Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Newcastle meet part deux

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ok cool beans :)
  • Options
    I can be there to meet you dahling, provided I'm not an hour and a half late. Bring your fanciest hat, dress code = lookin' good ;)

P&P is far too expensive and totally shit, I feel a refreshed authority on the matter as I was dragged in there last night by rich, tasteless folk. I'd say there's no way I'm ever going there again unless it's to use to the toilets but then I drunkenly fell down the stairs after using the toilet and almost broke my neck so yeah, I'm just never going there again full stop :p Nice story for you all!

It's gotta be The Tyne, or we could go to The Telegraph and sit upstairs in the "beer garden" if it's nice. I genuinely can't think of anywhere really nice and chilled out, that isn't encased in concrete.
  • Options
    If you aim to meet me at 10:30, by your time keeping you'll meet me at 12 :D although saying that, you were on time last time I came up.
    I'm staying at chez Kermit again, we have to collect him from work when we are on our way to find food.

I'll bring my trilby :yes:
  • Options
    Trilby sounds good, I don't believe I have seen a photo of this one... I wanted to buy a furry leprachaun hairband to wear while I was in Dublin but the utter SHAME of doing so prevented me and I walked out of the shop with a lighter, woo.

Where do you fancy eating? We have to mix it up a bit... surely not Lau's AGAIN? :p I suggest a picnic... and I'm only half-joking.

Oh, and I'm working on my punctuality... I was actually early to meet people last night. Wow.
  • Options
    Not Lau's again, no. We could buy picnic food I guess, that would be rather good.

You really should have bought the hairband :p
  • Options
    I know, gutted! I'm sure I have other "comedy" hats and hair accessories though, if I can find 'em.

I'll have a think where's nice to eat. I'd love a Curry Hell but maybe that won't go down too well... and if it's sunny I probably wouldn't fancy it.

In other news, my new bit of fluff will almost certainly be turning up at some point so you can all make harsh judgements about him and then I can smack you in the face. Eeee :hyper: :p
  • Options
    I'm not coming if you're going to smack me in the face ...
  • Options
    I'm not coming if you're going to smack me in the face ...

I thought you liked that kind of thing :naughty:
  • Options
    Not in public though :o
  • Options
    Ahh, my mistake!

If anyone wants to go for a wee boogie at the pub I mentioned... I invented a new style of switchboard-operating-cossack-dancer grooving last night that I'm just dying to show off :cool:
  • Options
    Now THAT I have to see :lol:
  • Options
    You'd love it, and have to join in of course. I'm determined it's going to be the next big dance craze - bigger than Whigfield's Saturday Night! :lol:
  • Options
    You should know that I don't dance. Not even switchboard-cossack style, although it does sound entertaining!
  • Options
    A picnic sounds good I'm quite handy at making ham and mustard sandwiches hehe.
  • Options
    the 17th?? noooooo the ONE weekend in not at home in Newcastle :banghead:
  • Options
    To be fair this date has been planned for ages, your outburst is a bit late :p
  • Options
    I think I'll wear a dress for a change hehe.
  • Options
    Nah I've decided against a dress
    Tomorrow everyone :D
  • Options
    My my, aren't you organised! My wardrobe choice will be made at 11.50 tomorrow :p

What's the plan, then? Are we saying 12? I suggest meeting in the Centurion Pub inside the station if people are going to arrive at slightly different times, so I can have a pint and not look like a sad twunt who's been stood up. The taxi drivers laugh at me, I tell you!
  • Options
    Weather: Morning it's going to be warm but raining (reason I'm not wearing a dress) and Afternoon it'll be hot and sunny :D
  • Options
    last time it was the thursday night where i broke myself

im fine today, should be cool to get there for midday

briggi should set off now, then she will make it on time, i will sleep deprive myself if i have to, if it means getting to you guys

and briggi never told me about a new bit off fluff :grump:
  • Options
    Ha ha ha. I'll be on time, that'll learn ya! And I'm pretty sure I did tell you, actually :p

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for good weather, it's a bit iffy at the moment.
  • Options
    I can't afford anywhere too expensive for food.
    ETA: I'll probably have something to eat before I meet everyone.
  • Options
    I'll be ready to leave work between 4 and 5, I don't think we should go to Lau's.

It will have to be cheap food though. Could always go to the Salsa Club or Big Mussel or somewhere.

The outburst was all the more amusing because the outburster is a n00b who can't speak:D
  • Options
    I'll be at the Central Station for midday-ish
  • Options
    1) I'll be arriving at about midday, and will stand like a loser at the pasty stand or something until someone finds me. Sorry briggi, but there is no way I'd be able to find a pub!

2) Jeans and tshirt will be my choice of clothing (this is being debated why?)

3) I am credit less, if anyone needs to find me you will need to ring :D

4) Cheap food for me also, but agreed, not Lau's again.
  • Options
    I'll be off to Primark as soon as i get off the bus and knowing Primark I'll be queued up for a while so I might be a bit late.
  • Options
    I'll bring a book and wait for you in Burger King :lol:
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Mine and KHSS's minimeet was cool today.

Shame I can't come tommorow ;<
  • Options
    I got up at 7am today for this meet, this is the earliest I've woken up since being at home at Easter! Things I do eh :p