Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A question for girls, regarding guys facial hair

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just out of curiousity, i have a quick question...do you prefer guys WITH facial hair, or without? Just wondering...personally, i prefer letting my facial hair grow a bit, rather than shaving it off all the time because it makes me look a touch older (an important thing for me, considering i'm 21 and look about 16), but i've been wondering what girls think about it.

Comments

• Options
    I LOVE it. The hairier the better, I can't get into this "designer stubble" look.

:yum:

Of course, it depends on the specific man... and the specific hair. But generally it'd get a thumbs up from moi.
  • Options
    Cant go wrong with a bit of stubble, i'm not keen on shaped stubble if you know what i mean, I prefer the natural unkempt look.
  • Options
    Even if it's a Gary Neville moustache?
  • Options
    Even if it's a Gary Neville moustache?

No. That is very, very wrong.

I love a good beard though, but not Santa-style or anything. You can't miss the mark as easily as you can with a 'tache, either.
  • Options
    i like clean shaven.
  • Options
    I like both. It depends on the person though I spose - there'll no doubt be a mixed view...
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    No. That is very, very wrong.

I love a good beard though, but not Santa-style or anything. You can't miss the mark as easily as you can with a 'tache, either.

:lol:

How much of a beard do you like then? Like a full grown one that you can put hair bands in and has to be combed?
  • Options

How much of a beard do you like then? Like a full grown one that you can put hair bands in and has to be combed?
    Something like this?
    beard.jpg
  • Options
    I don't mind a bit of stubble I'm not into perfectly shaped goaties a la Craig David.
  • Options

Ha, it's difficult to describe. Not a long, straggly wizard beard, but quite thick and fairly short. Just to be contrary, I also love shaving beards, which doesn't bode well for my beard loving. I think I missed my calling as a barber...

Oh, and IWS, that's the kind of beard that would inspire me to chase him down the street trying to stroke his beard. Though it's more of a weird moustache really. Sex-ay.
  • Options
    Something like this?
    beard.jpg

Ooo Briggi he has a sparkle in his eye just for you... :love: i think you'd look very cute together.
  • Options
    Ooo Briggi he has a sparkle in his eye just for you... :love: i think you'd look very cute together.

:yes: we would more than likely be the perfect couple. But I fear he'd spend more time grooming with his badger beard grooming brush than with me... and that would never do!
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    Not keen on goaties or moustaches at all, bit of stubble looks nice though, as long as it's not really dark and looks like you've had a late night and not enough time to shave!
  • Options
    Pearly wrote:
    Not keen on goaties or moustaches at all, bit of stubble looks nice though, as long as it's not really dark and looks like you've had a late night and not enough time to shave!

:yes: :yes: :yes: :thumb:
  • Options
    I love stubble it looks so good on the right guy, but when its not on the right guy it just looks mank lol
  • Options
    Phwoar!
    gm_gallery6.jpg
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote:
    Phwoar!
    gm_gallery6.jpg

:yum::yum::yum:
  • Options
    i love facial hair :yes: whether its stubble or a full on beard. .. however, it depends on the guy its on though. some men grow beards and they look downright weird, but others have them and they look lurvely :yum:
  • Options
    It feels awful. However, it does look alright on certain men...
  • Options
    Stubble looks good on certian people.

If you can't grow facial hair though, nothing looks good. If your one of the people where it takes a month to get stubble then it only comes in patches, just leave it clean shaven.

Oh and stubble, makes for a real good back scratch.

ZZ Top has a sexy look too.
  • Options
    Something like this?
    beard.jpg

I like those ones as well...

beard-758586.JPG7689210.jpg
  • Options
    has anyone seen what tom jones looks like now he has to dye his beard? :no:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    If you can't grow facial hair though, nothing looks good.

Agreed. There are some boys at school (Years 10-12) who've made some sort of attempt to grow facial hair, but it looks awful.:yuck:
    Oh and stubble, makes for a real good back scratch.

LOL
  • Options
    People with beards always look like murderers or big issue sellers/pirates in need of a wash. Often both.

I'm just bitter that I can go no further than bumfluff (typed bumfull there, oh how wacky am I?) even if I wanted to :yeees:
  • Options
    I like it tbh, as long as its neat and kept trimmed.
  • Options
    I dont mind a bit of stubble. Really dont mind at all. If you do a 'craig david' style goatee you will get laughed at, probably to your face as well.
  • Options
    craig david doesnt have a goatee, he just has weird lines of hair that look like theyve been drawn onto his face.
  • Options
    craig david doesnt have a goatee, he just has weird lines of hair that look like theyve been drawn onto his face.

Thats so ugly. I saw one the other day, the pencil thin line of hair ran down along his cheek bone... real, well, ugly.

Or the ones that go along the jaw line. Thats gotta take alot of time to do that and its so not worth it :p
  • Options
    maybe he waxes the rest?
  • Options
    I like clean shaven men!

A bit of general stubble I don't mind - but an actual beard/moustache/goatee.. :no: