Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

afghanistan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aladdin wrote:
    Why are UK troops there? Simple. Because the US wanted it so.

And of course the Poodle is only to happy to oblige.
    and they don't want to loose any of their precious army so they send the ''allies'' troops?
    i hate the way we seem to get dragged into the shit america gets itself into
    of course, i don't really know anything about it but thats the impression i get
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    and they don't want to loose any of their precious army so they send the ''allies'' troops?
    i hate the way we seem to get dragged into the shit america gets itself into
    of course, i don't really know anything about it but thats the impression i get
    Whether they know everything or nothing that there is to know about the Afghan issue, everyone comes to the same conclusion. What are we doing there now? Does Blair want the blood of yet more fine soldiers on his already blood-stained hands?
  • Options
    Every other country that wishes to do so has pulled their troops from either of the two US battlefieds. The Americans might not like it, but they can do fuck all about it.

Still, even the thought of upsetting our masters to the west is too unbearable to contemplate by Mr Tony.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Still, even the thought of upsetting our masters to the west is too unbearable to contemplate by Mr Tony.
    But what does Mr Gordon think? Strangely quiet on that, isn't he... ;)
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    Every other country that wishes to do so has pulled their troops from either of the two US battlefieds. .
    get this laddin ...i was listening to the radio the other day ...this guy is explaining that there are actualy armies from thirty eight countries now doing whatever is it they are doing in afghanistan. as a way of proving how much support the yanks and the brits have out there.
    it turns out that ireland have soldiers out there ...four of them.
    sweden has ...one soldier out there ...other countries have ten maybe six ...i didn't get the other figures for laughing!
  • Options
    They are there to kill Islamists.
  • Options
    well that seems to be the best answer yet.
    seriously.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    so ...if we pull out today or in twenty years ...we will have achieved nothing.

But, if we pull out in twenty years, at least we have acieved alot of nothing, eh?
  • Options
    Aren't we over there because of some drugs crackdown as well?
  • Options
    Aren't we over there because of some drugs crackdown as well?

We are now, because since we got there opium has boomed.

Much like Iraq, there are various reasons all of them quite suspect (although I think Afghanistan is easier to argue than Iraq what with terrorists and what not).

But, much like Iraq we're not doing it properly, we havent got anywhere near the troop numbers to actually achieve what we want.

And, much like Iraq we need to either all out conqure or go home.
  • Options
    get this laddin ...i was listening to the radio the other day ...this guy is explaining that there are actualy armies from thirty eight countries now doing whatever is it they are doing in afghanistan. as a way of proving how much support the yanks and the brits have out there.
    it turns out that ireland have soldiers out there ...four of them.
    sweden has ...one soldier out there ...other countries have ten maybe six ...i didn't get the other figures for laughing!
    It is about time they deployed more.
  • Options
    Why should they?
  • Options
    luke88 wrote:
    It is about time they deployed more.

Yes. That will help no end.

More lambs to the slaughter.
  • Options
    The US should increase its troop numbers in Iraq to half a million as well as boosting its presence in Afghanistan.

It should raise taxes at home and increase the size of the military with regards both personnel and its budget.

The war on Islamism should not be skimped on.
  • Options
    Still not ready to join up to contribute to this conquest and crime against humanity that you continue to defend so adamantly eh Mat?

Sure, raise taxes on an already astronomically debt ridden society and demand more poor American kids go get crippled and killed just so you can continue spewing your ill informed one liners from the smug comfort of your beer-soaked armchair.

Just what we've come to expect of the chickenhawk warmonger bandwagon.
  • Options
    The US should increase its troop numbers in Iraq to half a million as well as boosting its presence in Afghanistan.

You mean it should actually bother with Afghanistan instead of practically leaving it to us British? That would be appreciated as it was the US's idea after all.
  • Options
    so...why are we there ...what do we hope to gain/achieve?
  • Options
    so...why are we there ...what do we hope to gain/achieve?