Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

No copper to be charged over De Menezes' killing.

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    They made a mess yes, but why keep bringing it up after 12 months? The clock can't be turned back. Let it pass and move on.

That sounds remarkably like Tony Blair, lets move on, the Iraq war and the reasons for it? Oh thats history, lets move forward, the shooting of an innocent man because he had 'mongolian eyes'? lets move on, nothing to see here.

We are fighting terrorists, they are very similar to the terrorists we've had for ages.
  • Options
    bongbudda wrote:
    That sounds remarkably like Tony Blair, lets move on, the Iraq war and the reasons for it? Oh thats history, lets move forward, the shooting of an innocent man because he had 'mongolian eyes'? lets move on, nothing to see here.

We are fighting terrorists, they are very similar to the terrorists we've had for ages.
    If you feel justice hasn't been made, well thats life mate.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    I never said they belonged to that group. I said they had the same ideology. They can be any colour. I'm not interested in that.
    So that proves what?

They did not belong to any terrorist organisation. Unless you have some evidence that the police and the secret services are not aware of.

If so, you'd better tell them.
    They made a mess yes, but why keep bringing it up after 12 months? The clock can't be turned back. Let it pass and move on.
    What a load of bollocks.

I wonder if you would use the same excuse about any other incident.

Justice hasn't got an expiration date.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    So that proves what?

They did not belong to any terrorist organisation. Unless you have some evidence that the police and the secret services are not aware of.

If so, you'd better tell them.
    Where is your evidence to suggest they do not belong to one? They have accried out same attacks as the organisation has world wide... so again doesnt take a genius to work out.
    Aladdin wrote:
    I wonder if you would use the same excuse about any other incident.

Justice hasn't got an expiration date.

Any specific incidents you'd like to mentuion>
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    Where is your evidence to suggest they do not belong to one? They have accried out same attacks as the organisation has world wide... so again doesnt take a genius to work out.
    Because the police said so?

Don't you think you would have heard and read all about it if those people belonged to any terrorist organisation? :rolleyes:

Any specific incidents you'd like to mentuion>
    If you were mugged or burgled a year ago and the police caught the criminal today, would you agree if the police said 'look mate, it's been a year, what's the point in prosecuting, better move on'?

Like fuck you would.
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    but you're not the police and I'm not either. they have a job to do and that's to protect us from criminals.

Why do you think that is "their" job ?

Who gave them that job ?

Have you seen the contract of employment ?

I`d love to see those "facts"
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    One death... massive hype over it. Deaths world wide thanks to islamists.... oh leave the muslims alone, they are very very hard done by.

Ah yes, that famous islamic fundamentalist de menzes. Such a shame he wasn't either, eh poppet?
    they have a job to do and that's to protect us from criminals.

So why didn't they do it?

they cocked up the surveillance, they let him ride round London on a bus, and then only shot him when he was nice and toasty on the tube.

If he was such a credible threat, why wasn't he shot on his doorstep?

If you believe the bullshit that they thought him a serious terrorist then the police were negligent, putting the lives of hundreds at risk. If you don't believe the bullshite then the police were negligent, for shooting a man in the head when he had done nothing wrong.
  • Options
    Who's luke at war with again?
  • Options
    The big bad "every Arab must be a terrorist" boogeyman he believes in cause they say its so on tv.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Because the police said so?

Don't you think you would have heard and read all about it if those people belonged to any terrorist organisation? :rolleyes:
    How would you know if they're dead?

Even if they're not, the bottom line is they attacked this country based on the principles of a Islamist terrorist organisation.
    Aladdin wrote:
    If you were mugged or burgled a year ago and the police caught the criminal today, would you agree if the police said 'look mate, it's been a year, what's the point in prosecuting, better move on'?

Like fuck you would.
    No I wouldn't but it's hard to give a similarity because they are completely different cases.
  • Options
    seeker wrote:
    Why do you think that is "their" job ?
    Err let me see is it to allow criminals to rob your house?

It is to protect the public.
    seeker wrote:

Who gave them that job ?
    The government.

seeker wrote:
    Have you seen the contract of employment ?
    EH? What has this got to do with anything???
    seeker wrote:
    I`d love to see those "facts"
    What facts?? :confused:
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    How would you know if they're dead?

