Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Edinburgh Meet Take 2

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Details so far

Date: 19th of August
Time: TBC

Going
Infinite
Addict
Sharry21
Briggi
Hellfire and Lozabeth (maybe-probably)

Pesky Fence Sitters
Kermit
KHSS
Click to See More
Bri-namite
Stacey
JsT

So my last attempt fell through but I'm getting the vibe that it was the date that put everyone off. I'm a glutton for punishment.

So I'm going to try again.

The currently thinking is to shift the date to some time in August, with the 19th a particularly juicy contender.

So, post to register interest yadda yadda yadda.

I've already had a quick look and there are 4 bed hostel dorms available, for about £20 each. That's a BARGAIN given that the 19th is slap bang in the middle of at least 3 seperate festivals.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you pay my train fare (from Banbury Station - I'll be home by that point!) then I'm happy to come to an Edinburgh meet.
  • Options
    I am happy to come if I can get the megabus.
  • Options
    So basically you want me to bribe you to come to the meet?

I like your style.

ETA: that was to KHSS
  • Options
    It's not a bribe, it's traveling expenses :yes:

(one L or two?)
  • Options
    You already know I'm up for it.
  • Options
    Im on holiday on that day sorry guys.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    I am happy to come if I can get the megabus.

I've had a look on the site (I just put in newcastle as the leaving point) and the options are *drumroll*:

One bus leaves at 5:40, getting you to Edinburgh at half eight in the morning. The other leaves at 15:40 and gets you to fair Edina at 18:30.

The buses back are at 11:00 and 22:30.

The fare seems to be £1.
  • Options
    Well, I've still not started work on my motorbike. On sunny days I tend to be off crusing around on my gay pink pushbike. But if I've done the work I want to do by the time of the meet, then I'll be there :).

Room for a pillion, if anyone is interested. Don't depend on it, as my attendance far from being a certainty :).
  • Options
    Cycle there click.
  • Options
    Bugger off! I've done 10 miles in 45 minutes - normally do 10 in an hour(these are cross-country though...).

It was 276 miles from my door to Edinburgh, last time I went. Do you really think I'm going to cycle for 27 hours straight? ;)
  • Options
    That's not too bad, and it saves me the hassle of going on the website.

I might see how much a train ticket is.
  • Options
    Bugger off! I've done 10 miles in 45 minutes - normally do 10 in an hour(these are cross-country though...).

It was 276 miles from my door to Edinburgh, last time I went. Do you really think I'm going to cycle for 27 hours straight? ;)
    Why not?! :D

I wouldn't mind coming to a meet, however, think I may miss the Edinburgh meet, as I'm on the South coast :)
  • Options
    Haha I just checked train times: it would cost me £65 for a return with my railcard, that's 6 hours travelling each way for 6 hours in Edinburgh. Heh. Maybe not.
  • Options
    your-babe wrote:
    Why not?! :D

I wouldn't mind coming to a meet, however, think I may miss the Edinburgh meet, as I'm on the South coast :)

Lightweight! My friend travelled from Southampton to Edinburgh for a meet! We went blasting through the twisty Scottish roads together... ;)

Heck, a site I used to be on even had members travelling from other countries. More than once :).
  • Options
    Lightweight! My friend travelled from Southampton to Edinburgh for a meet! We went blasting through the twisty Scottish roads together... ;)

Heck, a site I used to be on even had members travelling from other countries. More than once :).
    :) Well, I wish I could, only I'm on a tad of a tight budget... and thinking that it may cost a fair bit :(
  • Options
    Haha I just checked train times: it would cost me £65 for a return with my railcard, that's 6 hours travelling each way for 6 hours in Edinburgh. Heh. Maybe not.

You could always stay at mine;)
  • Options
    :chin: Sounds like a better plan.
  • Options
    "WISE FWOM YOUR GWAVE!"

Been playing Altered Beast..........
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    That's not too bad, and it saves me the hassle of going on the website.

I might see how much a train ticket is.
    Try Megatrain or whatever Vermin are calling their new enterprise!
  • Options
    Don't see why not.

Has to be said though, it all depends on whether I can be arsed getting out of bed on the day.
  • Options
    I'd definately go if Clicktoseemore was going :D

Hehe.

I would have to know the date in advance so I could book the time off work
  • Options
    JsT wrote:
    Try Megatrain or whatever Vermin are calling their new enterprise!

Doesn't run to Newcastle.

And I'd rather go on GNER.
  • Options
    Not Megabus for £1 then?
  • Options
    *Stacey* wrote:
    I'd definately go if Clicktoseemore was going :D

Hehe.

I would have to know the date in advance so I could book the time off work

Click to see more(note the spaces!) has just bought himself a pair of BBC studio monitors, and will be spending far too much time playing with them.

But if I can be arsed to drag myself outside in this nasty heat, and tinker with my motorbike, then you'd be welcome on the back of it. :)
  • Options
    Ooooooo yeah. I want to go on the back on your motorbike. You are soooooo going :p
  • Options
    No, I have a pair of studio monitors coming my way. Do you have ANY IDEA just how lovely they are? :p
    Sound Quality

The panel were highly impressed by the LS7. It was felt to be tonally accurate and well balanced, with an extended and uniform frequency response. Good instrumental detail was preserved throughout the frequency range, while colouration was held to a consistently low level.

Stereo images were spacious, focused and full of the intended recorded-acoustic detail. Depth was impressive, with an almost 'crystalline' transparency.

The LS7 provided good bass extension and despite seeming slightly 'leaden-footed' here, powerful and clean articulation were in evidence. The sound was consistently clean and free of 'boxy' effects.
    Conclusion

The LS7 provides a remarkably well-balanced subjective and objective performance. All aspects of sound quality such as extension, balance, stereo clarity and colouration were very good, while technically speaking it was easy to drive, low in distortion, sensitive, and consistent as regards frequency balance.

I'm going to be here for months! MONTHS! I'm going to become a hermit... unless you offer to get your boobs out. Then I'd be somewhat tempted. A cracking ride on my motorcycle and the opportunity to play with boobies...vs a pair of BBC studio monitors.

I quite honestly can't think of a tougher decision to make. Bah...

My favourite reviewer lives in Edinburgh, which means I'd be able to get a comfy bed for the night too. But studio monitors.... V4 burble... studio monitors... A68... studio monitors...

:(
  • Options
    I'm going to be here for months! MONTHS! I'm going to become a hermit... unless you offer to get your boobs out. Then I'd be somewhat tempted. A cracking ride on my motorcycle and the opportunity to play with boobies...vs a pair of BBC studio monitors.
    You don't live far away from me.

I might come and stalk you.

Mwhahahaha.
  • Options
    I've never had a stalker! So long as you're nice about it, then you'd get little objection from me :D.

Company when out on my pushbike wouldn't be a bad thing anyway. Nobody around me seems to care about saving the planet or getting fit :(.
  • Options
    freak.gif

If no one has any objections then I'll set the date as the 19th of August. Venue same as last time, The Standing Order.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Kermit wrote:
    Doesn't run to Newcastle.

And I'd rather go on GNER.
    Buy standard ticket Newcastle - Morpeth and from there. Its crap that Newcastle and Leeds aren't on there at all but meh.