Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

** Spoiler thread - Lost ** Don't look if you don't want to know

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well, thought this might make things a little easier for people who want to talk about Lost.

This is a thread to discuss what is going on in Lost right up to the current AMERICAN airdate (so that's episode 21)

Have fun, and don't trust everything you see
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    So to kick things off, the others - presumably they are fully kitted out scientists based on the baby episode? Certainly hard to believe what Michael had to say.
  • Options
    when the others say they have been there much longer than the crash guys, perhaps they are the origional staff that were placed there by the dharma institute?
  • Options
    That's what I was kinda thinking - given the last episode you have to wonder if they are also being put through some kind of psychological test. What we've heard so far certainly implies that no one with knowledge of the meaning behind the Dharma test is going to be on the island.

Unless the 'man' is a certain asian scientist?

Disappointed to realise that there was nothing new in the flash cut sequence from the dream. Had a slow look through it and it all looked like previous events.
  • Options
    i dont think jacks dad is dead either

after watching the flash backs and having ana lucia and jacks dad visit who we assume to be claire

and eko to visit the prophet guy who predicts futures

we never saw the body
  • Options
    Jim V wrote:
    That's what I was kinda thinking - given the last episode you have to wonder if they are also being put through some kind of psychological test. What we've heard so far certainly implies that no one with knowledge of the meaning behind the Dharma test is going to be on the island.

I don't think so.
    One of them , I think it was Jack mentioned in the first couple of episodes of the first series that "what if it is a test and we are the guinea pigs" and also they mention it in the beginning of the second series when they discover the video.

Too many clues = misleading I think.
  • Options
    what if jack also hit the nail on the head straight away, but obviously, the bigger and more elaborate the lie (test) is, the more likely the are to believe it was real

plus im sure someone sits in thesite.org offices pushing a button every 108 minutes
  • Options
    I've been trying to figure out why it is 108 minutes for the last 5 months with no success!!
    That has to be of some significance!!
    Also why is there a weapons room in that place?
    And why is the room with the pc shaped like a dome?
    What's behind the layers of concrete?
    Will Kate go out with me?

So many questions!!
    :D
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    In the orientation video for "the swan", "Dr Candle" mentions B.F. Skinner, who did the experiments with Mice and reactions to stress. Why Jack didn't pick up on that is odd I find.

Anywho, with the discovery of "The Pearl" maybe the losties are going to discover more about the D.I. and The Hanso Foundation.

From what I've seen of the trailers for Episode 22, (3 minutes) It looks like Michael was drugged in order to free "Henry Gale" Who as it turns out happens to have the surname Widmore. Anybody seen that name before? ;)

Yes, it was on the pregnancy test that Sun took, it's also the company that sponsered the real Henry Gale's baloon trip.

Episode 22 also sees the welcome return on Walt, I'm not sure how long he's going to be sticking around for though.

________

ABC Trailer
    CTV Trailer
  • Options
    Desmond is back in the season finale too. :D

Regarding the Pearl and the Swan: they could both be experiments, different levels. The computer in the Swan could in fact have a real purpose, but they don't want the crews of the Swan or Pearl to know what exactly it does. So they just say it's a psychological experiement. Perhaps.
  • Options
    migpilot wrote:
    I've been trying to figure out why it is 108 minutes for the last 5 months with no success!!
    That has to be of some significance!!
    :D
    108 = 4 + 8 + 15 +16 +23 +42

:thumb:
  • Options
    Ah ha! That's what I was kinda thinking - still missed a plot point I thought though - was hoping they'd find some video of Michael recording to get that revealed - that should really move forward quicker.
  • Options
    What do you mean by Michael recording? You mean when he did the dirty?
  • Options
    yeh cause eko and john just discovered a camera recording room
  • Options
    Sorry... ill today... meant to say recording of Michael and the shooting.
  • Options
    Yeh they will watch a recording and see what Michael did. Hopefully that's this week and not in like a years time!
  • Options
    108 = 4 + 8 + 15 +16 +23 +42

:thumb:

:rolleyes: thanks :thumb:
  • Options
    Seen up to episode 11.

The episode about Mr Eko and the episode where they meet the others have been the best 2 single episodes of any tv show that ive this year
  • Options
    tonight!!
  • Options
    woot!
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    The episode about Mr Eko and the episode where they meet the others have been the best 2 single episodes of any tv show that ive this year

The first Ecko episode was fantastic, I kept expecting it to end with him being thrown in Oz
  • Options
    FINALE TONIGHT

I cant wait
  • Options
    and a double episode too! Woo! :hyper:
  • Options
    :hyper:
  • Options
    I dont actaully think ive liked a TV show as much. I cant even decided on a favourite character because i like everyone except maybe Micheal
  • Options
    desmond is back :cool:
  • Options
    film_buff wrote:
    I dont actaully think ive liked a TV show as much. I cant even decided on a favourite character because i like everyone except maybe Micheal
    Has to be Sawyer, the one liners he comes out with are instant classics!
  • Options
    Have you seen the trailer for tonight epsisode i keep watching it over and over, i think that this finale could beat season 1's

here
  • Options
    As much as I love Lost, I've found myself not watching fully for the past few weeks. Last nights was about Claires flashback-abduction. Anyone care to explain what happened? I dont care if I find out what happens in episodes not aired here yet. Who's Eko?
  • Options
    Omigosh! Just watched the trailer for the season finale!! *orgasms then faints*

I CANT WAIT!
  • Options
    just watched the finale

Bring on season 3