Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Platoon

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I saw this and couldn't resist posting it!!!
"Oh, I've been shot!"

ronaldo_dive.jpg

:no:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    "Ooooh Mr Blatter, you're so rough in bed!!!"
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    ronaldo_dive.jpg

I'd still tap that ass :angel:
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    "Ooooh Mr Blatter, you're so rough in bed!!!"

:lol::lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    ronaldo-big_phil.jpg

Awww, don't you feel for the lad?
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'd still tap that ass :angel:
    You tap his arse he will fall over roll out of your bed onto the landing and down the stairs :)
  • Options
    No, he deserves everything he gets.
  • Options
    ronaldo-big_phil.jpg

Not really, specially with the amount of money he make in a year...
  • Options
    You tap his arse he will fall over roll out of your bed onto the landing and down the stairs :)

I have to give you that one :lol:
  • Options
    So I think everyone's in agreement, Portugal are now officially the worlds biggest cheating divers (or diving cheaters if you prefer). It all started in that Porto UEFA Cup final against Celtic. Most of those players are now in the national team, and look at some of Chelsea's players now that Mourinho's the manager. So in conclusion, Mourinho is responsible for destroying football.:yes:
  • Options
    So I think everyone's in agreement, Portugal are now officially the worlds biggest cheating divers (or diving cheaters if you prefer). It all started in that Porto UEFA Cup final against Celtic. Most of those players are now in the national team, and look at some of Chelsea's players now that Mourinho's the manager. So in conclusion, Mourinho is responsible for destroying football.:yes:

yeah, because he tells his players to cheat...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Are you serious? You think he condemns it?
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

I would invite you to do some research if you would like into Portuguese football and their tradition of teaching their players to dive.
    Don't take my word for it.
    :)
  • Options
    Spanish and Italian players dive alot as well or maybe you people don't watch football beyond the English domestic league and european competitions. For years Italians had the reputation as the 'diving italians', now Portugal come along, and put theEnglish out of two tournaments, and well, it's pretty predictable how people will react.

And this may come as big shock to alot of you, but English players dive too, even golden boys like Gerrard.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I don't think you can argue with the fact that if there was an award for diving in the tournament the Portuguese would have won it.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I don't think you can argue with the fact that if there was an award for diving in the tournament the Portuguese would have won it.

You gotta rememberPortugal stayed in the tournament longer than most teams though, so they're under more scrutiny especially from the bitter English. Who's to say Holland, or the Ivory Coast or Argentina wouldn't have dived as much. I certainly think Holland would have - they were FAR worse than Portugal when they played eachother.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Who's to say Holland, or the Ivory Coast or Argentina wouldn't have dived as much. I certainly think Holland would have - they were FAR worse than Portugal when they played eachother.

The Dutch were certainly bad, and that particualr game was a terrible game of football with both teams behaving badly - probably the worst in the tournament.

So isn't it wonderful thing that none of those teams made the final?? :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So isn't it wonderful thing that none of those teams made the final?? :D

Perhaps. Though if you were Spanish I don't think you'd be too happy about France and Henry being in the final, so it works either way.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Perhaps. Though if you were Spanish I don't think you'd be too happy about France and Henry being in the final, so it works either way.

True, and I seem to remember some of Italians going down a bit easy too. I think it would be possible to find examples of diving for most teams in this tournament, but
    it has to be said that the Dutch and the Portuguese were a bit 'special' at it!
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    All in all I don't think it's been a particularly good tournemnt for sportsmanship.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    True, and I seem to remember some of Italians going down a bit easy too. I think it would be possible to find examples of diving for most teams in this tournament, but
    it has to be said that the Dutch and the Portuguese were a bit 'special' at it!

Fair enough, though my award for worst act of cheating goes to Henry.

I'll give the team award to Holland, though I doubt anyone else here would!
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Spanish and Italian players dive alot as well or maybe you people don't watch football beyond the English domestic league and european competitions. For years Italians had the reputation as the 'diving italians', now Portugal come along, and put theEnglish out of two tournaments, and well, it's pretty predictable how people will react.

And this may come as big shock to alot of you, but English players dive too, even golden boys like Gerrard.

Hold your horses, bro!!!
    You can claim you watch more football than me, but you are probably wrong.
    This discussion is about a Portuguese player and not about a player from another country.

Italians are known pussies as are the spanish, but the portuguese seem to make an art of it. And i didn't just come to that conclusion, I've known it for years!!
    Yes English players dive too, in fact I am not afraid to say that a player from the team I support is a cunt when it comes to diving (Luis Garcia) and I want him out.
    Gerrard has dived on few occasions but that ain't what we are talking about.
    We are talking about serial divers.

Stop remonstrating, you know I am right! ;):D
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    my award for worst act of cheating goes to Henry.

Deco gets mine..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW7J0OIXCro&search=portugal%20diving

or you could take your pick of these...:D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSHB-AQZ1E&search=portugal%20diving
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Well I think that's pretty conclusive, don't you?
  • Options
    Well I think that's pretty conclusive, don't you?

