Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Guess who I saw today!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Woody Allen and ewan McGregor down by the pier in Brighton, I think Woody is filming down here for his new film.

Anyone seen any famous people lately, I have had in my restaurant Claire sweeney, Colin Murray, Jade from the boyband damage and Burnside who used to be in the bill!!
Not exactly A listers!!!

Comments

• Options
    Aint seen anyone famous, but when I was in Tennessee there, I was at a lake doing some watersports. The people I was with took me on their boat to Johnny Cash's old house on the lake. The one he moves into in the film is based on it. Apparently one of the Gibb brohers (Beegees) has bought it now. It's quite a nice spot - nothing over extravagant or celebrity, just nice. Had some pics until some fucker stole my camera.
  • Options
    I've served the local bbc news presentor at work ... how amazing!!
  • Options
    Victoria Wood was filming in town the other day, but I didn't see her. And some people I know worked on a film with Renee Zellweger. Don't get many famous people up our way. Well you do, but they all own mansions in the Lake District, so you never actually see any of them. Jim Bowen came onto my mum's ward at the hospital to visit a friend once though.
  • Options
    I've met Jack Black. He nearly stole my phone.
  • Options
    I ride past the house Robbie Williams bought for his mother a couple of times each week. Think I saw him the other day - not 100% sure though, as the house is on the other side of the canal :).
  • Options
    last night i had a dream that i met paris hilton.... :/
  • Options
    foreign wrote:
    last night i had a dream that i met paris hilton.... :/

no no no thats called a nightmare.
  • Options
    she was really nice....
  • Options
    foreign wrote:
    she was really nice....

is that victoria beckham in your av?
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    is that victoria beckham in your av?
    yes
  • Options
    Years ago I was behind in line, for the tower of terror at disney world, the back up dancers for some one hit wonder boy band, lfo. Also saw Henry Winkler at the vietnam memorial. Was sad, after only a few minutes people started following him around and he left :( Can't they just leave people be.

And my dads good friend, RIP, our old next door neighbor tourd with elvis.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Years ago I was behind in line, for the tower of terror at disney world, the back up dancers for some one hit wonder boy band, lfo. Also saw Henry Winkler at the vietnam memorial. Was sad, after only a few minutes people started following him around and he left :( Can't they just leave people be.

And my dads good friend, RIP, our old next door neighbor tourd with elvis.

well they got so much money for what they do...it's not just making money for a cd/movies/etc. when you're a celebrity , it's the publicity that goes along with it
  • Options
    He was looking at a fucking memorial! People need to have some common sense and just a bit of decency. Maybe he was there for friends or family members. But who cares, he was a celebrity so that gives you the right to stalk the guy, especially on his personal time.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    He was looking at a fucking memorial! People need to have some common sense and just a bit of decency. Maybe he was there for friends or family members. But who cares, he was a celebrity so that gives you the right to stalk the guy, especially on his personal time.
    well it's part of the job
  • Options
    care to elaborate?
  • Options
    I saw Jake from Eastenders coming out of Sainsburys a few months ago, I nearly ran over his toe with my pram :D
  • Options
    ive met billy boyd (pippin from lotr)
    guy ritchie, jason statham and madonna (when they were over filming revolver)
    colin firth (again, whilst filming)
    connie from blue peter ( :yeees: ) although i doubt youd class her as a celebrity of any type!!
    aand ive recently just finished working with kevin whatley (inspector morses side-kick) and alison steadman (err she was in the original pride and prejudice etc) they were both such nice people :yes:
    even got kevin to buy something from me and a mates' car boot sale ;)

oh yeah, and also saw anthony hopkins in london for an event he was promoting :) and thaaats about it i think!
  • Options
    Woody Allen and ewan McGregor down by the pier in Brighton, I think Woody is filming down here for his new film.

Anyone seen any famous people lately, I have had in my restaurant Claire sweeney, Colin Murray, Jade from the boyband damage and Burnside who used to be in the bill!!
    Not exactly A listers!!!
    ooh, my mums gone there today for the weekend with her boyfriend - i'll ask her to have a look
    i once saw some guy out of the old boyband five years ago near bournemouth - thats about it
  • Options
    i see hollyoaks people at my gym and around town.
    i served jordan in a shop years ago and walked past victoria & david beckham and the rest of the family.
    darren hayes from savage garden (haha) phoned me on my 16th birthday.
    i've met jean-paul gaultier

thats it i think... not very interesting. i'm the type of person who when they see a celebrity pretends they don't care :p but then again i've never seen someone i fancy the pants off.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I've served David and Victoria Beckham in a shop.

And I'm not just saying this, I swear it's the truth...he was lovely, really polite and friendly...she was a stuck up snooty cow.

I also had a chat with Trevor McDonald when I was on work experience, and he was an absolute legend :D

I'm guessing you worked in Selfridges?
  • Options
    I saw the twins from 'Hollyoaks' in Covent Gardens on Wednesday night :thumb:
  • Options
    I saw the twins from 'Hollyoaks' in Covent Gardens on Wednesday night :thumb:

They any good in real life?
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    sophia wrote:
    I've served David and Victoria Beckham in a shop.

And I'm not just saying this, I swear it's the truth...he was lovely, really polite and friendly...she was a stuck up snooty cow.

I also had a chat with Trevor McDonald when I was on work experience, and he was an absolute legend :D

You should contact Holy Moly with that information :D
  • Options
    What is Holy Moly?
  • Options
    Makoto wrote:
    What is Holy Moly?
    I'm sure the last time I heard that was in the old series of Batman...:chin:
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    sophia wrote:
    www.holymoly.co.uk

And I really should tell them about her, she was a twat. She basically trashed the shop, pulling stuff off displays and then just passing it to me to fix, never once speaking or making eye contact with anyone. He was really polite and clearly a bit embarrassed.

Get onto it! :thumb:
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    www.holymoly.co.uk

I will stick with FHM Friday email:p.

Out of all the owman in the world Becks could have, he has a snob that looks like a pig :(.
  • Options
    I saw Leilani in Tesco a couple of weeks back.