anyway, i do think it's best not to have sex this next time i go because of all the people in the house and she works most nights. so i think it will be best to wait until i live there all the time or have my own place. but i'm sure we'll have plenty of time to talk about all this while i'm there.
  • Options
    If i remember right it hurt me the second time, a little the third but after that it was completely fine.
  • Options
    well we lost our virginity to each other a year ago, and we first tried the second day of her two week stay at my house. then we tried a week later, as she got her period a day after we first tried. and by the end of that week she said it didn't hurt anymore. but 6 months without is a long time, and i didn't feel as relaxed when i was at her house and i am positive she wasn't either. so i'm pretty sure time and privacy are the solutions.
  • Options
    I used to get the privacy problem at home too, I wasn't lucky enough to get a lock put on the door either so my brothers would just walk straight in. Best thing to do, if you can afford it is hire a hotel room. Doesn't have to be a posh expensive one. And try get there before her, light some nice candles and make it abit romantic because you have the whole night to relax and not to have to jump straight into things.
  • Options
    squeal wrote:
    If i remember right it hurt me the second time, a little the third but after that it was completely fine.

I was exactly the same. We were doing it every friday at that stage. It's probably just because it isnt regular.

If I may ask, how old are you two? Just cause her sister is being a bit of a spaz if you're old enough to look after yoursleves. And how old is she? She can hardly talk if there's only a few years difference :no:
  • Options
    we can't exactly go to a hotel/motel. neither of us drive(though i will soon) but i won't be able to drive when i'm there for the month because i don't want to use other peoples cars. and also her parents don't know we have sex. and for age, i'm 19, she's going to be 19 at christmas, and her sister is 21.
  • Options
    Her sister should be more understanding imo. Its not like shes 15 or anything :\
  • Options
    yeah, i pretty much don't like her sister at all. i tried to like her but she just pisses me off most of the time.
  • Options
    Hmm... I'm sorry, but I dont have any solution but to wait till you get a place together. Some people just have different views on sex than others, and its something we cant really help.
  • Options
    yeah, well her sister doesn't even use protection and had to get a very early stage abortion, so she's one to talk. we're always very safe.
  • Options
    :eek2: Can the sisters have a talk?
  • Options
    i don't know, my gf is a very private person, she doesn't talk to anybody about anything and she doesn't want me to talk to anybody about anything either.