Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Trainers

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone know what type of trainers are so called 'in' at the moment? I was thinking about a pair of Lacoste Velcro Strappy Thingy Ones but don't want to get them if they're going out of fashion next week! Pictures welcome!!

Comments

• Options
    I think my grandma has a pair like that. With her arthritis its hard to have tie shoes. No, hers are in cream because all white shoes are butt ass ugly, unless your a ghetto gangsta rapper or something... with arthritis
  • Options
    K Swiss
  • Options
    Haha! I have a pair of trainers in that kinda style but they're Dunlop Green Flash ones. I like them, I think they're cool!
  • Options
    green flash, so uncool they're cool. I have a pair of powder blue lace ups, I loved 'em til they knackered. Will probably get another pair the same when I get around to shopping.
  • Options
    Dunno what's in at the moment but I hate those sort of shoes.

These are more my type
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I think my grandma has a pair like that. With her arthritis its hard to have tie shoes. No, hers are in cream because all white shoes are butt ass ugly, unless your a ghetto gangsta rapper or something... with arthritis
    :lol: i just spat my beer at the screen.

It depends what you want really, anything that is really fashionable will change quickly.

im no help tho as current fashion isnt really my strong point
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    These are more my type
    They're so 1992. :p

I've got some K-Swiss similar to those Lacoste ones. They're really comfy, and you don't have to bother with the laces. Plus I don't tend to get rejected from 'no trainers' night clubs in them. They should be 'in' for at least the rest of the year, but why do you care? If you like them, buy them.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I've got some K-Swiss similar to those Lacoste ones.

So have have I. Good gear.

Don't listen to the yank, nothing wrong with white trainers.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    So have have I. Good gear.

Don't listen to the yank, nothing wrong with white trainers.

I was thinking that, white trainers are about the only ones i actually wear.

niteryder - as others have said, if you like the trainers just get them. Wouldn't worry about what trends are in, they change all the time. At the end of the day they're going on your feet so if they suit you, get them.
  • Options
    niteryder wrote:
    Does anyone know what type of trainers are so called 'in' at the moment? I was thinking about a pair of Lacoste Velcro Strappy Thingy Ones but don't want to get them if they're going out of fashion next week! Pictures welcome!!

yeh, i like them. Ive got them in black, there not as nice but i can get away with wearing them to work.

Im in need of new trainers, ive got k-swiss but they have began to smell as ive been playing sport in them. Will proberly buy just a simple pair of Nikes

http://img.shopping.com/images1/di/6e/6b/64/63/45/45773938792d72584b486f4c59536b6c67-100x100.jpg
  • Options
    J wrote:
    Yay me!

Green%20Flash.jpg

I have Dunlop trainers (my boyfriend, who is a slave to the trainer fashion gods, bought me them). I have no idea what they are though. I'd say they're like those but navy in place of the green. Probably wrong though, they're probably completely different
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    yeh, i like them. Ive got them in black, there not as nice but i can get away with wearing them to work.

Im in need of new trainers, ive got k-swiss but they have began to smell as ive been playing sport in them. Will proberly buy just a simple pair of Nikes

http://img.shopping.com/images1/di/6e/6b/64/63/45/45773938792d72584b486f4c59536b6c67-100x100.jpg

Oh those are fun. THough I don't think they'd look good on a man, very of girly... though maybe they'd go with the pink shirts.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    Oh those are fun. THough I don't think they'd look good on a man, very of girly... though maybe they'd go with the pink shirts.

you wouldnt say they look very girly if you tried on a pair of size 10s!
  • Options
    olaola wrote:
    you wouldnt say they look very girly if you tried on a pair of size 10s!

Considering my feet are only half a size smaller... yes, I still would ;)

Edit: NVM, I assume you have different shoe sizings. Cuz 10 isn't big at all. 17 now... Though size really doesn't effect the looks of things.
  • Options
    I like the K Swiss ones but my favourites are the Adidas Stan Smith's either the lace up ones or the velcro ones especially where the velcro bits are coloured rather than white.
  • Options
  • Options
    I've got these
    love them to bits!
    Hope the attachment works! Also got a pair of the goodyear ones too
  • Options
    BABYCHAM SHOES!

They are the actual sex of comfy foot wear. And they're so cute!

Of course, they ain't so good if you're a guy.
  • Options
    Wisecrack wrote:
    I've got these
    love them to bits!
    Hope the attachment works! Also got a pair of the goodyear ones too

Oh those are the best. I"ve been wearing them for a good 3-4 years. My current color is pink/purple thats shiny and changes depending on what angle you look at it!
  • Options
    I discovered Babyshams yesterday online- look good.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I bought some Reebok Classics the other day with the promise that I get my money back if England win the World Cup.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    stan smiths are my favs at the moment as well, either those or the adicolor ones :D.
    I wouldnt bother with those lacoste ones you've shown though, ive got a similar pair but hardly ever wear them because they are so uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Skive wrote:
    I bought some Reebok Classics the other day with the promise that I get my money back if England win the World Cup.
    Sure-fire winner for the sports shops, that one. They're doing it with England shirts here. Nice to see you supporting France loud and proud, by the way.
  • Options
    They're doing it with England shirts here.
    Same here.
  • Options
    i like the goodyear ones.

i bought these the other week, i like them-theyre different.

missy_rhythm_lo_chk_gala_9.jpg
  • Options
    As people have already said, why would you give a shit if theyre in fashion or not?

Fashion is for losers, if you like something, wear it. That''s way cooler than wearing what everyone else is. And I like velcro. I think the trainers you siad you liked were velcro. But im drunk so im not sure.
  • Options
    Nowt wrong with asking about current fashion on a style forum though. Thing about fashion is, we don't all have a set style- even those of us who do sometimes like to drift with the trend. Fashion saves you from the 'point and laugh' effect that non-followers learn to manipulate/ignore/out-style. When you just wanna blend with the crowd, high street fashion saves you and it's just plain easy. Not that there's ever any excuse for bullying, but did you never look at a victim being bullied and think- ga, if only you didn't make yourself stand out you'd be so much less of a target? Ok, that attitude's a peer pressure defeatest one but hey, some of us got more important battles to fight, more personally relevant ways to be individual than the trainers on our feet... Look at einstein- def didn't define himself by clothes (wore the same ones/style everyday) and there's no doubt he was an individual.

Not that I can talk. I did once have a great trainer collection- about 26 wearables at it's height...
  • Options
    Well i just bought a new pair of running trainers but looking at my everyday trainers they're looking quite ditched. I have several different pairs of trainers on my wish list, but they're all really expensive :( e.g. pair of the K-swiss TT's, or the adidas superstar ones. I've got a pair of the puma sprints at the mo but they've turned out to be quite uncomfortable when worn for longer periods of time.
  • Options
    On a related note, how cool are these Adidas trainers?

adicolor_y4_8.jpg