Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

airsoft guns.... just some general questions

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
what are some good airsoft guns for airsofting or just target shooting.

(Just to apologise beforehand if this isn't kosher)

I was thinking of shotguns but a mate said they take too long to load and there not very powerful.

any thoughts?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    airsofting is shit, why would you want to do it anyway? go paintballing you pussy :p
  • Options
    There are several airsoft forums on the net if you want more knowledgeable help.
    Other half has started this hobby, bloody expensive! Anyway what he/or anyone else thinks is good might differ from you.
    Type Airsoft into google.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    airsofting is shit, why would you want to do it anyway? go paintballing you pussy :p

Erm Airsoft hurts more than paintballing.
  • Options
    Isn't that what Hellfire does? Maybe you could ask him.
  • Options
    Yeah it is.
  • Options
    geez...
    I was just wondering if anyone did it...
    I bought some BB guns but they break too easy...
    and Icey: Paintballs can't go through your skin... airsoft pellets can...
  • Options
    thats not what ive heard, i know people who've been to paintballing games and airsoft games and they said airsoft is nothing, just getting shot with little bb pellets, only stings for a second whereas paintballing leaves big fuck off bruises all over you.
    i can vouch for the pain factor in paintballing - got a concussion by being shot in the head from around 10 foot away
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    thats not what ive heard, i know people who've been to paintballing games and airsoft games and they said airsoft is nothing, just getting shot with little bb pellets, only stings for a second whereas paintballing leaves big fuck off bruises all over you.
    i can vouch for the pain factor in paintballing - got a concussion by being shot in the head from around 10 foot away

Chris has just come back from an airsofting weekend and hes covered in bruises.
  • Options
    wow... I heard paintballs hurt but....

Im thinking of being shot with metal pellets from a CO2 gun.
  • Options
    nah, its like those little plastic balls innit? and yes, paintballing hurts like fuck unless your adrenilin kicks in - hurts the most when you dont see it coming.
  • Options
    buy an air rifle if you want to shoot targets
  • Options
    wow...
    I watch dirty sanchez and they look to be in shitloads of pain when they did the naked paintballing.
    so do you use paintball guns or airsoft guns?
    do you need gas for that?
  • Options
    paintballing is high pressured gas, i think we were told something like the balls leave the gun at 180mph which is pretty fast and contrary to what i previously thought, the balls are like ball-barings, not like the soft squidgy things filled with paint i imagined.
    Airsofting probably uses gas too, but it would be no more painful than being shot with a bb gun (as technically thats what it is).
  • Options
    You watched what? :shocking: :eek2:

Though, nastyness aside, I'm confused at what a dirty sanchez has to do with panitballing.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

Though, nastyness aside, I'm confused at what a dirty sanchez has to do with panitballing.

:lol:

It's a tv programme. The british Jackass basically.

Nothing to do with...ummm...well.......
  • Options
    my_name wrote:

its a uk tv show similar to jackass but featuring some very disturbed individuals who do things such as naked paintballing as mentioned, as well as one of them nailing his cock to a bit of wood, having his bellend pierced and my personal favourite of being hit on the head with the back of a spoon
  • Options
    Oh, well that makes much more sense, though I think I'd rather watch the former than jackass or any show like it :p

Though thats neither here nor there.
  • Options
    maybe I'll take up paintballing then...
    Oh damn, really wanted a SPAS12 shotgun too..
  • Options
    Ok,

paintballs used compressed gas, SO do Airsoft guns, they also fly faster,

Paintballs fire at about 150 - 200 FPS, top end airsoft rifles, like most people use fire at UK legal limit on a fully automatic rifle, 328fps, over that is 1joule, classed as an air rifle and illegal to have in fully automatic, semi auto and bolt action is fine,

airsoft rifles, if you haven't got money go for a cheap AEG for about £100 you can get a Chinese CYMA CM208s aka AK47S,

AEG's are Auto electirc gun and are good CHEAP starter rifles, also 70% metal which is rare for something this price, they take batt packs and are relaitively cheap to run, Also remember to use high grade 6mm precision molded airsoft pellet, cheap bb's will scratch the barrell and ruin the gun, use Excels, wolf armouries own ammo or ICS etc, TM are also good, basicly it costs about £5 for about 5000 then it's probably good, if they have little dots where they have been molded then they are crap,

Good makes are for AEG's

Tokyo Mauri, Cheapish and good starters although use alot of ABS, not a bad thing, these Range from £150 - £220 per rifle brand new,

Cyma - new rifles, cheap, about £100 - £120, not as brilliant but TM upgrade compatables so can be upgraded.

