Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whats your 'look' for the summer?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't really have a summer look to be honest.

I don't like wearing open top shoes as I hate my feet so don't wear flip flops or anything. I'm buying lots of dolly shoes at the minute though (I call them dolly shoes :lol: Not quite sure what they are called).

I love to wear knee length skirts in the summer, lots of ones similar to the one that KHSS posted which I think is lovely by the way :)

I love wearing thick strappy tops and I occasionally wear a demin skirt. I also like wearing 3/4 length jeans.
  • Options
    Cropped Trousers, Denim Skirts/Shorts, Lots of Shorts and Vest Tops (I like the stripey ones)
  • Options
    I've bought a lot of white this summer, which I guess can be very impractical. But I bought a lush white cropped jacket from Bay, and some cute white city shorts from MK. Not to be worn at the same time of course, incase I blind someone.

I've thoroughly invested in the nautical look, 'cos you don't have to make too much of an effort to look cute.

Also bought a silver long silk skirt the other day for £4, which looks blingn. I'll be mostly in espadrilles or pumps, looking as coordinated as I possibly can.
  • Options
    Skirts/jeans with vests, strap tops, boob tube type things, with sandals.
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Buy them for me manda!

I'll wear them in bed! ;)

Oh with a thought like that... *gets out credit card* :flirt:
  • Options
    amy06 wrote:
    Anyone working the whole bold print/retro stylee dress?

yeah i luff them - bought one yesterday......however i didnt wear it today because i need some "suitable underwear" lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else like them.......the big patterns, just above knee, t-shirt material style dresses
  • Options
    jenni30 wrote:
    yeah i luff them - bought one yesterday......however i didnt wear it today because i need some "suitable underwear" lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyone else like them.......the big patterns, just above knee, t-shirt material style dresses
    I love them but I cant seem to find one to fit me properly. Its sooo annoying! Where did you get yours from?
  • Options
    Usually cut offs [of varying lengths] and a t-shirt or one of my many summer dresses, with flip flops or birkenstocks... or even my jelly shoes depending on where I'm going!!

Have made myself a new summer dress for this year and it had it's first outing this weekend. It is the business :heart:
  • Options
    MK one lol. There are loads with those "chinese" looking necks i dont know what theyre called. they had loads in MK one but i think theyre everywhere. Mine is very low cut though.
  • Options
    im generally just planning on wearing normal jeans, with very floaty t-shirts/vest tops. i dont really like my legs, so tend to hide them but show a bit of flesh on top (although not TOO much flesh!)

although, i did go out and buy a nice knee length skirt the other day that ill probably wear quite a bit. knee length is as high as ill go when it comes to skirts!!

shoe wise, ill be wearing a lot of wedges, nice clean white pumps and possibly flip-flops if i can find a nice pair :)
  • Options
    I don't have a 'look', i just wear stuff that i like. depends on my mood really.
  • Options
    I rolled up my jeans to about half way down my calves, cause I had to wear wellies with them at the weekend, and then I tried it with my new trainers and it looked quite cool, so that is going to be my summer look. Complete with vest tops. Or my longish floaty white skirt, black vest top, possibly a white shirt over the top if I'm feeling sensible, my trilby, and my new dolly shoes, which looked SHIT HOT the other day, if I do say so myself.
  • Options
    Someone show me dolly shoes. :(
  • Options
    Same as my winter 'look' but with less layers.
  • Options
    Baggy jeans, sandals, tshirts, retro looking vest tops, converses, ballet pump things (with a BOW) and interesting looking jewellary
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    Someone show me dolly shoes. :(
    Dolly shoes:
  • Options
    White linen trousers with a bold plain colour (red/blue/green/peachy orange) with white flipflops, or jeans and pretty top with other flipflops, plus sunglasses which aren't the oversized ones as they look ridiculous on me.
    ETA: Forgot mini-skirts obv, when it's hot and there's no chance of rain. With the on and off weather, it changes in an instant - had humid and oppressively hot one minute then wind and hailstones the next on Mon!
  • Options
    my summer look goes something like this:

puss oozing from hayfever / conjunctivitus eyes,

red eye,

blocked nose, running.

puffy eyes,

american voice (cuz my nose is blocked)

and the sweet aroma of marijuana hanging in the air.

fashion? pah!
  • Options
    ahahahaha you sound hot
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    and the sweet aroma of marijuana hanging in the air.

Share the wealth! Pass it rouuundd...

Erm, my look is: Jeans. Trainers. T Shirt. LEather jacket if it ain't too hot.

Oh, wait. Thats the same look I have all year round. Fuck.
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Dolly shoes:

Ohh yeah. Thought it was them, but figured I'd check. They're well cute, I keep meaning to get some but they never seem to look right on my feet. :(
  • Options
    Jeans, jeans turned into shorts, tshirts, skirts with footless tights, Vans, Converse, flip flops, wee ballet pumps. Anal beads, big sunglasses and blonde wavy hair. :)
  • Options
    Anal beads?

Sorry, what....? :eek2: :lol:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Anal beads?

Sorry, what....? :eek2: :lol:

Haha, big chunky beads! :p
  • Options
    I normally wear linen trousers, skirts, jeans, 3/4 length sleeve tops of varied styles, converse, flip flops (I live in them in summer), birkenstocks, kaftans (on holiday)
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Jeans, jeans turned into shorts, tshirts, skirts with footless tights, Vans, Converse, flip flops, wee ballet pumps. Anal beads, big sunglasses and blonde wavy hair. :)

:lol: love it when you cal them anal beads

so true though.
  • Options
    I'm not cool enough to have a 'look' just for summer. I'll be wearing what I always do, just in brighter colours, and less layers.
  • Options
    1983 wrote:
    Haha, big chunky beads! :p

yes, 1983 has other uses for her beads. :yes:
  • Options
    yes, 1983 has other uses for her beads. :yes:

Oi! :razz:
  • Options
    My Mooch jeans still, cropped jeans, cropped trousers, vests, t-shirts, trainers, sandals, flip flops, pumps, knee length shorts.