Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

:(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
in a nasty car crash this mornin, fractured a couple of ribs, so lucky me gets to spend the next 6 weeks or so in a lot of pain!

my mate didnt get off quite as lightly tho :( went head first into the dash board, hopefully he'll be ok

Comments

• Options
    Shit mate, sorry to hear that! What happened then?

Hope your mate is ok!
  • Options
    Oh jeeze. Bet you are shaken. Hope your mate is ok too.
  • Options
    Fuck, glad you're ok. Fingers crossed for your mate. :(
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that, hope your mate is alright.

Get well soon :heart:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Shit mate, sorry to hear that! What happened then?

theres a road nearby that has a real cunt of a corner .. mate was going a tad too fast and we ended up stuck into a car that was parked in a bit of a silly place

luckily i had my seat belt on or i would have ended up goin clean through the wind screen.. my mate however didnt have his belt on and hit his head real hard

and thanks for the replies
  • Options
    So glad you had your belt on, just goes to show you should wear a seatbelt.
    Do you know how he's doing? :(
    I hope you are much better soon and not too shaken.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Jeez. Glad you're ok. Take it easy though.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:
    in a nasty car crash this mornin, fractured a couple of ribs, so lucky me gets to spend the next 6 weeks or so in a lot of pain!

my mate didnt get off quite as lightly tho :( went head first into the dash board, hopefully he'll be ok

Was your mate fastened? If not, he can be lucky that you don't have an airbag (sounds like it).

Otherwise, sorry to hear that and condolences to your and your mates suffering.
  • Options
    yea a lot of the time i dont bother with a seat belt but im never gonna do it again, it literally knocked a bit of sense into me

and no i dont know how he is and its doing my fuckin head in
  • Options
    *HUGS* That sucks.

I was in a car crash in April and suffered a broken coccyx - fucking horrific pain. I was wearing a seatbelt but was still thrown into the back of the passenger seat. If I hadn't been wearing a seatbelt, I would've almost certainly killed my sister who was the passenger.

Your mate sounds like an utter cock, but I hope he's okay. Hope he can recover from this and then learn from it - ALWAYS WEAR A SEAT BELT. Stupid young male drivers thinking they're infallible.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    aaah sweetie pie, im sorry to hear that. but i am glad you are ok and i hope your mate is too. cant you give his family a quick call and check? thinking of you chicken pie! :D snuggle up to your cutie pie of a dog and all will be good. (dont forget to thank him for being so big)
  • Options
    Your mate sounds like an utter cock, but I hope he's okay. Hope he can recover from this and then learn from it - ALWAYS WEAR A SEAT BELT. Stupid young male drivers thinking they're infallible.

fuck away off with your narrow minded judgements

and yea just off the phone.. he has a broken arm and 6 broken ribs and his face is smashed to pieces :( but it could have been a lot worse
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    That sucks... I hope you're both as ok as possible. :(

But hopefully you got two valuable lessons: Always wear seatbelts and don't run too fast.
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

and yea just off the phone.. he has a broken arm and 6 broken ribs and his face is smashed to pieces :( but it could have been a lot worse

Sounds a bit shit for him!
    At least he is going to be ok though, thats the main thing!
  • Options
    z01 wrote:

She's right though. He should have been strapped in.
  • Options
    i dont give a fuck im not havin some cunt on a forum sit and make comments like that about my mate (nevermind all young males)

anyhow im not getting into an argument ive got more important things to worry about
  • Options
    You're being just as judgemental. She's completely correct, and she wasn't commenting on all young males, though again in the majority of cases she'd also be completely correct. I've just had some young penis cut people up and off at 3 roundabouts in a row.

I hope you are ok, and your mate learns from this.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Shit! Hope your mate recovers ok, and hope you have some proper good painkillers.

That sucks... guess the car is a write off too?

You've been having some shit luck latley eh? Heres to hoping for better!
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    Shit! Hope your mate recovers ok, and hope you have some proper good painkillers.

That sucks... guess the car is a write off too?

You've been having some shit luck latley eh? Heres to hoping for better!

yea car was wrecked.. and yea i do have some luck eh!

and fiend as i said im not getting into an argument over this, it wasnt the purpose of the thread
  • Options
    im sorry z01 im not meaning to start an arguement here but i really have no respect for people who dont wear a seat belt.

I was in a car crash a few years ago, and i was in the front passenger seat, if i wasnt wearing a seat belt i would of gone straight through the windscreen and died, too many people these days just cant be bothered / think its "uncool" to wear a seat belt. and there really isnt an excuse for not wearing one.

But if he does pull through then he needs to consider himself VERY lucky, and hopefully he'll learn from his mistake
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    im sorry z01 im not meaning to start an arguement here but i really have no respect for people who dont wear a seat belt.

Ok, thats fine.. and everyone is entitled to there own opionions of course. But i dont think this is the thread to be viewing them in to be honest.

I know in z01's situation the last thing I would want to hear is people ranting on about it.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    I know in z01's situation the last thing I would want to hear is people ranting on about it.

Maybe not, but people will say it anyway. And they'd be right.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Ok, thats fine.. and everyone is entitled to there own opionions of course. But i dont think this is the thread to be viewing them in to be honest.

but i only voiced that opinion because of personal experience, sorry but if i wasnt wearing a seat belt a few years ago when i was in that crash i wouldnt be here today, hence why i feel so strongly about it
  • Options
    jake0 wrote:
    but i only voiced that opinion because of personal experience, sorry but if i wasnt wearing a seat belt a few years ago when i was in that crash i wouldnt be here today, hence why i feel so strongly about it

Fair enough. I wasnt having a go.

Yeah people should always ware there seat belt. But people make mistakes, I think at the moment he needs support from people... not negative comments.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't always wear a seatbelt if I'm driving. I don't see how it's anybody elses business either. So it's more dangerous for me, but then so is riding a motorbike.
    There's no right or wrong about it.

Sitting behind somebody without a seatbelt is a different matter.

Anyway, z01 glad your alright mate. Crcaked ribs will be sore for a good while. I suffered a couple of cracked ribs a few months ago, and it made working absolute hell. Still not right now.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i understand where people are coming from but hes a good mate of mine and hes in a bad way, i dont appreciate comments like 'your mate is an utter cock'

and james zero hit the nail on the head, people are entitled to think whatever the fuck they like but i dont wanna hear it, go make a thread and p&d if you feel so strongly about it
  • Options
    sorry to hear that lad, hope everything works out ok for your mate.
  • Options
    That's horrible. I'm so glad you are both okay. Cars scare me at the best of times.
  • Options
    I think z01 is aalready aware that his mate should have worn a seatbelt. No need really to constantly remind him now while he's worried sick about his friend and is in agony himself.

z01 ***HUGZ***
  • Options
    Hope you're alright boss.