Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Shave my head - yay or nay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Right well im torn whether or not to shave my head. Not all the way, maybe a number 3 all over. Dunno though, never done it before and could look like a tit. Just can't be arsed with my hair at the moment, too hot and i dunno what to do with it.

What ya think yay or nay?

Comments

• Options
    :yes: Most definatly. Short hair is the only way to go if your a man.

Doooo it
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Right well im torn whether or not to shave my head. Not all the way, maybe a number 3 all over. Dunno though, never done it before and could look like a tit. Just can't be arsed with my hair at the moment, too hot and i dunno what to do with it.

A: Do you have a cute face?

B: Do have a weird shaped head?

Actually either way I say go for it, it'll grow back!! :thumb:
  • Options
    A: Do you have a cute face?

B: Do have a weird shaped head?

Actually either way I say go for it, it'll grow back!! :thumb:

A ... i dunno :p

B .... Feels like a normal head to me.
  • Options
    post a picture of your face :yes:
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

Theres a picture of me if you can be assed to look for it.
  • Options
    Blah wrote:

:thumb:

Actually I think I can remember what you look like, I could be confusing you with Addict. If it is you then yes you do have a cute face but I think I liked your hair.
  • Options
    Don't just do it because you're feeling a bit bored and can't be arsed with your hair... have a proper think about whether it'll make you look like a twat.

Usually I'd say go for it, I've even been thinking about doing it myself, but my mate shaved his head last weekend because he "felt canny bored" and it look HORRIFIC.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Theres a picture of me if you can be assed to look for it.

hey your the one wanting advice, if you want best advice look for your face yourself :p
  • Options
    nay but only because i think your hair suits you the way it is :yes: Why not try different style e.g spiking it a bit or something?
  • Options
    Blah wrote:
    hey your the one wanting advice, if you want best advice look for your face yourself :p

Jeez i have to do allll the work round here :p

Just found myself on page 100 of the photo thread ... thats about as much effort as i will put into it :p
  • Options
    i think only certain people suit skin heads, other people look absolutely idiotic. i suggest not going shorter than a 4 to begin with and see how its looking, rather than going all the way.

ive had skin heads in the past, but now i love my hair too much.
  • Options
    Ahh no way am i gonna get a skinhead. No no. Just 3 or 4 shaved all over.
  • Options
    I used to have a shaven head...
    It was proper shaven though... using no guard at all... I think it works out that your hair is half a mm long...

Looking back on it now... I looked like a twat.
    I think a number 3 is ok though, it does suite alot of people. I cant remeber what your hair looks like now though...
  • Options
    How long are these 3 and 4 and other numbers you speak of?
  • Options
    Found the photo, you do have a cute face and your head looks a normal shape. :razz:

I think you should go for it, grade 3 isn't that short anyway, it'll grow back in a few weeks. :thumb:

Ps, while looking through the photo thread I found that picture of James Zero with straws in his hair, classic! Maybe you could incorporate straws into your new hair cut?!
  • Options
    How long are these 3 and 4 and other numbers you speak of?

3 is a little bit of hair, 4 a tiny bit more.

I shaved my head to a 3 last night as i lost my longer guards. Wish i hadn't now.
  • Options
    Found the photo, you do have a cute face and your head looks a normal shape. :razz:

I think you should go for it, grade 3 isn't that short anyway, it'll grow back in a few weeks. :thumb:

Ps, while looking through the photo thread I found that picture of James Zero with straws in his hair, classic! Maybe you could incorporate straws into your new hair cut?!

Oh i don't wanna copy that ... thats his genius :D and for him only.

Hmm im torn still.

Come to think i remember getting a 1 on the sides a few years back. Felt abit odd at first but wasnt too bad. So a 3 all over wouldnt be too bad. :thumb:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Oh i don't wanna copy that ... thats his genius :D and for him only.

Hmm im torn still.

Come to think i remember getting a 1 on the sides a few years back. Felt abit odd at first but wasnt too bad. So a 3 all over wouldnt be too bad. :thumb:

Nah I shave my dads hair to a 1, it grows back dead quick. Why don't you get some funky designs in it too?
  • Options
    Nah I shave my dads hair to a 1, it grows back dead quick. Why don't you get some funky designs in it too?

Ha ... slow down slow down :p thats way too adventurous at the minute! Dunno whether to do it yet :D
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    Ha ... slow down slow down :p thats way too adventurous at the minute! Dunno whether to do it yet :D

Do it!!!!

I'm gonna do a search and see if i can find some good designs for you! Ooo you could add some dye too. :D
  • Options
    Yeah, I was thinking of getting the straws somehow glued into my hair! I thought it would make a nice feature! :D
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Go for it.

Go down to a 3 if you dont like it'll grow back. Plus it'll keep your head cold during Summer :D
  • Options
    Do it!!!!

I'm gonna do a search and see if i can find some good designs for you! Ooo you could add some dye too. :D

Do it like vanilla ice :cool:
    word
    to your mother
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

Oi Oi Skin'ed, git yo 'air cut!
    skinhead.jpg

Nyuk Nyuk ;)
  • Options
    At the rate this is going im gonna end the night with a mohawk, straws glued to my head and my hair dyed purple :p
  • Options
    Yep do it mate, did mine 2~3 days ago... I like having hair, but nothing beats baldness, every morning you wake up and your hair are done :yes: And with the summer coming you are less hot as well...
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Yep do it mate, did mine 2~3 days ago... I like having hair, but nothing beats baldness, every morning you wake up and your hair are done :yes: And with the summer coming you are less hot as well...
    Haha its true. WHen I get mine done to a two I dont even have to brush it for ages. Its fab :D
  • Options
    If you do shave it off, make sure you've got sunscreen. Having a burn on your scalp sucks.
  • Options
    If you do shave it off, make sure you've got sunscreen. Having a burn on your scalp sucks.

Yep excellent suggestion, was out playing football on really snny afternoon and caught one, it was fucking horrible... to start with, well you got a nice red scalp and it hurt quite nicely too...
  • Options
    Yep excellent suggestion, was out playing football on really snny afternoon and caught one, it was fucking horrible... to start with, well you got a nice red scalp and it hurt quite nicely too...
    I usualy keep my hair at 1/8 of an inch so no one notices the redness. Mostly it's running it under warm water when you take a shower that really gets me.