Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Big shout out to all you singles!!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Aww, can't take a little bit of criticism like that? If that's the worst that's ever been thrown at you, I dread to think how you'll cope when someone really lays into you!

Do you honestly never think of just biting your tongue?

I don't think there's any need to be that rude, to be honest.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote:
    Aww, can't take a little bit of criticism like that? If that's the worst that's ever been thrown at you, I dread to think how you'll cope when someone really lays into you!

it wasn't constructive or particularly an offensive comment so i wasn't offended and didn't take it was a criticism it was just a pathetic excuse at putting me down. :)
  • Options
    it wasn't constructive or particularly an offensive comment so i wasn't offended and didn't take it was a criticism it was just a pathetic excuse at putting me down. :)
    This is going to go round in circles, so never mind.
  • Options
    Infinite wrote:
    You are all being dweebs.

Just stop it.

Exactly.

I'm not single at the moment but I was for a wee while - lotsa fun :D
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    Somehow i don't find that all that shocking. I don't even know you but alas i know all.

I'm single but i want a bloke so i can have diamonds. Yes diamonds. Lots of sparkly stuff.
    you could always buy a pet magpie,
  • Options
    melanie wrote:

don't they steal shiny things though??
  • Options
    don't they steal shiny things though??

It would need trainning... rather than stealing, it would need to play fetch!
  • Options
    Lets be honest, though: being single is for losers.

If you are single its because nobody likes you, you have a terrible BO problem, your favourite hobby is truck-spotting, your penis is small, and you look like Chris Evans after an altercation with a bulldog driving a dustcart.
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    get some skills man

You know, like nunchuck skills, bowhunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Yeah... but ya know... Your mom goes to college.

It was weird getting used to being single after my year long relationshipness. It was weird doing things for myself. But once I got over him, it was okay. Been single for 5 months now (the longest time I've been single since I was 15) So it's good banter. I'm seeing someone though. Or something. Yesss.
  • Options
    Saw a magpie in next door's garden before hehe.
  • Options
    Violette wrote:
    they'd bring them to her. god, what are you, a simpleton. :p hehe.

don't be so rude. :crying: :crying:

;)
  • Options
    A magpie eh?

Do they come in pink?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    A magpie eh?

Do they come in pink?

I'm sure you could just paint it!
  • Options
    So... we're talking about magpies... in a topic about singles...

Uhm... did I miss something?
  • Options
    LacyMay wrote:
    I'm single but i want a bloke so i can have diamonds. Yes diamonds. Lots of sparkly stuff.
    melanie wrote:

Thats why...
  • Options
    Okay good! So it's not just for bird lovers then?
  • Options
    Me is single. It's cool and most of the time I really don't mind.
  • Options
    I'm single. Have been for bout 3/4 years now... You just kinda get used to it and freak out when something does actually happen on a random night of drunkenness :lol:

Ilora x
  • Options
    Well I've been single for about a month now. Which of itself is no bad thing. I think it's best to take some time out between relationships.

But just recently I've been feeling like I'm the only single person left on the planet. All my friends are coupled up. As is everyone at work. Even the hopeless ones. :) Guess working at a cinema doesn't help. Half our customers are loved up couples, making out while they queue up for their popcorn. :yuck:

So all of you singles give me a shout back, let me know it's not just me ...

hey,iv been single most of my life...although im seeing soemone now. i think it's cool to be single, you get to have nights out with your single buddies and guys always buy u drinks (ok....that's a pro for single girls!)...
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    hey,iv been single most of my life

Yeah, me too.

And actually, I'm not sure it's the being single that's dragging me down. Think it's more that, for those four months, she was my best friend. And now that we don't even talk it's left a big hole.

I've tried hanging out with my other friends more but, apart from my best friend, they just never seem to have time for me.

So think I just need to work out how to make new friends. And that'd help with the whole singleness too, actually. If I knew how to meet new people. But I met all my current friends through work, or back when I was at Uni. How do you expand your social circle beyond that?
  • Options
    tinydancer wrote:
    you get to have nights out with your single buddies and guys always buy u drinks (ok....that's a pro for single girls!)...

I have had girls buy me drinks! Not often but it does make me laugh when it happens! :D
  • Options
    I'm single. Been single for a while now. It has its ups and downs just like any relationship does. Some days I love being single. Some days I hate it.
  • Options
    I've only been in relationships for a total of about 18 months so not long really but there's time yet.
  • Options
    I'm single and love at hate it! Depends on my mood! I just tend to steal hugs off all my mates on the bad days! Love the naughtiness and drunken flings!!!! :naughty:
  • Options
    Single for four years...

I enjoy it, I am doing too much with my life at the moment to want to change things... I am finding myself and I don't need anybody restricting waht I want to do.
  • Options
    Single and loving it, always have been single,always have loved it...relationships aren't suitable for young people anyway IMHO.
  • Options
    Well I've been single for about a month now.

That's an awfully long time.
  • Options
    That's an awfully long time.

I know. And it's nearer a month and a half now. :)

Nah, I was single for about 3 years before my last relationship. Maybe longer. And with my current lack of prospects (all my mates/everyone at work is coupled up, plus I never quite worked out that whole meeting new people thing) I just kinda felt like it could be another 3 years. Hence the post.
  • Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

God you all give me a laugh.
  • Options
    I know. And it's nearer a month and a half now. :)

Nah, I was single for about 3 years before my last relationship. Maybe longer. And with my current lack of prospects (all my mates/everyone at work is coupled up, plus I never quite worked out that whole meeting new people thing) I just kinda felt like it could be another 3 years. Hence the post.

It's a pain when all your friends are couples. I manage to keep myself busy enough not to see most of the coupley ones.

Yeah, being single is fine. Within reason, you can do what you like.
    Lack of hope is the problem, which is what I don't like.
    The last relationship was a long distance thing. Never again.