Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

pregnant possibly

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi I'm 22 and four weeks ago had a drunken fling with my best friend. I'm taking the pill but had been ill during the week before and probably vomited the pill up, we used a condom during sex but we weren't careful at all about the during foreplay although he didn't enter me. I got my period the next day. I havn't had my next period and its a week late, it could be because I messed my pill up though with the illness.

Basically I'm just really worried, I'm planning on doing a test but I would normally turn to him in this type of situation, I just can't bear to tell him. He's the type that is against abortion and I know he'd be really upset if I was pregnant and chose that route, which I not even sure I would, I'm sure he'd be supportive but I'd rather not say anything right now since theres a good chance I'm not. Its also difficult since this was just a one off thing and we went straight back to just friendship after.

The only chance I could be in reality is through the pre-cum but he didn't actually enter me without a condom.
Just after a bit of support really, I dont have a question or anything.

Comments

• Options
    Im sure you will be fine, he didnt enter you so you should be ok. But just take a test to be on safe side! In the past when I've been late every thing goes through your mind! Try not to worry.

:)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    im with Briony on this one, i wouldnt worry too much, its highly unlikely. however, i agree and just do a test to be on the safe side, and make sure you havent got your dates mixed up too, thats happened to me before. worry about what you will do, if it is positive, good luck though!
    x
  • Options
    Yes, I probably wouldn't have even given it a second thought normally its just the fact that I'm late, pretty sure thats because I messed my pill up. Its awful when you feel like you can't confide in the person you are closest too. Thanks for the support guys! :)
  • Options
    You were at a really low fertility point in your cycle too.

Give it a few days and see if you get your next one.

Do you wanna be pregnant? :confused:
  • Options
    Zenie wrote:
    You were at a really low fertility point in your cycle too.

Give it a few days and see if you get your next one.

Do you wanna be pregnant? :confused:

No I don't want to be pregnant. It sounds selfish but I've just started my career and my life is how I like it right now. I don't know how I'd feel if I found out I was though. I know its very unlikely but I just have this little niggle that I might be, I'm going to test anyway to put my mind at rest.
  • Options
    curiouskat wrote:
    No I don't want to be pregnant. It sounds selfish but I've just started my career and my life is how I like it right now. I don't know how I'd feel if I found out I was though. I know its very unlikely but I just have this little niggle that I might be, I'm going to test anyway to put my mind at rest.

Good :)

Doesnt sound selfish don't be silly!! :)
  • Options
    if youre already late for your period, then you can test. You can get cheap tests from poundland or savers chemist if money is an issue and they are fine.
  • Options
    if youre already late for your period, then you can test. You can get cheap tests from poundland or savers chemist if money is an issue and they are fine.

Thanks for the advice Suzy. Think i'll pop into savers tomorrow, going to have do it on my own which is scary since I'll have nobody to tell when the result comes through. Think I'll go around my best friend's after for a hug either way, he'll not know whats wrong poor thing.
  • Options
    scary stuff, but dont panic just yet. The chances are extremely low, and ive suggested it to put your mind at rest more than anything.
    let us know how it goes :)
  • Options
    There's always gonna be something resting at the back of your mind till you know for sure. So finding out as soon as you can would be a good idea :)

Though I was wondering (I'm just curious), is it at all possible to become pregnant due to pre-cum? I mean, how 'dangerous' is the stuff?
  • Options
    If you need more advice, try the fpa helpline - it's manned by trained nurses:

fpa
    Tel: 0845 310 1334
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    There's always gonna be something resting at the back of your mind till you know for sure. So finding out as soon as you can would be a good idea :)

Though I was wondering (I'm just curious), is it at all possible to become pregnant due to pre-cum? I mean, how 'dangerous' is the stuff?

It contains sperm, but I'm not sure exactly how much.

Wow at my age I really should know this stuff :o
  • Options
    Pre cum doesn't always carry sperm. If it does it's usually a lot lot less than actual cum. I think theres probably about 100 in pre cum compared to millions in anything else.

So you can get pregnant. Thats why they say the withdrawal method isn't a reliable form of contraception.
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Pre cum doesn't always carry sperm. If it does it's usually a lot lot less than actual cum. I think theres probably about 100 in pre cum compared to millions in anything else.

So you can get pregnant. Thats why they say the withdrawal method isn't a reliable form of contraception.

Ah... that makes sense! I always thought it was just because a guy doesn't always know how to control himself... Oh well! Tee hee! :p
  • Options
    IWishIWas wrote:
    Ah... that makes sense! I always thought it was just because a guy doesn't always know how to control himself... Oh well! Tee hee! :p

That as well!