Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New shoes - oh so painful

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have some georgeous new shoes from top shop, there canvas low cut, flat pumps with the plastic bit that goes over the toes and a velcro strap just behind the plastic bit that serves no real purpose.
They were really comfy when i tried them on in the shop but they are the most painful things i have ever had the missfortune to put my feet into. I walked for about 10 min yesterday and then had to stop to put plasters on my heels, each toe and the top of my foot. I cant sell them on ebay or anything as the inside is now full of blood stains.

so anyway any tips on how to stop them hurting? They are the right size so its not like they need stretching or anything. I want to wear them because i think there georgeous.

eta* im awful at describing things and i couldnt find the shoes on the website but there this kind of style but instead of the ribbon they have a strap.

shoe4or.png

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaded Posts: 2,682 Boards Guru
    Boots have got some stuff here , the gorgeous feet gel plasters (top one) comes recommended, although I haven't tried them myself...
  • Options
    Cheers :D, 3 for 2 barginous
  • Options
    whack on some really thick socks, or loads of pairs of thin ones, and walk around in them for a few days
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Blah wrote:
    whack on some really thick socks, or loads of pairs of thin ones, and walk around in them for a few days
    :yes: its the way forward, walk around the house every night for about a week in them, and they will mould to your foot shape.
  • Options
    Cheers :D. thats dead obvious, why didnt i think of that? *feels stupid*
  • Options
    are you wearing them in bare feet?
  • Options
    i bought similar ones from topshop, silver sparkly ones and i can't wear them cos they hurt so much and i can't take them back cos they were worn outside for a little bit and are dirty

i buy most of my shoes from primark cos if they start hurting you've only lost £6 :thumb:
  • Options
    are you wearing them in bare feet?
    yeh
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

:yes: Since they're not leather, just canvas right? (sorry if I'm wrong) you could throw them in the wash on delicate then tumble dry too.
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    yeh

what do you wear them with? i.e. trousers/skirt? you could try those granny knee-high tights?
  • Options
    I cant wear those sort of ballet style pumps. Even in the right size they rub and fall on and off my feet. Its because ive got a high instep i think.
    Its a pain in the arse cos theyre quite pretty.
  • Options
    trousers, i dont do skirts.

do you mean like pop socks?
  • Options
    kangoo wrote:
    i bought similar ones from topshop, silver sparkly ones and i can't wear them cos they hurt so much and i can't take them back cos they were worn outside for a little bit and are dirty

I would still take them back if it were me. Regardless of whether they can sell them on again, they have to sell products that are fit for purpose. So, if fashion shoes can't be worn for a four hur stretch due to an inherant design fault- like they are hard inside or something, they are not fit to be sold as shoes...
  • Options
    they can't be as bad as pointe shoes :p

wear some blister plasters where they rub, they're better than normal cause they have more padding and stick better
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    I would still take them back if it were me. Regardless of whether they can sell them on again, they have to sell products that are fit for purpose. So, if fashion shoes can't be worn for a four hur stretch due to an inherant design fault- like they are hard inside or something, they are not fit to be sold as shoes...
    yeah tbh.
    I had a p;air of shoes for nearly 3 months once and i could barely wear them as there was a bump in the leather at the top. I took them back and the shop assistant was like "weve all got a pair of shoes we cant wear y`know" and I said, " well thats ok if youve got 10 pairs, but i havent, and I expected more from your products." eventually the manager came down and refunded me.

Quite right too. Shoes are expensive.
    Mind you, this was clarks. I would think topshop would be ok for returns too though since theyre a big chain.
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    they can't be as bad as pointe shoes :p

aye, but you tend not to wear pointe shoes round town. unless you're a bit of a weirdo.

i've heard lots of people say the same about the topshop pumps, and i agree with katralla. a product should be fit for the purpose it serves, and your shoes are supposed to protect your feet from injury, not create it.

topshop are a huge company and i would be surprised if they didn't make some gesture of goodwill, even if it's not a total refund.
  • Options
    Do you have this there? Or something similar maybe? Those are real good, imo, they don't come off easily, even with wearing socks and things rubbing against it all day. Thousand times better than a bandaid.
  • Options
    melanie wrote:
    trousers, i dont do skirts.

do you mean like pop socks?

yeh that's them. my mum calls them granny tights.

you can get ankle ones too which might be better for the summer.
  • Options
    I bought new shoes today from Dorothy Perkins, and cause they're like ballerina pump things, I was expecting them to rub LOADS, but they're GREAT.

Moral of the story: go to Dotty P's next time :p.
  • Options
    i have a real comfy pair of er..are they called pumps? i got them 2 years ago now from topshop, they were £7 in the sale. i've yet to find another pair in topshop that fit as i seem to be a 5 1/2 in there and most of them hurt even walking around the shop! i also have a really pretty pair of shoes made by rocket dog. i can get away with going bare foot in these too. :D
  • Options
    rocket dog.
    Greatest. Shoes. Ever.

My prom shoes were Rocket Dog. I had them for two years, and they've only just become so broken I had to throw them away (the insoles fell out). They were SO comfy and I loved them <3.
  • Options
    i've got these rocket dogs, and although they are v. comfy generally, their stupid narrow fit doesn't really agree with my wide bastard feet, and my little toes object a bit when i wear them. i manage to squeeze them in though :(

1308544670m3_exlg.jpg
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    i've got these rocket dogs, and although they are v. comfy generally, their stupid narrow fit doesn't really agree with my wide bastard feet, and my little toes object a bit when i wear them. i manage to squeeze them in though :(

1308544670m3_exlg.jpg
    My sister has those very shoes ;o.

I want these ones, but they don't have my size in stock:

1308617070m3_exlg.jpg
  • Options
    Franki wrote:
    Greatest. Shoes. Ever.

My prom shoes were Rocket Dog. I had them for two years, and they've only just become so broken I had to throw them away (the insoles fell out). They were SO comfy and I loved them <3.
    Theres a shop in town that would have repaired them for you for about £7.
  • Options
    Theres a shop in town that would have repaired them for you for about £7.
    Yeh, and I would have got them fixed were they not pretty much in tatters anyway. Half the beads had fallen off and they stank LOTS cause they were all fabric except the soles. They were also very-rained-on suede.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:

1308544670m3_exlg.jpg

:eek: :heart: i LOVE those!!

i must go on a search for some, look perfect for summery shoes too
  • Options
    these are my rocket dogs. :D
    eta: on the second pic they look a bit glittery but they're not and i've got weird marks on my leg 'cause of how i'd been sat!
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    :eek: :heart: i LOVE those!!

i must go on a search for some, look perfect for summery shoes too

i bought my rocket dogs from faith. :yes:
  • Options
    thats an extremely large close up lucifer, i can nearly see every skin cell!
  • Options
    these are my rocket dogs. :D
    eta: on the second pic they look a bit glittery but they're not and i've got weird marks on my leg 'cause of how i'd been sat!
    Theyre really pretty.