Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Be honest

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've been very good, I go to the gym on average 4 times a week. Most days I do 20-25 minutes of cardio and then some weights.

But tbh, thats really the only exercise I get. I don't walk anywhere, spend most of the day on my ass and eat lots.
  • Options
    Walk to work most days. Try and do things around the house like push ups and sit ups etc etc every other day. Can't be arsed with a gym, prefer to do it all at home.
  • Options
    I walk everywhere. To and from work. To and from McDonalds at lunch time. I try to lift a few weights 3 times a week too. I enjoy having the ability to lift heavy things tbh.

youd be more healthy if you didnt want to mcdonalds, or you just walked there, and ate your own lunch in there
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    youd be more healthy if you didnt want to mcdonalds, or you just walked there, and ate your own lunch in there

:yes: It makes alot of difference! No matter how much I've been working out lately, I'm addicted to BK breakfast sandwiches and still eat out average 10 meals a week... not lost a pound :\
  • Options
    30-45 minutes of weights 3 times a week.

Walk 3-4 miles 2 to 3 times a week.
  • Options
    Dog walking, riding bike (which will go out the window when I can drive) and I do 20 situps a day.

(In other words, not actually that much. The sit ups don't acheive much because the muscles they're toning are covered in a thick layer of podge)
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    riding bike (which will go out the window when I can drive)

And this is exactly why a friend of mine (who has a car) has advised me not to get one...
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yes: It makes alot of difference! No matter how much I've been working out lately, I'm addicted to BK breakfast sandwiches and still eat out average 10 meals a week... not lost a pound :\
    If I lost any more weight, I'd seize to exist. Had a McDonalds yesterday and a burger from a dodgy takeaway on the way home. What can I say, my mum's on holiday. :D
  • Options
    I walk a couple of miles every day, but then I eat too much shit and probably drink too much.

It doesn't make me physically fat, but I know it's not good for my heart.

One of them exercise bikes in my flat would be proper mint.
  • Options
    Me and my friend swam a mile each today, and walked for about two hours ;)

But generally, probably not much. I do walk my dog a lot but since Ive been driving not much else.
  • Options
    Walking a mile or so a day is about it. I'am very effing lazy at the best of times.
  • Options
    I do about 2 hours every day, on average 3miles on the eliptical trainer, 10 miles on the bike, 2 miles of running, some weights every second day, and about 20-39 lengths in the swimming pool...
    I play basketball twice a week too, sometimes more...
  • Options
    i go for a walk every day for about an hour :) i also try to do about 5-10 minutes on our rowing machine a day too, as well as about 5-10 minutes of using skipping rope.

havent been doing that for the last 3 days though tbh! have been a bit lazy. will be doing it again today though! need to stay trim for my hols :S
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    How much exercise do you do a day/week?

I always go to one or two classes at the gym on a Saturday and usually go another two times during the week. So around 3 hours. Plus sometimes I do the abs section of Heat exercise video at home.

Still fat though!
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    How much exercise do you do a day/week?
    Peak training is, circuits for an hour and a half on monday, indoor drills for an hour on tuesday, outdoor training, drills and games for 2 or 3 hours on a wednesday, track and balistics on a thursday, outdoor hardcore on a friday for an hour and three quarters unless I'm competing that weekend. A typical competition is something like 5-7 hours game time a day, for two days.

On the off season, I ride a lot, and play the odd competition every two or three weeks.