Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ever Notice?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever notice that in the Introduction Board the people who come on and say "Hi my name is such and such I'm from bla bla bla, I love this site and hope to post more here in the future" and they never make more than 1 post nevermind 10. Why is this I wonder! :chin:

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, why do they take the trouble of registering, making an introduction post and then never posting again?
  • Options
    maybe they are busy....
    or do things otehr than the net??
  • Options
    I was one of those...till i came back, and left again, and came back, and left again, and came back, and now i'm here ;)
  • Options
    I was one of those...till i came back, and left again, and came back, and left again, and came back, and now i'm here ;)
    Glad to have a consistent poster on the boards! :thumb:
  • Options
    I know one of them; I'll ask him and get back to you.
  • Options
    Maybe they have a look around and then decide that they're not nearly cool enough to continue posting on here.
  • Options
    Or there just someone who wants to post a problem they have ... normally some big issue about whether there cock is big enough or whether they should try anal sex ...
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Or there just someone who wants to post a problem they have ... normally some big issue about whether there cock is big enough or whether they should try anal sex ...
    :lol:
  • Options
    I used to be one, still kinda am, i just feel i don't really have anything worth saying or of an interest to anyone, well not often anyway.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    J wrote:
    It's the internet body snatchers. once they've signed up an elite team of operatives arrives at thier house kidnaps them and forces them to live a life wired up to a huge neural computer mainframe in that "secret" mountain place in America. Yes. That's it I tell you.
    You been on the crack again J? :p
  • Options
    they proberly forget they ever signed up
  • Options
    Then you get the people like me who have been members for years, have a flurry of activity for a wee while, and then disappear for months at a time...
  • Options
    Probably all Americans who sign up and say hi, then notice a bunch of intimidating British eyes staring back at them. :nervous:
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    It's one person, but long ago in a secret Soviet lab an experiement was tried, replacing a human brain with that of a goldfish. After 46 failed attempts it suceeded.

After the collapse of the USSR, the lab was abbandonned, but the test subject remained. He was intrigued by a computer he found, and the internet. But being in possesion of a goldfish brain, and never completing his training due to the collapse, he is quite unconditioned to human existence. He retains in one half of his brain, his human skills - typing, computer use, walknig, eating, breathing, etc. But due to his short goldfish memory, he forgets he ever registered here, and keeps making new accounts thinking he has no others. By the time he has registered and posted, then gone and done something else, he has forgotten, so registers again.

Long Live Test Subject #47! He lives alone in this abbandonned lab, and will probably die alone there and be discovered many years in the future... few know of him... may his legacy live on. And may those who discover him, remember him as the pinnacle of Human Science.
  • Options
    Teh_Gerbil wrote:
    It's one person, but long ago in a secret Soviet lab an experiement was tried, replacing a human brain with that of a goldfish. After 46 failed attempts it suceeded.

After the collapse of the USSR, the lab was abbandonned, but the test subject remained. He was intrigued by a computer he found, and the internet. But being in possesion of a goldfish brain, and never completing his training due to the collapse, he is quite unconditioned to human existence. He retains in one half of his brain, his human skills - typing, computer use, walknig, eating, breathing, etc. But due to his short goldfish memory, he forgets he ever registered here, and keeps making new accounts thinking he has no others. By the time he has registered and posted, then gone and done something else, he has forgotten, so registers again.

Long Live Test Subject #47! He lvie alone in this abbandonned lab, and will probably die alone there and be discovered many years in the future... few know of him... may his legacy live on. And may those who discover him, remember him as the pinnacle of Human Science.

Gerbil.... put the crack pipe down and step away... slowly!! :p
  • Options
    Maybe they post their hellos then see the dozen identical

:wave: Welcome

posts, then get scared or bored, then leave.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    JamesZero wrote:
    Gerbil.... put the crack pipe down and step away... slowly!! :p

No, really. I know this... I've seen the documents! I plan to visit the poor chap, the lab... it's in the Northern wasts of Siberia, quite well hidden in a large complex built into the side of a mountain...

Come on, let's pay him a visit. He hasn't seen anyone since '91!
  • Options
    After then spilled their brlub, they can't find any other place where they can rant on about themselves, so they leave to start their millionth unread blog instead...
  • Options
    It's because as soon as I see their hello thread I pm them saying "wht r ur tits like?" REGARDLESS of gender.

You should thank me for keeping the population under control.
  • Options
    I dont think I EVER posted a welcome thread (too shy!). I think its becuase they post, and either forgfet, get bored or ask dumb questions/drag up VERY old threads and get flamed by the regulars so they never come back.
  • Options
    I dont think I EVER posted a welcome thread (too shy!). I think its becuase they post, and either forgfet, get bored or ask dumb questions/drag up VERY old threads and get flamed by the regulars so they never come back.

or you lot scare them off...
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    But we aren't scary :(.

I never posted an Intro thread either. I actually spent the first few weeks I was here lurking in Health, then I ventured to Relationships, and then I found AG <3.
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:

oh Yes, theres a lot of regulars so it can be a bit intimidating to new blood. That or gerbils obession with guns and armory scare them shitless. :p
  • Options
    and get flamed by the regulars .

That would never happen here!
  • Options
    i was new to the site yesterday,sent you a reply and did,nt get any feedback
  • Options
    johnnny wrote:
    i was new to the site yesterday,sent you a reply and did,nt get any feedback
    students mate ...doing their nails ...twiddling their hair ...scratching their arse ...
  • Options
    are you just pretending to be a prick?you are good at it
  • Options
    johnnny wrote:
    are you just pretending to be a prick?you are good at it
    i don't pretend!
    i'm the real thing.
  • Options
    good to hear from you morrocan, how are you?
  • Options
    I remember I posted a Hiya thread, Rainbow Brite (as she was known in a past life) and Daisy Chain Thing replied to it.

I have little spurts of posting and not posting, Cant beleieve I've been here 4 years!!