Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Brighton meet

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok... Who wants to come? Any suggestions of places? Ideally that aren't strict on being over 18... cos I'll still be 17 :( Ta.

People up for it:
Jake0
Freeallangels
Char-Babe
Gavman
Spartaalbion
The Pendari Champion

Possibly-
your-babe

Comments

• Options
    well we dont have to go to a bar / pub whatever, theres plenty of things to do in brighton

i'm in for definate
  • Options
    Sounds good to me :)

Will edit my first post for people that are coming... so far, me and you!
  • Options
    Yes Yes put me down. I will heartliy come to any brighton meet and get plastered!
  • Options
    Yes Yes put me down. I will heartliy come to any brighton meet and get plastered!
    Sounds good to me!!! Any months/days especially good for anyone?
  • Options
    Weekends are better as I work 9-6 Mon-Fri but I can scive a day of if it suits everyone better. Sometime Late July/early August?
  • Options
    Ohh.... maybe i should've said that weekends are pretty much out for me, as I work for most of it :( sorry :(
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Ohh.... maybe i should've said that weekends are pretty much out for me, as I work for most of it :( sorry :(

get a day off, im sure you deserve it
  • Options
    get a day off, im sure you deserve it
    i'm thinking that i may leave it tbh. as it is i'm going to have to lie to the boyf where i'm going.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    i'm thinking that i may leave it tbh. as it is i'm going to have to lie to the boyf where i'm going.

why lie? your just meeting a few friends. he shouldnt care. its not like your running off to get married to one of the guys. its just a bit of fun and to have a few drinks.
  • Options
    why lie? your just meeting a few friends. he shouldnt care. its not like your running off to get married to one of the guys. its just a bit of fun and to have a few drinks.
    yes, but, due to problems i've had, i've never told him bout this website- and i can't, so would be lying.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    yes, but, due to problems i've had, i've never told him bout this website- and i can't, so would be lying.

suppose so...know what you mean
  • Options
    Yeah I dont see why not as long as its a weekend.
  • Options
    :chin:
  • Options
    would be rude not too seeing as I was the person who suggested it, ideas on venues? etc etc.
  • Options
    depends when it would be, but if i'm not working i'd be up for it
  • Options
    would be rude not too seeing as I was the person who suggested it, ideas on venues? etc etc.

Depend if we want a pub one I can ask around at work and see who has a lax policy on under-18's (seeing as I dont really go out drinking in brighton any more). If we meet in the day-time maybe one of the big corporate ones on west steet?
  • Options
    Depend if we want a pub one I can ask around at work and see who has a lax policy on under-18's (seeing as I dont really go out drinking in brighton any more). If we meet in the day-time maybe one of the big corporate ones on west steet?

my guess would be on walkabouts not sure how they are on under 18's if not yates would probably be the best bet, after that the pav tav aint bad and is cheap. Theres loads of options really.
  • Options
    I forgot about the Pav tav, their crap at ID'ing under-18's. And its great pub and fairly easy to find from the station.
  • Options
    Ohhh... Where's the Pav tav? Just wondering, as am going into Brighton soon :) Thankyou.
  • Options
    I'm about 70% sure that I'd come along.
    I haven't drunk in almost a year, so I'll probably get legless after a pint, but I suppose thats ok.
  • Options
    Pav Tav is right at the bottom of north street, practcally on the steine. Its just down from Laura Ashleys/ the big taxi rank round the back of what used to be hanningtons. Its really really good. You have to get past the bouncers on the door though.

ETA: How about a friday rather then a sat/sun if its going to be difficult for people?
  • Options
    Pav Tav is right at the bottom of north street, practcally on the steine. Its just down from Laura Ashleys/ the big taxi rank round the back of what used to be hanningtons. Its really really good. You have to get past the bouncers on the door though.

ETA: How about a friday rather then a sat/sun if its going to be difficult for people?
    Most people work Fridays.

however if we make it the week of the August bank holiday? Week starting 28th August?
  • Options
    well if a date is set then i can make sure I get it off work and then I can def come

as for people mentioning the pav tav, woo i love it there although might be cause the spirits and cocktails are nice and reasonably priced (mind I havnt been down there for ageess!)
  • Options
    you made this thread and now want to forget about it because of you boyfriend. You must feel really insecure

:confused:
  • Options
    you made this thread and now want to forget about it because of you boyfriend. You must feel really insecure
    How am I insecure?

If I went I would be lying to my boyfriend bout where I'm going- who I'm meeting etc, and I wouldn't be able to do that to him.
  • Options
    Ok everyone how about Thursday 31st August/Friday 1st/Saturday 2nd September?

*Takes Over*
  • Options
    Saturday 2nd Sept is best for me. My thesis is due on the 1st of Sept, so it would be a nice way to end things.
  • Options
    I'll just need to book it off but I would be up for it for sure. could be a giggle, how about going for a meal or something to donnatellos cheap and cheerful?
  • Options
    donnatellos in the lanes right?
  • Options
    donnatellos in the lanes right?

Yes in the lanes, near the town hall. The weekend is good for me, I can swap shifts/working days etc, so the actual day itself isnt that important to me.