Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am i weird

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i have recently left my b/f and its all bit complicated as we live together. he has moved out now and my friends all say i should jump back on the band wagon. they should i shouldnt jump into another relationship but should maybe get a fuck buddy for the mean time or sleep around.

ia this normal? i would like to sleep with other people i mean we all have sexual needs but i dont really like the idea of sleeping around, as all the men i have ever slept with i have been in a relationship with.

does this make me weird that i have never slept around? am i missing out on something good??

Comments

• Options
    No it does not make you weird. If you'd rather be in a relationship before having sex then people (especially your friends) should respect your choice.
  • Options
    I think everyone has different opinions on it, personally I have never slept around or particularly wanted too. I see sex as something that should be shared between too people who care for each other at least. Alot of people don't see it so seriously and just want to satisfy their needs as you said but it's a matter of opinion and what you want, not what your mates think you should do.
  • Options
    Plenty of people do it once, then find out they don't like one night stands or sleeping with strangers. It's not for everyone. Chances are, if you have doubts, or are doing it because other people think you should, then you won't enjoy it either. If you really do want to, then go ahead though.
  • Options
    Your friends just think they're telling you what you want to hear...if you don't want to shag randoms, that's fine. Personally I only sleep with people I've known for years, they're not necessarily boyfriends but I woulndn't have a one night thing with a stranger. So I'm in between the whole one night and relationship thing.
  • Options
    i have recently left my b/f and its all bit complicated as we live together. he has moved out now and my friends all say i should jump back on the band wagon. they should i shouldnt jump into another relationship but should maybe get a fuck buddy for the mean time or sleep around.

ia this normal? i would like to sleep with other people i mean we all have sexual needs but i dont really like the idea of sleeping around, as all the men i have ever slept with i have been in a relationship with.

does this make me weird that i have never slept around? am i missing out on something good??

Always keep in mind that sex is something for the moment. Let's say you sleep with 3 men in 2 months. you are not feeling any better or worse then (except you got some issues). If you don't feel like sleeping around, don't do it.
    Sex with one good partner (good = you trust, come along with, is ok in the sack, you maybe love), is not a ounce worse then having more sex partners.

You are not weird. Do as you feel, and never let yourself be talked into "you should be sleeping around." Wtf is this for a stupid advice.

be yourself.
  • Options
    see ya msgs !!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    erm....
  • Options
    does this make me weird that i have never slept around?
    on the off chance that this is a serious question. the answer is no.