Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

whos pissed off with the world cup already?

2»

Comments

• Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Aye! I'm lovin' it!

Still another 30 odd days to go :D
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm loving it to be honest. I'm not really into football but have been watching the world cup games. The atmosphere in Preston this afternoon was great. Everyone was so happy. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    I enjoy it, and I like alll the flags actually. It's only once every 4 years our country is actually fully partriotic like this.

I'm a proud flag flyer (out of my window) and there's a little aerial ball thing on a spring in my car (if I put it on my aerial I gurantee it'll be nicked by the idiots across the road)
  • Options
    Yesterday I spent the whole day outside along with the sofa, chairs, the TV and my mates. Drinking, watching football, smoking j's and a BBQ to boot. What else for but the World Cup!

The best way i could describe the World Cup to my g/f is for every birth, marriage, death, affair and so on, in every TV soap going to happen over four weeks every four years!

To me, its that exciting! :D
  • Options
    Bah, what a disappointment. It was a tie, 0-0, between Sweden and Paraguay. You should've seen the headlines this morning.
  • Options
    quarfly wrote:
    Bah, what a disappointment. It was a tie, 0-0, between Sweden and Paraguay. You should've seen the headlines this morning.

Sweden and Paraguay :confused:
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    Sweden and Paraguay :confused:

That's what I thought.... didn't WE play Paraguay?
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    That's what I thought.... didn't WE play Paraguay?

Yes we did.
  • Options
    I knew I didn't read the TV wrong. Hmm. Never mind :)
  • Options
    Wops! *Trinidad and Tobago.

hehe.
  • Options
    I love the world cup. It's the greatest sporting competition in existence. It's got that extra magic that other competitions don't have.

I'm going to the US at the end of this month and I better be able to watch the final stages there or I'll not be happy.

Stupid americans with silly sports that noone else (bar maybe 2 countries) plays. :grump:
  • Options
    What's wrong with you people! The world cup is wicked, I'm wearing my shirt with pride :D

Come on Englanddddd :hyper:
  • Options
    I'm not into football at all, really. I like to know if England won or not but that's about it.

It makes me laugh. All we're getting played at work is Carnival De Paris and Three Lions, and all day yesterday there were random announcements over the tannoy of 'Come on England! Why not support our boys by visiting our wines and spirits department...' (yeah, cos that'll help...)

They also announced when 'we' scored (I swear I heard some customers applaud) and the final score when the match finished. And the bosses have dipped into the social fund to buy a flatscreen widescreen plasma supersonic mesmorising TV (or something like that..) so anyone who's stuck at work when the England matches are on can clock off and watch them upstairs in the training room.

Bit excessive I feel, but there's no harm in it. It does my head in when I go to watch telly and there's nowt but sport on, but that's just what tends to happen over summer. It's not so hard to turn it off and listen to music instead. Or y'know, go out..
  • Options
    oops ... :(
  • Options
    Lil Laura wrote:
    I'm not into football at all, really. I like to know if England won or not but that's about it.

It makes me laugh. All we're getting played at work is Carnival De Paris and Three Lions, and all day yesterday there were random announcements over the tannoy of 'Come on England! Why not support our boys by visiting our wines and spirits department...' (yeah, cos that'll help...)

They also announced when 'we' scored (I swear I heard some customers applaud) and the final score when the match finished. And the bosses have dipped into the social fund to buy a flatscreen widescreen plasma supersonic mesmorising TV (or something like that..) so anyone who's stuck at work when the England matches are on can clock off and watch them upstairs in the training room.

Bit excessive I feel, but there's no harm in it. It does my head in when I go to watch telly and there's nowt but sport on, but that's just what tends to happen over summer. It's not so hard to turn it off and listen to music instead. Or y'know, go out..

that sounds awesome. i had to sneakily listen to five live on my mobile.
  • Options
    Oh I like the World Cup... it would be more exciting if my country were in it though, but still, I like the atmosphere that it generates, and its a (mostly) harmless way of countries interacting with each other, which is good for a change :)
  • Options
    People who wear their nations top or fly their flag are racist twats. Cunts can you not respect other people's feelings!