Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Something that really gets on my tits....

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    GoodFella wrote:
    Well this was a one off mind ... snot doesnt usually pop out :p

Lies!!

:D
  • Options
    Lies!!

:D

Bleep off :D
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I just did 3 sneezes in a row! Bit of bogey came out as well! Do i get extra points for that?

urgh.

i rarely sneeze just the once - always twice!

great fun when you're driving (and have hayfever). :thumb:
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    I just did 3 sneezes in a row! Bit of bogey came out as well! Do i get extra points for that?

i think i must sneeze mainly through my mouth, cause snot never comes out, but my hands/tissue are always sprayed with spit.

i know, i'm delightful. but hey, at least i cover my mouth while sneezing in public, unlike some dirty public transport bastards. i hate that.
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:

If this happens to me and my dad's in the room I get told off...
  • Options
    Best ones are when you do a sneeze, and before you finish sneezing the second one comes out, snot all over the place.

Or when you manage the first half of a sneeze (i.e the inhaling slightly bit) but it doesn't go all the way to a proper sneeze.

You never see anybody on Neighbours sneezing, or anybody reading the news either :(
  • Options
    Sofie wrote:
    If this happens to me and my dad's in the room I get told off...

What you get told off for sneezing? Or for the bogey?
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    You should meet my mum then, her sneezes are crazy!
    I swear last time she sneezed the roof nearly came off our house! ...and she was at work at the time! :p
    when my mum sneezes she sort of half shouts/squeals at the same time. The 'choo' bit is really loud and high pitched. It's always making us jump. One time i was on my cabin bed on the phone to my boyfriend, my mum was downstairs in the kitchen - she sneezed and he heard her down the phone! He asked what it was. And i live in a pretty big house!
  • Options
    GoodFella wrote:
    What you get told off for sneezing? Or for the bogey?

Bogey. I did this one time when I was watching TV and my dad was in the room. I walked out to clean my hands (having just got snot over them from sneezing) walked back in and got told off for being a chatty bugger...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:

Does it bother anyone else that much?

Yes my brother does it all the time, I just wanna go over and kick him in the face it pisses me off that much.
  • Options
    People who are waiting to pay for something (bus, shopping, whatever) in a queue and then get to the point of actually paying before looking for change piss me off. Anyone with half a brain knows that, at the end of their transaction, they will be asked to pay, so why not get prepared for it instead of wasting everybody's time.

People who chat on mobile phones whilst being served in shops also annoy me.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Yes my brother does it all the time, I just wanna go over and kick him in the face it pisses me off that much.

:lol: chill...
  • Options
    Mist wrote:
    People who are waiting to pay for something (bus, shopping, whatever) in a queue and then get to the point of actually paying before looking for change piss me off. Anyone with half a brain knows that, at the end of their transaction, they will be asked to pay, so why not get prepared for it instead of wasting everybody's time.

People who chat on mobile phones whilst being served in shops also annoy me.
    annoying when they suddenly change the bus fares so you have to rumble about for more change though
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    annoying when they suddenly change the bus fares so you have to rumble about for more change though

I hate that as well.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    It is not cute! :p

Doesnt it hurt when you stiffle them into a little burp sneeze?
    it is cute...ill let you hear one time! :p but no its my sneeze, so i dont think its all stifled up and i always do more than one.
    however, one day i might just pop from years of sneeze accumulation! :nervous:
  • Options
    Alot of the things mentioned really annoy me, some things like the bus one leave me in total despair.

I think it's really bad manners when you're at a bar, and someone walks up after you, and they don't let you get served first when the barman approaches you looking to see who wants served.

That really grinds my gears.
  • Options
    Bunny_0_ wrote:
    it is cute...ill let you hear one time! :p but no its my sneeze, so i dont think its all stifled up and i always do more than one.
    however, one day i might just pop from years of sneeze accumulation! :nervous:

Maybe thats the real reason behind spontaneous human combustion ;)
  • Options
    Addict wrote:
    I think it's really bad manners when you're at a bar, and someone walks up after you, and they don't let you get served first when the barman approaches you looking to see who wants served.

That really grinds my gears.

Mate! Dont get me started on bar manners! there are some right idiots when it comes to that.
    I always let people who were there before me get served first...
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote:
    Mate! Dont get me started on bar manners! there are some right idiots when it comes to that.
    I always let people who were there before me get served first...

always the way i do things.

and if there is like a old man or any lady there on their own i usually let them go first if its not packed. its just manners.
  • Options
    I hate bad pub manners, too, but everytime I've spoken up for myself it's started something nasty so generally I just keep my gob shut and hope that people are polite and let the bartender know I was there first.

There's a fuckload of bad bar etiquette, gets my back up something rotten :mad:
  • Options
    oh i thought of a couple of other things that piss me off.

People pushing empty push chairs round and/or using them as a weapon in shops etc...to move you out of the way. usually by banging the back of your legs.

people who leave their trolly in the middle of the aisle while looking at the shelves and totally oblivious to other people wanting to get past.

women who will queue up for ages at a till and then start rummaging about in their bags when they get to the counter, you were just stood there 10mins why couldnt you do it then.

people who get a mini statement from the ATM and then just chuck it away without even looking at it, or proceeding to read the statement without walkign away from the machine.
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I hate bad pub manners, too, but everytime I've spoken up for myself it's started something nasty so generally I just keep my gob shut and hope that people are polite and let the bartender know I was there first.

There's a fuckload of bad bar etiquette, gets my back up something rotten :mad:

:yes:

I hate it when you wait there for ages and the bar people are moving from one end to the other serving people and just when they get to where you are standing someone squeezes in a gap and gets served first.

I don't like men saying I can get served before them either just cos I'm a woman. I usually just say no you were here first. If women want equal rights then thats what we should have.
  • Options

I hate it when you wait there for ages and the bar people are moving from one end to the other serving people and just when they get to where you are standing someone squeezes in a gap and gets served first.

Last come, first served :banghead:
  • Options
    I don't like men saying I can get served before them either just cos I'm a woman. I usually just say no you were here first. If women want equal rights then thats what we should have.

Yeah, I feel that way too. I don't like preferential treatment because I'm a "little lady" or similar but I've had some shocking abuse (along the uglyungratefullesbianfeministbitch lines) when I've said "nah, you're alright" or declined to go through the door before a bloke. So sometimes I just smile and go for it, saves bother. Weirdos (or maybe it's just the places I hang around) :lol: