Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

creepy man

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Wasn't really too sure about where to post this - it is kind of to do with relationships, but here goes anyway...

On another forum I use the guy who runs it (the admin type person) is a bit of a creep. I didn't always think so, I exchanged a few PMs with him a couple of years ago until he started getting a bit fresh with me and being sexually explicit. When I didn't respond to PMs and stuff he hacked into the database to find my e-mail and harrass me through that. He was constantly pestering me and things got a bit much. He eventually stopped and left me alone when I started dating my boyfriend.

I've since found out that he was also harrasing another girl I was in touch with in the same way...

I told this guy in no uncertain terms that if I ever found out he was doing this again I'd make sure he got in trouble for it.

This week he's started to harrass one of my closest friends. I warned he about him and what he was like so she is aware of it, but he won't leave her alone - making personal comments, being too forward with her and asking her private questions about herself.

She's very upset, and I am too - it's bringing back a lot of crappy memories of how he upset me and made me feel shit about myself.

The thing is that this forum is a support forum, somewhere where a lot of very vulnerable folks go to seek help and advice and I feel this guy is taking advantage of that situation and in a way preying on vulnerable women.

What do I do? Is there anyone I can complain to about him? How best can I help put a stop to it before real damage is done?

Thanks in advance for any help
Love cavey
xx

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like a sort of sexual abuse so I think stuff like that can be reported to the police... You can probably do it on the web, but don't know where...
  • Options
    Are there any other admins on the board? If so, you could tell your friend not to delete the messages and foward them onto another admin. Tell them what has been going on, and that its not only to the one person, but others.
  • Options
    Cut it out Jim. You know that's not what you're payed for.
  • Options
    Cut it out Jim. You know that's not what you're payed for.

:lol::lol::lol: :thumb:
  • Options
    lol - aww, poor Jim...bless

I'd like to make it quite clear it's on another forum i use and most definitely not this site :) .
  • Options
    btw - thanks for your help so far too - there are another two admins on the site, but i'm not entirely sure i'd get anywhere with complaining to them really...
  • Options
    Yeah, maybe some practical advice rather than piss taking. Save your PM's and emails somewhere on your own computer, and get anyone else affected to do the same thing. You never know how far this type of thing would go, but they'd be useful to have.
  • Options
    Leave that forum and change your email address.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    I dunno about you, but for me it'd be a major pain in the arse to change my email address now.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

That doesn't help the friend or others he may prey on in the future though.

I agree with the people that have said save the messages, and consider talking to the other admins/a higher power if you can.
  • Options
    cavegirl wrote:
    The thing is that this forum is a support forum, somewhere where a lot of very vulnerable folks go to seek help and advice and I feel this guy is taking advantage of that situation and in a way preying on vulnerable women.

What do I do? Is there anyone I can complain to about him? How best can I help put a stop to it before real damage is done?

PM me with the details of the site and I'll see what I can do for you :).

Of course, you'll have to have sex with me and let me make kinky comments in public. ;)

Just kidding! It's an honest offer :).
  • Options
    I dunno about you, but for me it'd be a major pain in the arse to change my email address now.

I know that - having had an old email address of mine being hacked into...