Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fucking stupid horny peckers!

SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
Just coming back from a mates house, I've hit a deer at about 40mph and it's stoved the front of my motor in. :mad: Killed the poor bastard too

It's no wonder we're top of the food chain.
Weekender Offender 

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I remember when I was young and we were on holiday in the country and I was sick out of the car window. The next day my dad goes to see if it needs cleaning up, there's a dead deer in the vicinity - and no sick :eek: :lol:

You'd be suprised how many people claim for deer accidents though mate - surprisingly common :yes:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    You'd be suprised how many people claim for deer accidents though mate - surprisingly common :yes:

Where I live there are thousands of bastard animals on the road - pony's, cattle, sheep, pigs etc etc but in all my time living here I've managed to avoid hitting one personally.

I was in mates car a few year ago when we hit a pecker at over 60 and split the thing right open. It fucked the car right up but the worse thing was seeing a little unborn fawn on the side of the road. :yuck:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    Where I live there are thousands of bastard animals on the road - pony's, cattle, sheep, pigs etc etc but in all my time living here I've managed to avoid hitting one personally.

I was in mates car a few year ago when we hit a pecker at over 60 and split the thing right open. It fucked the car right up but the worse thing was seeing a little unborn fawn on the side of the road. :yuck:

aww poor thing.

Whenever I've been in a car driving through the New Forest we've had to stop randomly for animals crossing. Grrr can be annoying. Shame about your car. Wouldn't be surprised if someone came along and nicked the roadkill, expensive meat that is :p (not that I've tried it though).
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Haha I saw a dead bird today.

When my train got to work they opened the door at the end to put another train on the end and a dead bird fell out. Made me chuckle. The driver shouted "pick it up, thats lunch!"
  • Options
    Wouldn't be surprised if someone came along and nicked the roadkill, expensive meat that is :p (not that I've tried it though).

I had to have my mate (a local farmer) come out and get rid of it. If you hit a deer you have to inform the old bill.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Yeah, the council come and remove them where I live. You don't get many deers killed on my local roads but a few stupid muntjacks do end up as roadkill.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Skive wrote:
    It's no wonder we're top of the food chain.
    :lol:

Bad news though man... even if you claim, it still kills your no claims bonus! Sucks dude... make ya glad the next time you hit a rabbit it ain't anything bigger like!
  • Options
    I hit a dear once, it was in a little geo metro, just caught the corner, crunched the corner of the car and the deer just stood there and looked at us. (It was my dad and I)

I hope the damage isn't too bad to your car, and good to hear your ok, that it didn't cause any physical harm.
  • Options
    I hit a rabbit. But tbh, it wasn't a bad thing as the fox got a feed without having to work his poor little ginger legs off. :p
  • Options
    did you bung it in the boot for later?
    Otherwise its a waste.

Venison :yum:
  • Options

:yuck:
  • Options
    Where I live back home you see LOADS of dead birds, hedgehogs, rabbits, foxes and badgers in the road. I was once in a taxi that ran over a badger and once, when my ex was driving me home he ran over a cute fluffy little bunny rabbit!!! It was horrible!
  • Options
    my mum killed a cat once
    as i was in the car the other day we drove past a dead cat in the side of the road, when i came back there was blood stains all over :(
    thats awful about the fawn, i would have cried!
  • Options
    did you bung it in the boot for later?
    Otherwise its a waste.

My mate took it, he wont waste it.
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I was once in a taxi that ran over a badger and once

When I was about 16 my mate and I were riding down the local when a badger came right out in front of him. He hit it came straight off his bike. :lol:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    i've never had a roadkill before thankfully! have driven over something that was already dead before, didn't like that much. :yuck:
  • Options
    poor bambi :(
  • Options
    Come close to hitting animals a few times. I can understand it must be a fucker, i don't think i'd report it either. When i was up in the National speed limit roads in Scotland there was roadkill every 250 - 500 metres.
  • Options
    I think if you run a deer over your not allowed to eat it but if someone else does you are allowed to. I may be wrong though.
  • Options
    I think if you run a deer over your not allowed to eat it but if someone else does you are allowed to. I may be wrong though.

You have to inform the plice about hitting dogs, deer, and commoners animals.
    You don't have to inform them about cats, rabbits and birds.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Not to long ago I was driving to my parents and the road was covered in probably a day old red. like a freaking masacare went on. I saw a deer body on the side of the road. About a quarter of a mile away I saw its head. That was odd.

Though thats not the first time I've seen that. Decapitated deer seem to be all the rage on that interstate.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I've never been in a car that hit some animal, but I've seen some dead ones. Usually cats and dogs, but once (when I was on holiday) I saw a snake flattened on the asphalt.
  • Options
    I hit a rabbit at 60 once, thing was in the middle of the road and i braked but it just went straight under with a huge bang from the undercarriage of my car. :no:
  • Options
    Not the same but i stood on a lizard once.

Anyway i have nightmares about hitting badgers. I thought they were little but they are huge. So far i've managed to avoid killing anything.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Not the same but i stood on a lizard once.

:lol:
  • Options
    Did it jump across or was it just standing in the road?

Look on the bright side, at least it didn't come crashing through the windscreen. At least, I assume not. I've nearly been the recipient of that, out at Laverstock.

Accidents must be reported to the Police if they involve a dog, goat, cattle, ass, sheep, horse, mule or pig. I've never even seen a mule. :confused:
  • Options
    Miffy wrote:
    Did it jump across or was it just standing in the road?

Look on the bright side, at least it didn't come crashing through the windscreen. At least, I assume not. I've nearly been the recipient of that, out at Laverstock.

It jumped out in front of me in Redlynch.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    my mum killed a cat once

My dad did that once - it was his neighbour's cat as well. My dad has also hit a cow as well...
  • Options
    My mum also once reversed over the neighbours cat

So far I havent killed anything, except those insects on the motorway, One was so huge the other day, My first thought was that someone had chucked a sandwich out of their window and it had hit mine :o Seriously was full of blood and everything..ewww