Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

WMD's

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I wish i had a nuke...Then i could sit on it and put on a cowboy hat and do that scene from Dr Strangelove!
  • Options
    right so ...the message we are sending to iran and n korea is ...if you want to have some clout on the world political scene ...you must have nukes?
  • Options
    its a spiral, as soon as one country gets a nuclear bomb everyother country has to do the same, to feel protected! so if no country processed one then no-one would be threatened to also have one!
    vast amounts of nuclear material has gone 'missing' since it was first processed, so IF (biggest IF ever) it was ever used against us or som other country then its our own fault!
  • Options
    it was ever used against us or som other country then its our own fault!
    but at least we'll be able to wipe the buggars out along with ourselves ...mad world innit.
  • Options
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,200499,00.html
    Change anything? Why's no-one else running this story?
    If this story was true, the Bush & Blair administrations (or is it administration?) would have been crowing about it no end every time a weapon was found. Sounds like total nonsense to me.

As for replacing Trident, I'm not sure what to think. I reckon that the whole world should be busily dismantling its nuclear weapons, but getting a programme like that going would be difficult in the extreme. Britain getting new nukes would send out a message to Iran and North Korea, and other so-called "axis of evil" countries, saying "We don't want you to have weapons, but we'll keep ours anyway". Some message that would be...
  • Options
    Simple really. A bunch of old shells left over in the field of battle after the Iran-Iraq war are now being touted (but you have to really screw your your eyes up to see this) as the proof that Saddam had an 'active WMD program' (who says the intelligence agencies don't earn their pay?). According to a senator whose flagging election campaign needs a serious boost...