Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Whats your 'look' for the summer?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is everyones favourite 'look' this summer? I'm having trouble finding styles I like, that look good on me. Anyone else having similar problems?

Comments

• Options
    Yes, because everything in the stores is ugly. I still have unused gift cards from christmas because I can't find one single thing to buy. Wife beaters with glitter. How how sexy. :\ And 80's :yuck:

But my look is the same as it is every year. Jeans, top, usually polo or some type of fitted tshirt, leather jacket and my roos.
  • Options
    every summer i go for the caked in sublock look.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree there doesnt seem to be anything much that takes my fancy in the shops at the moment. Iv seen lots of girls wearing the knee length shorts but whenever I'v tried them I remind myself of a little boy for some reason so I just stick to good old boardies.
  • Options
    for me its nothing but cotton, and consists of combat style shorts, knee legnth skirts, or cropped trousers, teamed up with simple vest tops.

with my usual trainers

It may be boring, but its good for keeping cool, and very comfy :yes: plus im a scruff at heart so dont even care
  • Options
    I'm a bit addicted to my flip flops now I have dragged them out of the cupboard.

And my denim shorts, which were knackewred Mooch jeans but I cleverly hacked off the bottoms and made them into funky turn up shorts. OH YES. and some form of long length sleeveless top, and beads and my bug-eye sunglasses. :D
  • Options
    As soon as the suns out flip flops are all I wear, even for a night out if I can get away with it.
  • Options
    my summer look is just shorts or skirts with a vest and my DM sandals.
  • Options
    Dumb question alert

Whats a vest?

I search and get this. Granted I'm sure you'd look fine as hell, I just couldn't imagine it to be all that cooling, looks a bit thick for the summertime.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Dumb question alert

Whats a vest?
    its what police with blocked noses put you under if you do something wrong :lol:

This summer i will be mostly wearing clothes.

think i might rock the tanned pretty boy look :p
  • Options
    vests

this is a vest, myname
  • Options
    Anyone working the whole bold print/retro stylee dress?
  • Options
    mine are just usually plain black and strappy rather than the wifebeater ones
    http://www.peopletree.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=461_462_463_532&products_id=939990
  • Options
    mine are just usually plain black and strappy rather than the wifebeater ones
    http://www.peopletree.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=461_462_463_532&products_id=939990

Oh good, those are cute, much better than the wifebeaters!!
  • Options
    ooooh i like this one
    http://www.fatface.com/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-productgrid&bsref=fatface&step=shopcartmulti&invt=12473&ordercol=alphanu&layout=productdetail

although im not spending £22 on one top, when my normal little vest tops cost £4 each from new look, and they are fine and dandy and i still look shit hot, as im sure you can all imagine.
  • Options
    At the moment I'm wearing this skirt, with this top and I've got it in green as well. Apart from that I'm just wearing jeans and t shirt as normal, and my Fat Face crops, that are khaki but the print is flowers. Also board shorts if it's really hot. All this with flip flops, trainers or bare feet.
  • Options
    ooooh i like this one
    http://www.fatface.com/bin/venda?ex=co_wizr-productgrid&bsref=fatface&step=shopcartmulti&invt=12473&ordercol=alphanu&layout=productdetail

although im not spending £22 on one top, when my normal little vest tops cost £4 each from new look, and they are fine and dandy and i still look shit hot, as im sure you can all imagine.

i saw that and too want it!!
  • Options
    jeans, chunky strapped vests, t-shirts, sunnies and flip flops.

plus a cardy, hoody or shrug on hand at all times cause i can get cold in the most ridiculously warm of weather.
  • Options
    Wide bottomed pale jeans (usually wear dark boot cuts in winter), white linen trousers, vests, demin shorts, flip flops or white pumps (only just got them - normally live in heels so the novelty of flats hasn't quite worn off yet!)

No makeup or jewellery - don't want any thing to get in the way of my tan. Oh and SPF15 at all times! No bright red sunburn for me this year :yes:
  • Options
    Do I need a 'look'?
  • Options
    Yes you do. Or bugger off back to P&D...
  • Options
    I'll take the latter option thanks.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Haha.

Its OK Kentish, we can go shopping later if you like, pick you out some nice skirts :p
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Haha.

Its OK Kentish, we can go shopping later if you like, pick you out some nice skirts :p
    Is that this season's look in West Yorkshire?
  • Options
    Kentish wrote:
    Is that this season's look in West Yorkshire?
    I think Sahri's and headscarfs are in judging by what I've seen recently.

(No religious offence intended!)
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    I think Sahri's and headscarfs are in judging by what I've seen recently.

(No religious offence intended!)

I think you would look absoutly sexy with these :p
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    :yuck:
  • Options
    I don't really have a summer look, its very similar to my winter look just minus tights. Skirts (denim, cord, thin and floaty, poofy/layered and floaty) or my cord shorts, t-shirts or vests and flip flops (now I've bought some) or flat pumps. Thats for when I'm not at work and having to wear my sexy polo shirts, or when I start in the office in July, when I'll have to look officey.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Buy them for me manda!

I'll wear them in bed! ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Buy them for me manda!

I'll wear them in bed! ;)
    dont be silly, come on, HOW many pairs have you already got like that which still have some wear left in them?
    so wasteful!
  • Options
    dont be silly, come on, HOW many pairs have you already got like that which still have some wear left in them?
    so wasteful!

Not many!

I have a lovely pair like this, they were bastards to find in size 13. And I had to pluck the hair off my feet so I could wear them. Terrible!

red-stiletto.jpg