Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

How Much Money Do You Think She Should Get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/62257.html

They say she might get as much as £200 Million for being married just 4 years (although they do have a 2 year old child)

How much do you think is fair?

I'm not sure but I reckon £10 Million is good going!!

Comments

• Options
    Does she really need £200 million?
  • Options
    Arbitrary really, does he really need £800million?
  • Options
    who cares. I think she should get a fair bit of maintenance for the child, but i dont really believe in spousal maintenance or alimony, unless the couple have been married like forever.
  • Options
    who cares.

ditto.
  • Options
    She deserves the full whack; I'd need serious recompense too if I'd had to shag that wrinkly old crooner for four years. ;)

I couldn't believe this was major headline news yesterday, I'd like to chip in on the "who cares" sentiment.
  • Options
    I found this article..
    News reports have confirmed that Paul McCartney has separated from his wife Heather Mills- McCartney.

Mrs Mills- McCartney is said to be distraught over the split "He has been my crutch for so long!!" She said in an earlier briefing, “I have no idea why this has happened, I’m stumped”

She's reported to be making frantic efforts to keep the split as civil as possible.

”She's 'Running around in circles”, according to a close friend, “she will need all the support she can get its not like its easy to walk out on a relationship like this”

It is not known whether a pre-nuptial agreement was signed prior to the marriage, Paul McCartney is one of the richest men in the world amassing a colossal wealth due to his participation with The Beatles and subsequent musical collaborations, if an agreement hasn’t been signed it is believed that she won't have a leg to stand on.

Rumours abound over the split have suggested that infidelity may have been the cause. “She’s terrible” a source stated, “always trying to get her leg over”.

Another source has suggested that her battle with alcoholism was the cause. “Macca couldn’t handle it anymore” a friend said “he would get home at night and find her legless”

Many have attributed this to a problem which started with the present that Paul had got her for the wedding, she heard he was getting her a plane. It all became clear when she opened her first present and it was a Stanley; it was not the type of plane she was expecting.
  • Options
    Rumours abound over the split have suggested that infidelity may have been the cause. “She’s terrible” a source stated, “always trying to get her leg over”.

Another source has suggested that her battle with alcoholism was the cause. “Macca couldn’t handle it anymore” a friend said “he would get home at night and find her legless”

:lol::lol::lol:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... that's priceless!
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol: :thumb: excellent, where did you find it SCC? Must send that on to a few people...

That's just mean ... lol

But I'm interested to know espacially from women's point of view what they'd consider fair!!
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I found this article..
    Haha, Harsh but so funny!
  • Options
    who cares. I think she should get a fair bit of maintenance for the child, but i dont really believe in spousal maintenance or alimony, unless the couple have been married like forever.

Yeah I think she should get a lot for the child but I don't think she should get any of his fortune personally, its not as if she helped him make the money in the first place.
  • Options
    I found this article..
    :):):)
  • Options
    i recon i'd take it from paul for £200m, as well as being able to say ive slept with a beatle.

but back on topic, if she wants to be so independant and jet off around the world as the media are suggesting, i say tell her to be independant and earn her own cash. just my thoughts.
  • Options
    I think they might have had a pre-nuptial.

If they didn't, it's gonna cost him an arm and a leg.
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote:
    If they didn't, it's gonna cost him an arm and a leg.
    :lol:
  • Options
    :lol:

Seconded.

I don't think they did have a pre-nup, if I remember rightly, as Macca was all about proving to the world (especially Stella) that he really, truly loved and trusted her not to be marrying him for his moolah :p

It would've helped him a bit if they did, too, as though I don't think pre-nups are recongised by UK law they often do speak volumes in court. At least that's the impression I was under.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    i recon i'd take it from paul for £200m, as well as being able to say ive slept with a beatle.

:lol: That should have been POTW. Shame the nominations are over.

oh, and its Sir Paul btw
  • Options
    :lol: That should have been POTW. Shame the nominations are over.

oh, and its Sir Paul btw

We can save it for next week tho :yes:

Cos tis damn funny :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Am I the only one who finds all these "legless" jokes somewhat tasteless?
  • Options
    yes.
  • Options
    Randomgirl wrote:
    Am I the only one who finds all these "legless" jokes somewhat tasteless?

No, don't know for all legless jokes, but I didn't find that article funny either...
  • Options
    Neither did I find Boxing Helena entertaining.
  • Options
    i was being serious :(
  • Options
    Heard on the news earlier on that he had refused to draw up a pre-nuptial agreement.
  • Options
    Yeah I think she should get a lot for the child but I don't think she should get any of his fortune personally, its not as if she helped him make the money in the first place.

Exactly, I've always thought the theory about 'half' was that one partner had been supporting the other, and the family, in a non-financial way to what was assumed during the relationship to be a fair trade, an equal amount towards a common goal of house and home. In this case, I can't see why she think she deserves very much at all...
  • Options
    The settlement will depend on what she gave up to look after their kids (not a lot) and what consideration she brought to the marriage in the first place.

Still, with his wealth, 20% is still a canny packet.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    The settlement will depend on what she gave up to look after their kids (not a lot) and what consideration she brought to the marriage in the first place.

Still, with his wealth, 20% is still a canny packet.

But did she help him at all in earning the money he now has? And I assume that even when she gets that money, she'll want child support from him as well... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    But she gave up work to look after his children.

She should get a proportion of his wealth that merits her input, I'd say about 20%. But with his wealth that's a lot of money.

Why should she only get a tiny fraction of his money simply because he has a lot of it?
  • Options
    Why should she get alot of it?
  • Options
    How is 20% a lot of it?