Conclusive of what? That Portugal are the biggest cheats? If you make conclusions based on videos of one team, kind of sums up the validity of your opinions.

As I said, if Holland and others had of stayed in the tournament as long as Portugal, we could probably make lots of lovely little compilations of them cheating as well. Portugal and Ronaldo are just flavour of the month with the English press and knucklehead fans looking for someone to blame apart from their own incompetent team and manager.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Portugal and Ronaldo are just flavour of the month with the English press and knucklehead fans looking for someone to blame apart from their own incompetent team and manager.

I'm not looking to blame anybody for Englands exit - they didn't put in the performance that was needed, and I know that. It doesn't mean I can't enjoy ripping into the dirtiest team in the tournament.

And making comparisons with other dirty teams doesn't make the antics of the Portuguese side any better.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:

And making comparisons with other dirty teams doesn't make the antics of the Portuguese side any better.

It doesn't, but it just helps to get a bit perspective when people say "So I think everyone's in agreement, Portugal are now officially the worlds biggest cheating divers" or saying that Portugal have a tradition of teaching their players to dive, while disregarding the fact that the Spanish and in particular the Italians have been diving for years. I'm just offering the flipside, because unlike alot of the English fans, I don't get drawn into all the media fuelled buzz-hate and bitterness.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I'm just offering the flipside, because unlike alot of the English fans, I don't get drawn into all the media fuelled buzz-hate and bitterness.
    Why because we hate Ronaldo and his very bad and sometimes comical diving and play-acting are we getting drawn into all the media fuelled buzz-hate and bitterness??

You think just because you go against things the press are saying that your opinion is better than anyone elses is. Well it isn't.

I don't hate Ronaldo because he played in the team who knocked England out, I don't hate him because the papers are slating him. I hate him because his antics in International and domestic football are ruining the game. I've hated him quite a few years because I've seen the cheating prick play and cheat countless number of times. I don't know how you can even begin to defend this lad if you like the beautiful game we call Football, because pricks like this are ruining it.

Yes its not just Ronaldo, your slating Henry for it, Italians are known for it blah blah blah. Still doesn't change the fact Ronaldo is a cheating charver nancy boy who really needs to get a grip of himself. He plays beautiful football so why is he ruining the beautiful game by his shameless diving.

Its not about offering the flip side of the coin because no-one can argue that he is a cheating prick. If they do they must have being watching the games with their eyes shut.
  • Options
    I don't know how you can even begin to defend this lad if you like the beautiful game we call Football, because pricks like this are ruining it.
    Exactly. Have you seen the compilation of Zidanes best moments from this World Cup? The number of times he could have gone down after fooling his opponent was ridiculous, but he didn't. He stayed on his feet and carried on after the ball, because he's a great player. Ronaldo could be a great player as well (maybe not as good as Zidane mind, but then who is?) but his mind seems to be set on trying to force a foul rather than beat his man and create something.

FIFA said at the start of this tournament that they were going to clamp down on diving, and instead, they've let every team get away with it. The reason it's easier to look at Portugal is that all of those incidents were from the same game, and a lot of them were by the same player. So why was that player not even so much as booked, if FIFA are clamping down on players diving?
  • Options
    Why because we hate Ronaldo and his very bad and sometimes comical diving and play-acting are we getting drawn into all the media fuelled buzz-hate and bitterness??

I know you're pretty consistent in your hatred but I've never really seen so much bile and hatred thrown at one player so much, over such trivial things. As someone said, Ronaldo had little to do with England going out apart from the winning penalty. People complain about diving, but his team-mates were worse. There is undoubtedly a media effect on people's opinions. The red-tops need their man for a witch-hunt, someone who can stir the fans into a ferverous rage of hate, someone who'll sell papers. Ronaldo's their man, easy.

For the record, I hate when he dives too, always have, so I can't defend him on that count. But I like him as a player, because I truly believe he's one of the best players to watch in the world. You can see when he gets the ball, the whole crowd stands up in expectancy. Not many players command such admiration and induce such excitement. I know alot of people won't relate to this because everytime they see him, they want his legs broken :rolleyes: , but it's different when you're actually watching him, urging him to do well. You're in a better position to admire what a fantastic talent he is.
  • Options
    As a non-England fan I feel I should give my output on this. Yes, Ronaldo dives and cheats to disgraceful levels.

But he wasn't the only one to blame for Portugal's cheating and diving. Many other Portuguese players were too.

As for the infamous Rooney incident, I think we're giving Ronaldo too much credit. A referee doesn't decide to send somebody off based on what some unrelated player who was 30 yards away might say. If you think about it, it is really stupid to suggest that the ref decided to send Rooney off after Ronaldo approached him and made a pointless gesture. It doesnt' work like that, wink or not wink.

The bloke's still a twat, but not much worse than the other Portuguese players.