Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Seeing Ronaldo cry.....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Was the happiest moment of my life. Still, cheering on France was a little odd!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I thought Beckham crying on Saturday was funnier.

Voted for Ronaldo to be Young Player of the World Cup earlier :yes:
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Bri-namite wrote:
    Voted for Ronaldo to be Young Player of the World Cup earlier :yes:

You think somebody so theatrical deserves it?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Really made me smile. I hope the little shit rots in hell.

Here's him crying like a little baby last time in Euro 2004:

_40346417_ronaldo_getty.jpg

And 2006:

_41852654_ronaldotears416.jpg

Haha :lol:
  • Options
    is it me or does he look like a 12 yo?
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    You think somebody so theatrical deserves it?

Nope, just did it for a rise ;)

Seriously though, he's a decent enough player. He doesn't need to carry on like he does.
  • Options
    Good to see English fans are as petty as ever.

For all his faults, Ronaldo was probably Portugal's best player today. Always positive and looking to attack. Scared the hell out of the defence.
  • Options
    He was. He also did a few more blantant dives.

I don't think anyone questions his great quality as a player. That's actually more the pity- he shouldn't have to do that.

I don't know if you watched the analysis after full time. They showed the Portuguese antics through the game and one particular Ronaldo dive was deserving of an Oscar.

The guy's a diving twat.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote:
    He was. He also did a few more blantant dives.

I don't think anyone questions his great quality as a player. That's actually more the pity- he shouldn't have to do that.

I don't know if you watched the analysis after full time. They showed the Portuguese antics through the game and one particular Ronaldo dive was deserving of an Oscar.

The guy's a diving twat.

:yes:

As for being petty, I think that's a little unfair. We get members from other British nations rejoicing in Englands defeat and that's fine, but when we do it it's petty?

Addict I don't think you can argue with the fact that the Portuguese are showed some very dodgy antics both tonight and during the Dutch game. I think it would have been a shame if they'd progressed any further.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yea, I noticed that dive in the box. Twas grim. I do think he dives alot more for Portugal than United. In fact I barely saw him dive all season till now and I've enjoyed watching him play alot more than other seasons where I think he dived alot, thereby earning his reputation. I think Scolari is more forgiving of diving than Ferguson, and has them playing that way. Real would be more forgiving as well.
  • Options
    MattMatt wrote:
    Was the happiest moment of my life.

I sincerely hope you're exaggerating.

I felt pretty sorry for him, but since he's probably drying his eyes with paper money rather than paper hankerchiefs I'll get over it ;)
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I sincerely hope you're exaggerating.

gotta pity some people don't ya, probably still a bit sore.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    gotta pity some people don't ya, probably still a bit sore.
    Please please please, how the fuck can you defend that cheating portugeese wanker??
    He should have being sent off more than once for conning the ref, some of the dives were absolute comedy, didn't know whether to laugh, cringe or shout abuse at the little nancy boy.
    The one in the box where he threw himself through two players and started flinging his arms about, fuck me that did deserve an oscar, what a cock that lad is. And it isn't sour grapes from English fans, did you notice the majority of the stadium booing him from start to finish. Is it only the Man U fans who don't seem to think hes a cheating prick??
    Don't think anyone will deny he is a quality player and did scare the life out of the French at the back but this is ALL overshadowed by his cheating antics on the pitch.
    He's taking a lot of the flack but none of his Portugal team mates are any better, its like they have all being to diving/play-acting school. Big fat phil scholari doesn't help, he will be very embarrased about his reaction when he sees the replays of the decisions he was moaning about. Glad the fat prick isn't coming to manage England. At least we play in a sportsman like manner.
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/portugal/5153086.stm

This guys a joke, quote Ronaldo "We played well and did our best but the referee didn't help us" "Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair" "He should have shown yellow cards but he did not because Portugal is a small country"

YES Ronaldo he should have shown yellow cards, quite a few to you you diving prick.

Another of his quotes "It was a very bad referee tonight. I should have had a penalty" :lol:
    I'll explain the rules to him DIVING IS NOT A PENALTY. I hope this guy gets so much shit when he gets back that he has to leave the country.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/world_cup_2006/teams/portugal/5153086.stm

This guys a joke, quote Ronaldo "We played well and did our best but the referee didn't help us" "Everyone who saw the match could see that the referee wasn't fair" "He should have shown yellow cards but he did not because Portugal is a small country"

YES Ronaldo he should have shown yellow cards, quite a few to you you diving prick.

Another of his quotes "It was a very bad referee tonight. I should have had a penalty" :lol:
    I'll explain the rules to him DIVING IS NOT A PENALTY. I hope this guy gets so much shit when he gets back that he has to leave the country.
    I hope someone burns his house down, preferably with him in it.
  • Options
  • Options
    I think all the vitriolic shite thrown at him is a form of flattery deep down especially that ihateronaldo.com website (lol). People, especially in Britain, like to shoot those down who are successful. Ronaldo actually seems to play better when he's getting abuse though so it kind of has a reverse effect.

I'd also bet alot of the people booing yesterday were England fans who anticipated a semi-final slot at least. ;)
  • Options
    I think he gets alot of grief because we know a cheating little cunt when we see one! :yes:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    What was he crying about?
  • Options
    What was he crying about?

Because his team got knocked out of the semi-finals of the World Cup.
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    Because his team got knocked out of the semi-finals of the World Cup.

Fucking fanny.
  • Options
    Fucking fanny.

There's more to football than money for some players.
  • Options
    So much as Ronaldo is the national hate figure at the moment (with reason IMO) lampasting him for crying doesn't quite work... He wasn't exactly the only one to player to have cried after going out of the WC.

The S*n was calling him today a cry-baby. Perhaps they should be reminded of the pictures they printed themselves on Monday regarding another team.
  • Options
    If you forget about the winning penalty, then I really don't think Ronaldo was that much of a factor on England getting knocked out.

Certainly Rooney was more at fault, and as has been said, if Ronaldo had decided to stamp on John Terry's nuts and Beckham had gone steaming in, then it'd be different and you all know it.

I'd also suggest that Fabregas and Reyes might have more of a right to be more aggrieved at Mr Henry's antics. Do correct me if I'm wrong, but I've not seen any calls for them to chop him in half when pre-season starts again.

As much as we've known for years now that Ronaldo is a cheat, I think there's a really horrible undercurrent to all this, and it's bound to spill over into next season now.
  • Options
    Whiny cheating scumbag he may be, he did play very very well against France.
  • Options
    What I don't get is why NO ONE is mentioning Miguel and Maniche who were far "better" (ahem) divers throughout the game than Ronaldo!!

Ronaldo is just one of a group of diving twats.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    What I don't get is why NO ONE is mentioning Miguel and Maniche who were far "better" (ahem) divers throughout the game than Ronaldo!!

As I said, people, especially in Britain, like to shoot down those who are successful or are doing well for themselves. Ronaldo is the golden boy of the Portugal team. He'll probably be one of the best players in the world. He's a young, arrogant, precocious talent who catches your eye. Perfect target for English hate and bitterness. His ethnicity is hardly popular either with his distinct Mediterranean look - I'm just surprised we haven't heard Kermit coming out with his vile 'Dago' slurs yet.
  • Options
    I mentioned in my post it wasn't just Ronaldo but basically all of the Portugal team. Ronaldo has taken ALL the flak for his and his teammates cheating, saying that I'm glad cos I hate the prick and have done for a number of years.

ihateronaldo.com :lol: hehe
  • Options
    Yeah i thought wuite sorry for him - but i dont really know anything about football so i dont really pick up on the naughty things he does!! But he is quite good looking although he does look about 16 - which happens to be my age!! ;):lol: