Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Alton Towers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
can anyone give me a promotional code for staying in alton towers?? Or know of a really cheap website??
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    im not going to that fucking place again! not since they've hired the park out to a muslim group and agreed to make everyone who enters the park follow strict muslim rules, i.e women should be appropriately dressed, kosher food only, women not allowed to talk etc.. its a load of shit.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    im not going to that fucking place again! not since they've hired the park out to a muslim group and agreed to make everyone who enters the park follow strict muslim rules, i.e women should be appropriately dressed, kosher food only, women not allowed to talk etc.. its a load of shit.

Hallal not kosher.
  • Options
    thought hallal was the jewish one? anyway, its still a load of shit for a big company to accomadate to those kind of needs. You can bet your ass they wouldnt have done it for any other type of groups!
  • Options
    They're having a nudist weekend... in November!! :o
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    thought hallal was the jewish one? anyway, its still a load of shit for a big company to accomadate to those kind of needs. You can bet your ass they wouldnt have done it for any other type of groups!

No - Kosher = Jewish, Hallal = Muslim

And yeah, it does sound shite. I could understand if we actually lived in a Muslim country...
  • Options
    Women not allowed to talk? Are you certain about that?
  • Options
    Lastminute.com are doing adult tickets for about £15 and kids tickets for about £9...
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    Women not allowed to talk? Are you certain about that?
    not sure on that one, its something similar though. like staff not allowed to speak to women or they must speak to her husband first or something. Also the rides are only going to have all male or all female riders on each go from what i've read. its just madness
  • Options
    any group can hire out alton towers for the day, why is a muslim group hiring it out any different to anyone else hiring it out? its supposed to be a muslim culture day, if it bothers you dont go that day....

common sense really.

im sure tousaudes (or however its spelt) would hire it out for a BNP day or such if you coughed up the cash. say about £500k or so i would have thought you should do it.
  • Options
    its not that theyre hiring the park out to a muslim group, more the fact that they are expecting any other visitors that day to have to follow by muslim rules
  • Options
    from the way ive read stuff on it, technically they didnt have to let anyone in at all that they didnt want to be there, but as a show of peace and openness they have allowed non-muslims to attend to experience the culture, why should they change their plans for everyone else...its a muslim day.

Dont get me wrong i fucking hate all this positive discrimination shit as i think people only complain about race, age, disability whatever when it suits them, pisses me off, but i also think that british born nationals (eg. the majority of these muslims attending this do) should be able to have fun as they please.
  • Options
    Alton Towers are also doing a gay adult weekend.

I couldn't care less, it's a business, they can do as they like.
  • Options
    that sorta thing REALLY annoys me - i did a speech on poilitical correctness and how it has gone too far and this is connected - but in the opposite direction - Alton Towers dont consider any other groups needs and wants i think it is outrageous that they are living in a Christian country but think that we should follow their rules just to make them happy.....sorry rant over......

and for the tickets nah i dnt know any promtional codes but try last minute tickets like ebay or something....theyre bound to have some

i really wanna go to thorpe park though
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    that sorta thing REALLY annoys me - i did a speech on poilitical correctness and how it has gone too far and this is connected - but in the opposite direction - Alton Towers dont consider any other groups needs and wants i think it is outrageous that they are living in a Christian country but think that we should follow their rules just to make them happy.....sorry rant over......

and for the tickets nah i dnt know any promtional codes but try last minute tickets like ebay or something....theyre bound to have some

since when do we live in a christian country? i thought it was a multi racial country....im 100% english and 100% athiest, in fact i think all religion is a complete load of bollocks.

i think people use stories such as this one mentioned here as a way to cover their obvious racist attitudes, cant stand fucking shy racists. either be out spoken or get the fuck on with your life.

who gives a shit if they have a muslim only day, christian only day, big gay mens day. how the hell does it affect your life? get over it.

THIS IS NOT JUST TARGETTED AT JENNI30
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:

perhaps the muslims get fucked off that their needs aren't met?
  • Options
    perhaps the muslims get fucked off that their needs aren't met?
    But why should they be met?
    You dont hear vegetarians hiring out the park so they can have a day where no meat is sold in the restaurants
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    You dont hear vegetarians hiring out the park so they can have a day where no meat is sold in the restaurants

but if they wanted to, they could.

it's just one weekend- get over it. if you dont want to go when it's happening then pick another day.
  • Options
    Kat_B wrote:
    but if they wanted to, they could.

it's just one weekend- get over it. if you dont want to go when it's happening then pick another day.

exactly.

it's like people who come into tesco and all you hear is them moaning about it. shop somewhere else then you muppet.
  • Options
    icey wrote:
    But why should they be met?

i'm not saying i agree with it...

however you can't really say why should their needs be met. in that case why should your needs be met?
  • Options
    Are Alton Towers running this Muslim day, or has it been hired out by someone else? Because if you have enough money then you're entitled to hire it out.
  • Options
    Are Alton Towers running this Muslim day, or has it been hired out by someone else? Because if you have enough money then you're entitled to hire it out.

its been hired out by Islamic Leisure, a group that organise days out for british muslims.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I basically agree with this -- and I think that for the most part, people who complain about "political correctness" are really just pissed off that they're not able to get away with their prejudices any more because people call them up on it.
    What a load of shit.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    its true, you can bet your life that the people who complain about stuff like this wouldnt complain about a whites only day etc.. (theoretically)
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    I basically agree with this -- and I think that for the most part, people who complain about "political correctness" are really just pissed off that they're not able to get away with their prejudices any more because people call them up on it.
    well political correctness has gotten a bit OTT and i'm not racist/sexist or whatever
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    well political correctness has gotten a bit OTT and i'm not racist/sexist or whatever

exactly! it has gone mental.

another one that pisses me off is women only insurance companies....if there was a men only one there would be a outcry.

also gay clubs that are "gay only" (personally ive been turned away from a gay club)..if there was a "NO GAYS" club, they'd get in loads of trouble.

its dual standards, only interested in discrimination when its good for them.

but i dont let it bother me, its just part of life. people just need to get on with it
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    Hmm, maybe we ought to start a thread in P&D about this, because this Alton Towers thread has now been totally derailed.

true! bet they wish they never asked about cheap tickets! i apologise.
  • Options
    sophia wrote:
    What a thoughtful and intelligent line of argument you've developed there, you've certainly made me see that I was wrong. :rolleyes:

People like you would never actually admit they were wrong though, in my experience.

I think its plain to anybody with a brain that banning piggy banks because they might offend jews and muslims, banning blackboards in favour of white boards (Which was actually really ironic, its not alright to have a black board but a white board is ok?) etc is not only completely idiotic but makes very little sense in this day and age.

Practically everybody who i've spoken to about it agrees that something is going wrong, even my own parents - both in professions that would have them sacked instantly just for holding racist/whatever views. To declare most people who think political correctness is a bit loopy as racists, sexists, nazis whatever - well i'd say that shows how quick you yourself are to judge people.
This discussion has been closed.