Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Swearing

2»

Comments

• Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I swear to much these days. Oops.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sofie wrote:
    Oh dear! He hasn't learnt the F word yet has he?

Well once he came back from his dad and told me "Fat Fuck Face"...

Only time we heard it tho...
  • Options
    I swear for comic effect mostly.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    I swear too much when things get me angry.

I am careful and wary of when I swear as I have to be careful at work. Even when I whack my knee into the table and hurt myself :|
  • Options
    In the topic of things, I heard the cutest/funniest thing from a kid the other day.

We were out eating and this kid in the booth behind ours, probably 5 years old. The kid just randomly says, I know what a-s-s spells. The parents are trying to hush him up but he keeps saying, I know what a-s-s spells. The mother goes, its association. Kid goes, no its not, a-s-s isn't association. A-s-s is a naughty word.

Hilarous.
  • Options
    i prolly swear a bit much but only around those who don't mind, i won't swear around relatives and i always feel bad if i shout F**K! then turn around and see a little kid who must've heard me (at this point i usually come out with "oh shit!, i mean...bollocks!"), and the dad/mum will give you a dirty look, lol that's well out of order......have to watch it at work as well, it's not very professional but my boss is terrible, he is f**king irish though.....:D
  • Options
    briggi swears a lot but it just makes me laugh, it's endearing rather than annoying. And when you call me buggerlugs, oof! Haha.

I swear more or less depending on who I'm with. As for parents, I'll swear around my mum and either of my sisters, but rarely my dad and never, ever around my brother. I swear a lot at my flatmate a lot because she hates it.
  • Options
    Occasionally, but not that often. I swore quite a lot today though, but otherwise, I can usually control myself.
  • Options
    I swear quite a lot. I tend to use cunt in regular everyday conversation, which has started to worry me.

I swear a LOT more when I'm annoyed or upset. Like today, when I found out my shit History result, I text the boy "Fuck. Fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck". I think it summed up my feelings quite well :D.
  • Options
    Well once he came back from his dad and told me "Fat Fuck Face"...

Only time we heard it tho...

:lol:

Is that how he addressed you NMM?
  • Options
    I swear a lot, but most of the time it's warrented.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I swear too much.
  • Options
    I don't swear very much. I have also been known to ask random people in my vicinity if they would stop swearing because it's offensive. I'm not uptight though, honest :D
  • Options
    swearing is so 2004
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I don't swear very much. I have also been known to ask random people in my vicinity if they would stop swearing because it's offensive. I'm not uptight though, honest :D

You are so square!!

:p
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    :lol:

Is that how he addressed you NMM?

Nah... He refer to me as "Papa" which is basically daddy in french...
  • Options
    I dont swear excessively, i neither try to swear or try not to swear. i just swear when i feel the need!

Usually to emphasise a point, or when im angry. I normally shout "ah cunt / shit / fuck" if i stubb my toe or something.

I commonly tell friends to fuck off as a joke if they are cheeky (in a friendly way that they understand and reciprocate!)
  • Options
    I swear too much. It's hard because my parents have started letting me get away with swearing in front of them, and so it's easier to just swear all the time now. :no:

I don't say the C word, but Fuck is my word of choice, which really isn't the best word to use regularly. Twat, shit and bollocks are also 3 words I use frequently lol. :thumb:

I don't like women swearing. Well, the odd swear word's alright, but like, Lisa off BB who uses fuck and a verb noun and adjective - it's totally uncalled for and really ugly imo.
  • Options
    Girls swearing is a huge turn off for me. As is girls smoking.

I occasionally swear - especially whilst driving amongst idiots - but try not to.
  • Options
    I swear a lot at my flatmate a lot because she hates it.

A few friend of of mine do this to me. One time we were talking and I got accused of swearing; even though I hadn't even opened my mouth...
  • Options
    You are so square!!

:p

It's true. My square persona disguises the rebelious me, thereby protecting me from suspicion for my less square activities...
  • Options
    I like to swear. It puts more emphasis on my sentance.

For example: Go away. Go the fuck away.

See what I did there? ;)
  • Options
    I swear. I swore alot when I was with my ex. About 80% of the words that came out of his mouth were naughty words. As I was with him for so long and spent so much time with him, I picked up on it really badly.

I don't swear as much now.
  • Options
    I like to swear. It puts more emphasis on my sentance.

For example: Go away. Go the fuck away.

See what I did there? ;)
    OMGOSH HUSBAND :heart:.
  • Options
    I definately swore too much today. I'm stopping now... I'm disappointed with myself and the language utilised today - during one special 10 minutes. :(
  • Options
    I dont like it when people swear to intimidate but at any other times is fine by mee!

edit: dunno if this question has been asked before but why is it deemed acceptable for a bloke to swear a lot but apparently really digusting when a woman does it? Not trying to start an arguement just generally interested.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote:
    I generally swear alot at work... anything more than 2 flight a day and I'm away with it

something along the lines of 'fucks sake, how hard is it to keep your seat belt fastened for another 30 seconds? stupid fuckers' etc

I'm the same.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    edit: dunno if this question has been asked before but why is it deemed acceptable for a bloke to swear a lot but apparently really digusting when a woman does it? Not trying to start an arguement just generally interested.

It's probably not considered 'lady-like' or something like that?
  • Options
    i don't use the c word as i find it offensive.

i do need to cut down on my swearing, especially at work, a Mcdonalds happy meal isn't a happy meal if it's preceeded by "where is my fucking Hamburger no pickles u lazy twats?"

The parents don't find that happy.
  • Options
    Oh come on .. life wouldnt be the same without swearing :p

I swear. A lot. Not infront of females unless they swear infront of me.