Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Just don't know what to do...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Evening all,

firstly, this is my first post so please go easy on me! Although I have been a lurker now for a while.

Well basically I'd just appreciate a bit of advice on opinion on the situation I'm in with a girl that I like, and who I believe also likes me.

I've been getting quite close to a girl for a while now, since about errrm last September. I've only really started to realise how much I liked her in the past 2 months or so.

I just can't seem to make myself show any emotions to her in person or make a pass at her. When my parents brought me up they sort of brought me up to be "emotionally on my own", I never talked about girls or anything like that with them. Hell they didnt even know I was interested in girls until I was 16!

So I would really appreciate it if anyone could be kind enough to just offer me any advice or just voice their opinion.

Many Thanks, James

Comments

• Options
    Hi James, welcome to TheSite. It's a cool place with cool people, why don't you stay a while?

Have a look at this thread for some ideas on how to broach it to this girl that you like her:
    http://vbulletin.thesite.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102073

Good luck!
  • Options
    well maybe keep up your friendship with her, but spend abit mroe time with her/do some more obvisouly gf/bf things - i.e. ask her out to the cinema, just the 2 of you+see what she says?
  • Options
    Give us a bit more information. What's your relationship like with her currently? Where do you know her from? How often do you get the opportunity to interact with her? Has she given any indication that she might like you?
  • Options
    Thanks for your replies.

At the moment we're just close friends. We flirt with each other a lot, like every time we talk! We see each other usually at the weekend, and also a few times in the evenings in the weekday. Yeh, im absolutely certain she likes me.

I guess im just really shy, does anyone have any ideas how I can get over this damn shyness?

many many thanks, James
  • Options
    Sit closer to her, maybe hold her hand while your talking?
  • Options
    I think confidence/shyness is a mind thing. You're telling her you like her more than anyone else you know and you've chosen her as the person you want to play a very special part in your life, right? Well, I think that's the biggest compliment you could pay anyone and no matter how she feels in return, it's still a very flattering thing to tell someone. Maybe if you think of it like that, as a compliment, instead of as "asking her out", it'll be easier to do.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't got back to you all sooner. I can't thank you enough for all your advice!

Last night I went round to her place to keep her company whilst her parents were out and I just took the plunge and kissed her. It was awesome. I absolutely loved it, so we spent the best part of that evening in each others arms kissing each other. This again happened tonight and I just can't describe it. Its just well...wow!!

Anyway, many many thanks for your words of wisdom....they really do help!

Keep up the good work, James
  • Options
    That's brilliant.

See, if you're fairly sure that someone likes you, then she'll find it much sexier if you're just confident and go for it. Good luck with the rest of it now.
  • Options
    awww @ this thread

i love hearing good news for a change!!

Reminds me of what happened with myself and someone a couple of months back, it was amazing so hearing this makes me feel all warm inside :heart:

hope it goes well for you both :D
  • Options
    way to go you, i am also shy and have simillar problems expressing feelings to girls, hope it keeps going well for ya
  • Options
    I'm really glad it worked out for you!