Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why the hate for emos?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Infinite wrote:

Next year the movement will be the lareves, who'll be inspired by Lord Byron. They'll dress in a fruity neo-georgian manner, take lots of drugs and swan around being arrogant.

I wanna be in that movement. :grump:

I don't like emo, much like I don't care for any of the sub-cultures. It's the self-loathing 'woe is me' attitude that really gets me though. Pouting and general shite attitude aren't going to make you a popular bunch. Bad chat all round. Oh and the emo culture also makes a mockery of self-harm. There's a big dfference beteen someone who self-harms because of real issues and some pathetic attention-seeking emo cunt. I feel sorry for those with real issues who may not be receiving the support they need because of a pretentious sub-culture.

14jyb5x.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Addict wrote:
    There's a big dfference beteen someone who self-harms because of real issues and some pathetic attention-seeking emo cunt.

That pisses me off too. They're all like "OMG ,look I cut myself wtf I msut be sooo depressed."

No. If you were depressed and self harmed, you certainly wouldn't be going around shouting about it to everyone seeking attention because of it.

They're a right bunch of twats tbh.
    Infinite wrote:
    Next year the movement will be the lareves, who'll be inspired by Lord Byron. They'll dress in a fruity neo-georgian manner, take lots of drugs and swan around being arrogant.

I want this to happen. I really, really, do.
  • Options
    I don't hate emos, I laugh at them because they look ridiculous. :thumb:
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I It's the self-loathing 'woe is me' attitude that really gets me though. Oh and the emo culture also makes a mockery of self-harm. There's a big dfference beteen someone who self-harms because of real issues and some pathetic attention-seeking emo cunt. I feel sorry for those with real issues who may not be receiving the support they need because of a pretentious sub-culture.

Thats what I was trying to say in my earlier post and failing, you summed up my feelings exactley for me.