Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alton Towers

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Options
    Just post the link to thread in here then, so people can debate the issue there, and save this for anyone who might know of cheap designs
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    Alton Towers are also doing a gay adult weekend.

I couldn't care less, it's a business, they can do as they like.
    *ears prick up* Oh really?!

I assume this isn't coinciding with the Muslim culture day?
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    im not going to that fucking place again! not since they've hired the park out to a muslim group and agreed to make everyone who enters the park follow strict muslim rules, i.e women should be appropriately dressed, kosher food only, women not allowed to talk etc.. its a load of shit.

Where did you hear this?
  • Options
    theres load of info on this out there, this is just one of the 1st pages i came accross when googling it: http://www.abrahamic-faith.com/news/muslimonly_alton_towers.html
  • Options
    An article from The Sun, reposted on a fundamentalist Christian website?
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Hmm, maybe we ought to start a thread in P&D about this, because this Alton Towers thread has now been totally derailed.

How apt.

Anyway i can't say i'm really that bothered. This is not a white english christian country. Everyone should be allowed to do what they like.
  • Options
    Apparently it's been called off: Link
  • Options
    Music, gambling and alcohol were to be banned for the day and theme park rides such as "Ripsaw", "Corkscrew" and "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" all segregated by sex.

:eek2:
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    You can bet your ass they wouldnt have done it for any other type of groups!

They're having a gay w/e in September.

Oh. Someone's already said that.
  • Options
    icey wrote: »
    im not going to that fucking place again! not since they've hired the park out to a muslim group and agreed to make everyone who enters the park follow strict muslim rules, i.e women should be appropriately dressed, kosher food only, women not allowed to talk etc.. its a load of shit.
    It's spelt "Halal" not "hallal". I went to Alton Towers when that rule was placed I for one agree with it; I also think many other muslims do to :).

I think it's a good thing because women should be fully clothed even though they may not feel like dressing that way. I know Islam has a more stricked guidence rulee compared to other religions but many many muslims do fellow the rules :)

Women were aloud to talk.. It is not shit, I think it iss very good; a way to spread a muslim message!
This discussion has been closed.