Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Football tops on men

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ladies, what do you think? Football top, cool pair of jeans with trainers, do you like the look?

One girl I know reckons it is if the top is one of the national teams from the World Cup?

Comments

• Options
    I don't mind it if the football is on or they are working out/playing a sport but any other time I don't really like them.
  • Options
    if a guy is fit he'll look good in anything, but generally no i don't like football tops.
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch a guy wearing a football top with a 10 foot barge pole. I don't 'do' men who are into football. :yuck:
  • Options
    I wouldn't touch a guy wearing a football top with a 10 foot barge pole. I don't 'do' men who are into football. :yuck:
    why not?
  • Options
    i dont think many people wear football tops to impress anyone. Its not as if you see them often during nights out where they may be "on the pull." What people wear is up to them and if they are not trying to attract a certain female whilst wearing them, why criticise them?
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    why not?
    Because football tops are generally the ugliest item of clothing ever, plus I cannot tolerate the game of football and have no interest in it whatsoever, thus making it pretty pointless to date someone/ or even eye someone up, who's wearing a football shirt.
  • Options
    Because football tops are generally the ugliest item of clothing ever, plus I cannot tolerate the game of football and have no interest in it whatsoever, thus making it pretty pointless to date someone/ or even eye someone up, who's wearing a football shirt.

to make such a judgement is odd. How can you say all tops are ugly when they all look different, I cant think of one factual thing about football shirts that links them together.

Im sticking up for the football shirt wearers, i own quite a lot and wear them when i feel it neccesery. I have no interest in Ballet, but if someone wore replica ballet shoes, i am more likely to be interested in finding out more about them than snub them
  • Options
    the way you phrased it though: "I wouldn't touch a guy wearing a football top with a 10 foot barge pole. I don't 'do' men who are into football. " sounds like snobbery to me!
  • Options
    I dunno, maybe I'm a bit too open minded, but have you ever thought that they might not just be a one-dimensional cliche, and that despite their clothing their interests might actually go beyond football?
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit

You would go near a bloke simply because they might enjoy a particular sport? I find that a little odd.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    As long as its not pink and they don't top it off with flared jeans, I say why not. Its just s shirt. And in a time where the sport is going on, its always nice to see who people support.
  • Options
    if i could choose between a man in a football shirt and a man in an ordinary t-shirt i'd choose the t-shirt

but i wouldnt automatically have no interest in a man if he was wearing one, unless of course he talked about nothing but footballs and constantly ran around singing "vindaloo"

I'd be offended if a man was put off me because i was wearing a band t-shirt if he didnt like bands, because obviously theres alot more to me than the band t-shirt im wearing. so i cant really make that judgement myself
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    As long as its not pink and they don't top it off with flared jeans, I say why not. Its just s shirt. And in a time where the sport is going on, its always nice to see who people support.
    Oh come on, you know you love it.

kappa_pink_ale_torricelli.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't think there were any pink jersies :p
    Ok, so then, just as long as they don't top it off with the flared jeans its allright ;)
  • Options
    Lol. I only remembered Juventus had one because I saw my friends sexy roommate in just a pink shirt and her knickers at uni. My God that was hot.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    iI'd be offended if a man was put off me because i was wearing a band t-shirt if he didnt like bands, because obviously theres alot more to me than the band t-shirt im wearing. so i cant really make that judgement myself

:thumb:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Would depend on the team, of course.
  • Options
    depends on the lad obviously. my ex has about 20 different football shirts from around the world and they were just like any of his other tops that he wore. no difference.
  • Options
    My mum, who is reading this over my shoulder, says that men should only wear football tops if they are playing football.
  • Options
    My mum, who is reading this over my shoulder, says that men should only wear football tops if they are playing football.

what about supporting? i.e. at a football match.
  • Options
    :chin: I suppose that would be ok!
  • Options
    Most of the lads i know only really wear them when they're off to watch a match, Englands playing or just in the daytime in summer when they're slumming it in the pub. For night's out, smarter daytimes etc. they don't really wear them. Don't see that it really matters most of the time. If someone turned up for a date dressed in a footie top i'd probably be a little put off that they hadn't made more of an effort as I suppose i see footie tops as casual time wear.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    the way you phrased it though: "I wouldn't touch a guy wearing a football top with a 10 foot barge pole. I don't 'do' men who are into football. " sounds like snobbery to me!
    Then, *shock horror* I must be a snob because I hate football :crazyeyes :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Then, *shock horror* I must be a snob because I hate football :crazyeyes :rolleyes:

no you are a snob because you hate people that like football
  • Options

Did you ever think there was more to people than just the sport they're into?
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    me neither tbh.
    it would put me right off.
  • Options
    your mum tells it like it is! :yes:
  • Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Lets try not to get personal shall we?
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Would depend on the team, of course.

Of course
    Most of the lads i know only really wear them when they're off to watch a match,

I've never found that. At school, nearly all the boys wear football shirts. (Not the team they play for, just the big named football teams)