Even if they're not, the bottom line is they attacked this country based on the principles of a Islamist terrorist organisation.
    They didn't belong to any terrorist organisation. End of.

If you know any different, go to the police and tell them.

No I wouldn't but it's hard to give a similarity because they are completely different cases.
    No they aren't. Justice is justice.
  • Options
    technically the coppers who shot him arent to blame, they done their job - badly as they let him travel on buses

it is the fact the met as a whole cant work properly to save someones life in regards to good intelligence and acting on it properly
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    This story again? One death... massive hype over it. Deaths world wide thanks to islamists.... oh leave the muslims alone, they are very very hard done by.

On a serious note, I would like this story to finally go away. Yes it didn't go right (the incident), but you're not the police and I'm not either. they have a job to do and that's to protect us from criminals. let them do their job!

It kills me how the Brazilian government vows to do more for the family. Their government is whiter than white isn't it. :rolleyes:

Why don't their sort out their own corrupt authorities instead of trying to get one back at the British government. It's a game to them.

The BIG difference with this story is it was

a) The police that cocked up
    b) It was the BRITISH police that cocked up and shot an innocent man

When I travel the world every single country I visit the police all have guns, people from around the world respect the fact the UK cops don't carry them, it means a lot and loads of people from all over the world respect the British Police force.

So when they bsaically assassinate an innocent member of the public it sends shockwaves.

And when they send 250 cops to arrest two innocent men, shooting one of them in their own home at night it send ripples around the world

One of the chaps that they arrested went a few days earlier to atcually try to become a community officier - where was the police intelligence dept to tell them things like that?

We would all like thins to settle down but when there's cover-ups and further cock-ups the police keep the story alive themselves.
  • Options
    has any fgcopper ever been d9one for killing anyone?
  • Options
    technically the coppers who shot him arent to blame, they done their job - badly as they let him travel on buses

it is the fact the met as a whole cant work properly to save someones life in regards to good intelligence and acting on it properly

Part of their job should have been to connect their eyes to their brains (assuming they had any).

At the end of the day no controller in a room miles away can see what the person infront of them looks like, if they have big bac pack with them or heavy jacket.

I'm sure they've even said their radios didn't work under ground.

The police have achieved nothing, now suicide bombers will just use the dead man's handle method to let off a bomb.
  • Options
    The BIG difference with this story is it was

a) The police that cocked up
    b) It was the BRITISH police that cocked up and shot an innocent man

When I travel the world every single country I visit the police all have guns, people from around the world respect the fact the UK cops don't carry them, it means a lot and loads of people from all over the world respect the British Police force.

So when they bsaically assassinate an innocent member of the public it sends shockwaves.

And when they send 250 cops to arrest two innocent men, shooting one of them in their own home at night it send ripples around the world

One of the chaps that they arrested went a few days earlier to atcually try to become a community officier - where was the police intelligence dept to tell them things like that?

We would all like thins to settle down but when there's cover-ups and further cock-ups the police keep the story alive themselves.
    This happens unfortunately with the current climate with terrorism. It is a sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    has any fgcopper ever been d9one for killing anyone?
    Not that I remember. Whether they shoot on Irish citizens for drinking in a pub carrying a chair leg or Brazilian citizens with 'Mongolian eyes', coppers are never done for anything.
  • Options
    well now i know if i want someone whacked off, call the police and make up a semi-accure semi-distorted picture of them to make them seem a terroist threat :p
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Not that I remember. Whether they shoot on Irish citizens for drinking in a pub carrying a chair leg or Brazilian citizens with 'Mongolian eyes', coppers are never done for anything.

He wasnt even Irish, he was Scottish and the person phoning in the 'threat' got it wrong.
  • Options
    well now i know if i want someone whacked off, call the police and make up a semi-accure semi-distorted picture of them to make them seem a terroist threat :p
    :thumb:
  • Options
    Blagsta wrote:
    Who's luke at war with again?
    Lula da Silva and the PT I think ;)