Home Politics & Debate
At The Mix, we want to make our services as helpful as we can. To do this, we’d love to ask you a few questions about you, your visit to The Mix and its impact. It should take only about 5-10 minutes to complete. Take this survey and get a chance at winning a £200 Amazon voucher​.
Come and join our Support Circle, every Tuesday, 8 - 9:30pm! Sign up here

Asylum seekers should be allowed to work

2»

Comments

  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    No, there are circumstances where I would be unable to refuse them.

    You can always refuse them.

    But you and me both know that you won't. Not ever. Take without giving, that's your motto.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    cos at the end of the day ...you have to be the most selfish bastard i've come across on these boards.

    Right. What's wrong with only being self interested?

    Everyone is, I am just honest about it and know what's really going on.
    if you actualy go through life the way you say ...you deserve a wake up call.

    It's not me that's asleep Rolly.
    your in bad need of an education.

    Education? No thanks. Learning nonsense is boring and useless.
    your in even more of a need of some ...real8ty.

    :confused:
    your comfort is distorting your view.

    What ARE you on about?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can always refuse them.

    And survive? Not really. There is a point where injuries would make my continued survival dependant on theft. I wouldn't like it but if those were the options then survival would be my choice.

    How many people is this true for who claim benefits?

    Almost none.
    But you and me both know that you won't. Not ever. Take without giving, that's your motto.

    :lol:

    What the fuck are you talking about now?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Kermit wrote:
    You can always refuse them.

    But you and me both know that you won't. Not ever. Take without giving, that's your motto.
    good point kermit.
    he won't refuse.
    his whole way of thinking is bollox.
    it's all so see through.
    he will take what he despises.

    and klint ...humans are a very social animal ...excluding some ...like you ...until you need it.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :lol:

    This is just classic!
    he will take what he despises.

    If it's a choice between survival and stealing, well, what do you think I would do?

    :lol:

    Thing is though, it very rarely is a matter of benefits or death, is it?
    and klint ...humans are a very social animal ...excluding some ...like you ...until you need it.

    :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    :lol:

    This is just classic!



    If it's a choice between survival and stealing, well, what do you think I would do?

    :lol:

    Thing is though, it very rarely is a matter of benefits or death, is it?



    :lol:
    from a guy i found interesting ...you have become the shite i have to deal with on a day to day basis.
    i run an honest operation.
    i run a beneficial operation as far as i can under the circumstances but ...people like you come along and ...you get charged more ...you get a lesser service ...you get ripped.
    your the legitamate target in life.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Question for everyone:


    If YOUR possessions had been stolen, would YOU try to recover them ?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    No NO NO NO NO

    I am offended.

    If it's work, I do what I say I am going to do, when I say I am going to do it in the way I say I am going to do. No more, no less.

    You seem to be confusing me with some previous perception or something.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think a lot of Asylum Seekers will need to speak English to a certain standard before they start work, a lot are traumatised too and need support.

    I have no issues with them working... Immigrant workers keep this country running and factories love people who they can pay minimum wage (sometimes lower) to somebody who will usually work twice as hard for longer hours... Immigrants take the jobs that Brits don't want to take.

    We complain about not having a job, but see ourselves too high and mighty to clean toilets, sweep streets or flip burgers. We are our own worse enemy.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Why do some of you say some of us are in need of an education because we don't agree with you on this issue? You need educating!!! No asylum seekers working, we'll have more of them coming then. We have enough as it is.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yet another thread hijacked by klintock. Why does that not surprise me?

    Anyway back to the original question, yes they should be allowed to work.

    Many of them do work anyway to make extra money, so don't pay tax/NI, and still get money from the government.

    At least if they are allowed to work they will be contributing.

    Some of them are allowed to work anyway, they can get permission.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    luke88 wrote:
    Why do some of you say some of us are in need of an education because we don't agree with you on this issue? You need educating!!! No asylum seekers working, we'll have more of them coming then. We have enough as it is.
    You have no idea do you? Any idea what sort of places a lot of these people come from? I'm sure if you woke up to gun fire every morning, or were beaten up for your race/sexuality/religion and faced torture and death then you'd risk starvation travelling across Europe.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    At least if they are allowed to work they will be contributing.

    To what exactly?
    Some of them are allowed to work anyway, they can get permission.

    Your insane. :lol:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    To what exactly?



    Your insane. :lol:

    Well, contributing to the NHS, schools, general services that people use every day.

    I didn't realise stating a fact made me insane.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well, contributing to the NHS, schools, general services that people use every day.

    How exactly?

    Do asylum seekers work only for those organisations?
    I didn't realise stating a fact made me insane.

    What facts?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You are incredibly tiresome. You know perfectly well I mean contributing via paying taxes and NI.

    The fact that some asylum seekers have permission to work.

    I can't be bothered to engage with you anymore, because all your posts will just say: oh that doesn't exist or making out that everyone apart from you is completely naive and stupid.

    Get over yourself.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You are incredibly tiresome. You know perfectly well I mean contributing via paying taxes and NI.

    Oh, the false link between bits of paper and actiosn in the real world. How incredibly stupid.

    Please describe to me how if you are upstairs reading a book and I am downstairs putting a path into the garden, giving me bits of paper is "contributing"?
    The fact that some asylum seekers have permission to work.

    They can work with or without bits of paper with squiggles on them. Why do you worship them so much?
    I can't be bothered to engage with you anymore, because all your posts will just say: oh that doesn't exist or making out that everyone apart from you is completely naive and stupid.

    Oh good lord no. I always ask for facts and none ever arrive. People who believe in things with no facts presented are stupid but that is always later in the process.

    Where are your facts?

    Nope you didn't give any. If you had some you would have presented them. You didn't because whenever someone is presented with proof of their own idiocy they shy away from the realisation, which is in itself idiotic.
    Get over yourself.

    No. I am at least capable of acknowledging facts and having basic honesty about things.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    believe me ...i am already giving it to you and am actualy ...of the belief i shoulkd be giving you more!
    i make money ...and i believe in a high tax economy.
    the money i make and the comforts it brings ...cannot be enjoyed in the midst of poverty.

    I seem to recall you were doing some calculations,a little while ago,to work out how much tax you "should" be paying.

    Wasn`t that contrary to your beliefs as listed above ?

    Surely if you believed in a "high tax economy" and that you "should be giving more", you would just write out a cheque(payable to those in whom you have faith) to the sum of everything you have earned (less just enough for your own survival needs) :chin:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    klintock wrote:
    Oh, the false link between bits of paper and actiosn in the real world. How incredibly stupid.

    Please describe to me how if you are upstairs reading a book and I am downstairs putting a path into the garden, giving me bits of paper is "contributing"?

    They can work with or without bits of paper with squiggles on them. Why do you worship them so much?

    Oh good lord no. I always ask for facts and none ever arrive. People who believe in things with no facts presented are stupid but that is always later in the process.

    I'm well aware that people can work with or without permission and I said that before. However if they have permission to work legally then they are contributing and also have certain rights such as working hours/minimum wage.

    I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend that idea.

    And sorry but what am I worshipping?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,324 The Mix Honorary Guru
    However if they have permission to work legally then they are contributing and also have certain rights such as working hours/minimum wage.

    Well, all you are doing is saying they are "contributing" without any facts being presented. Do you actually have any or is it just something you've heard a few times somewhere else?
    I'm sorry you are unable to comprehend that idea.

    Oh I understand the "idea" I just assume it's nonsense until some facts are presented.
    And sorry but what am I worshipping?

    Violence.
Sign In or Register to comment.