Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Why the hate for emos?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Seems like everyone, or most people everywhere seems to hate emos...

My question is why?

I don't get it, frankly they doesn't bother me at all, like any other people having a certain style or believing in whatever they want to believe...

Also my politic is to not be bothered by anyone as long as they don't annoy me...

So what's the motive for hating emos?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i can't say i've noticed any 'emo hating'. why categorise people anyway?
  • Options
    Well there has been a thread about hating emos and plenty of bad references to emo people, not all coming from here tho, but quite often in here, and there is loads around the web and I just don't get it...

Btw not categorising them, didn't even know what emo meant until lately, also some do present themselves as emo... I thik tis like people saying they are gothic and others...
  • Options
    Don't think there's any paticular valid reason really.
  • Options
    I don't hate the emos, though I do hate their tight pants. I'm out trying to eat, I don't want to see George Michael reincarnate. I lose my appitate and I get cranky when I'm hungry. And their pink shirts.

But besides that, and thats only for my own health reasons, I don't hate them because I don't care. I remember when I was wee, I thought I was right cool in my band t-shirts and spiky hair, or half pink hair and some wooden platforms, I know I was a total dork at that age so let them be one too. Don't player hate, congratulate.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Don't player hate, congratulate.

Amen, sistah! ;)

I don't think it's malicious hatred, just people poking fun because of the melodramatic tendencies of some "emo" people... and the haircuts. Good God, the haircuts! But like Manda said, we've all had pathetically embarassing teenage stages (or are pathetically embarassing teenagers) and probably didn't get half as much ribbing for it.
  • Options
    Last year it was chavs, this year it's emos. They'res always someone to take the piss out of.

I guess the main reason is the fact that the vast majority of them are middle class teenagers who think they understand pain and hardship.
  • Options
    I know some people who would probably be classified as "emo"

they are some of the nicest people i know, they dont act sad and depressed or cry into their journals, they're happy people
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Last year it was chavs, this year it's emos. They'res always someone to take the piss out of.

I guess the main reason is the fact that the vast majority of them are middle class teenagers who think they understand pain and hardship.
    i think its the same as chavs tbh, the look and attitude, though i know not all emos are 'depressed' and such, its the ones that are, that moan all the time that give them a bad name
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    i think its the same as chavs tbh, the look and attitude, though i know not all emos are 'depressed' and such, its the ones that are, that moan all the time that give them a bad name

And not all chavs are loud mothed cunts. Still gonna get a bad rep. The media has a lot to play in attitudes towards social groups.
  • Options
    they're just feared cos they wear black? its just the sterotype that people hate, like with everything.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    I hate anyone who deserves it. If you are a generic Emo who moans about being depressed all day and won't STFU... die.

If you are a stupid Chav who starts shit with everyone and goes about smashing windows and throwing bricks at peoples cars... die.

If you are, basically, a twat, I'll hate you.

But... Emo Music is nearly as bad as Chav music in my honest opinion.
  • Options
    not having a clue what an emo is ...i did a search and came up with this ...this can't be right surely?

emo4rm.jpg
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    I hate anyone who deserves it. If you are a generic Emo who moans about being depressed all day and won't STFU... die.

If you are a stupid Chav who starts shit with everyone and goes about smashing windows and throwing bricks at peoples cars... die.

If you are, basically, a twat, I'll hate you.

But... Emo Music is nearly as bad as Chav music in my honest opinion.
    :yes:
  • Options
    not having a clue what an emo is ...i did a search and came up with this ...this can't be right surely?

emo4rm.jpg

:lol:

Nope it aint that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28slang%29

125px-Emo.JPG
  • Options

emo4rm.jpg

Dude he's WELL emo.

All emo's are armed physcopaths, ya know.
  • Options
    yeah.. ive been feeling a slight hate for emos.. most people who hate emos is just for their appearence or theyre self harm, not usually both.

they appearence is because they live to believe in things they believe in, they dont give a damn what people think and i wish i had a 100% i-dont-give-a-fuck attitue, it rocks.

the self harms letting out "emotions" which isnt all bad, and not attention seeking.
  • Options
    the self harms letting out "emotions" which isnt all bad, and not attention seeking.
    self harm using a machine gun could be a bit messy.
  • Options
    Its just the usual teenage angst, No body understands me, I hate my parents, Im in love blah blah- what really gets peoples goat is that.

And their stupid hair cuts :)
  • Options
    Char_Baby wrote:
    Its just the usual teenage angst, No body understands me, I hate my parents, Im in love blah blah- what really gets peoples goat is that.

And their stupid hair cuts :)

gayemohair.jpg

emo-orly.JPG
  • Options

emo-orly.JPG

You are a legend :thumb:

ETA: what is the strange lump on that emos arm?
  • Options
    self harm using a machine gun could be a bit messy.

It's an Assault Rifle, mate.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Amen, sistah! ;)

I don't think it's malicious hatred, just people poking fun because of the melodramatic tendencies of some "emo" people... and the haircuts. Good God, the haircuts! But like Manda said, we've all had pathetically embarassing teenage stages (or are pathetically embarassing teenagers) and probably didn't get half as much ribbing for it.

Everyone has their phases of acting like a twat when their younger. What annoys me about emos is their whole "pity me I'm so depressed no-one understands" I'd put money on it some of them self-harm becasue they think it makes them look cool. No it makes you look like a twat and pisses off those of us that suffer from very real depression and have the scars to prove it. Teen angst is one thing, clinical depression and self-harming (which I've had for about the last SIX fucking years) is completely different and I do not appreciate other people thinking that they are worse off then they really are.
  • Options
    I don't and have never really genuinely hated them - it doesn't really concern me. However, I don't really categorise people like that, meaning I'm not that benevolent and free from hate. If it's an emo, I don't hate an emo - I hate that person.
  • Options
    Because they are the word some backwards.

Next year the movement will be the lareves, who'll be inspired by Lord Byron. They'll dress in a fruity neo-georgian manner, take lots of drugs and swan around being arrogant.
  • Options
    I dont know if they fit into the classification of emo but the people on myspace who take those stupid posery pictures of themselves. And what is up with the pursed lip type thing and moving it to the side expression?
  • Options
    Emo's are basically stupid attention seeking fags that deserve fucking beatings...excuse me, I'm fairly pissed still from the football...
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    And what is up with the pursed lip type thing and moving it to the side expression?

that fucking pisses me off :mad:

i refuse to communicate with anyone that pulls that gay face.
  • Options
    It's the older ones you need to worry about.

Whatever age they are, it's a phase.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote:
    I dont know if they fit into the classification of emo but the people on myspace who take those stupid posery pictures of themselves. And what is up with the pursed lip type thing and moving it to the side expression?

I'm gonna say, from my 5 second emo experience, the hair kept poking in my eyes and it itched and it really hurt. Maybe thats why they are so sad.
  • Options
    You know how really hates emos? Bob Seger. Yup.