ICS, Do full metal rifles, brilliant but expensive, looking at £180 - £250 even £300 for top range models, Full metal, great power, good for skirmishes,

Classic Army - simular to ICS really, just as good but also the same price,

If your going for pistols get gas pistols, if its plastic slide it'd prob run on 134a gas, if it has a metal slide or strong heavy abs you could rub green gas in it.

Westarn Arms, Expensive and good, although had no experience with them,

KWA/KSC - regarded as some of the best pistols ever, I have two KWA glocks, one 18c and one 23f, both full auto and superb,

KJW - good range although not as good, keep away from the usp's they put them in peoples bads books forever as they're not good,

TM, not much expeince with there pistols, they're average, not to expensive

for pistols, decent ones your looking from £60 - £150 with one mag, spare mags are bout £30

any more advice just PM, my personal Armouries is a Cyma CM208 I am upgrading, ICS MP4A4 with Walther red dot, KWA G18c full auto and KWA 23F with KSC metal slide

KWA and KSC are same companies, one is made for japan due to law restrictions and one is made for export.
  • Options
    I would just like to add, i wasn't being funny when i said to google the forums, i was trying to help. As there will be alot more people in the know there.
  • Options
    Ok, forums

www.arniesairsoft.co.uk is a great forum, sign up n hit the newbie section, I am hellfire8 on there.

http://www.airsoftcommunity.co.uk is ok from my experience, i use these two and UKAN but UKAN is dead now, was owned by ASCUK anyway so is near enough the same,

these two are the biggest AS forums in the countrie,
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    I would just like to add, i wasn't being funny when i said to google the forums, i was trying to help. As there will be alot more people in the know there.
    where did your partner go for the weekend?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    paintballing is high pressured gas, i think we were told something like the balls leave the gun at 180mph which is pretty fast and contrary to what i previously thought, the balls are like ball-barings, not like the soft squidgy things filled with paint i imagined.
    Airsofting probably uses gas too, but it would be no more painful than being shot with a bb gun (as technically thats what it is).
    a bb gun, cheap springer you buy from a market fires at 120fps, bout thats roughly 1/3 of the speed of my AS rifle, my airsoft rifle has cut and penertrated by skin at close range, I have also (accidently discharged it) and killed a bird with it at 70yards.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    where did your partner go for the weekend?

Arnigeddon event (sp?) not far from Wales. I am pretty sure he posts on both those forums lol.
    Uses the same name he did on here if you know it ;)
  • Options
    Dude, I wanted to go to arniegeddon this year but couldn't, its run by arnie, the guy who runs n owns arniesairsoft.co.uk,

im also gonna be sad, what kit has he got :D
  • Options
    Yeah something like that. He went to a day thing too a few weeks ago, near Bristol Airport.
  • Options
    weekend events, norm go on every 2 weeks.
  • Options
    Hellfire wrote:
    weekend events, norm go on every 2 weeks.

Well he won't be going that often as we can't afford it. He's been banned now until we have been on holiday :D lol
  • Options
    awww, i will get to go once amonth, i must have spend about £1000 plus on it, but I also go a job on the weekends (every second) to pay for it so i dont spend my wages for the baby,

it costs me alot, but just to go for a game its cheap (does he have his own rifle) its about £30 a game, £15green fee, rest on ammo n batts and charger etc.

i have to pay to go to mainland so is bout £60 a time and a friday night, sat game n come back on sunday trip, but its a sport i love, just as fun and better than paintball.

Johny, whats your budget?
  • Options
    Yeah hes got his own stuff (which cost an arm and a leg) but when you are skint £30 is money you can't afford. I don't mind him going, might even go sometime, i just don't like him spending money we don't have.