Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New Car

13»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably really unhelpful, but I have to pitch for Seat Arosa, I've had mine for three years and it hasn't caused me a single problem. Nice little runaround, too. :heart:
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    Probably really unhelpful, but I have to pitch for Seat Arosa, I've had mine for three years and it hasn't caused me a single problem. Nice little runaround, too. :heart:

It's not unhelpful at all. Any comments or suggestions are great to hear. However, my new housemates have Seats - one has got an Ibiza and the other has got an Arosa so I don't want to look as though I'm copying them!! WOuld be quite funny though to have a house full of Seats!
  • Options
    cant go wrong with seat, decent engines as used in more expensive german cars.

ive had my toyota 3 years now and still going strong with minimal faults. quite happy. changing it after this summer when i get my house.
  • Options
    beans wrote:
    The second corsa has a low mileage for a 5 year old car which is good but considering the price it's at now and there is still 5 days left on the auction i would expect it to go for around £4000 in the end.

yeah that's what I'm worried about. I'm going to keep my eye on it and just see how much it does go for, if it is in my prce range (which I doubt) then I'll bid unless you think I need to look at it first?
  • Options
    yeah that's what I'm worried about. I'm going to keep my eye on it and just see how much it does go for, if it is in my prce range (which I doubt) then I'll bid unless you think I need to look at it first?
    #

I would!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    cant go wrong with seat, decent engines as used in more expensive german cars.

ive had my toyota 3 years now and still going strong with minimal faults. quite happy. changing it after this summer when i get my house.
    My mum had a few toyota yaris and loved them, then changed to a Renault Clio and doesn't like it as much. I'm not too kee on the yaris though and don't think toyota do anything similar size but not a yaris?
  • Options
    they do the Aygo which i really like but its a bit strange. i'd consider one next.

but more than likely i'll go for a older MR2 or a Celica. i like toyotas
  • Options
    It's not unhelpful at all. Any comments or suggestions are great to hear. However, my new housemates have Seats - one has got an Ibiza and the other has got an Arosa so I don't want to look as though I'm copying them!! WOuld be quite funny though to have a house full of Seats!

:lol: I see your point!

In terms of the Corsas, the second one does look like a good'un but as beans said it's probably on the up-and-up. Especially with such a while yet to go. I definitely think ebay's a good way to go re: buying a car though, I know quite a few people who've done it and they've all been really pleased.
  • Options
    Tweety wrote:
    #

I would!

Lol!

Thanks!
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    :lol: I see your point!

In terms of the Corsas, the second one does look like a good'un but as beans said it's probably on the up-and-up. Especially with such a while yet to go. I definitely think ebay's a good way to go re: buying a car though, I know quite a few people who've done it and they've all been really pleased.

Thank you for that about ebay. I am a little cautious, but glad to hear of some very positive experiences. I find auto trader is quite good as well as I can search for cars in my area, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on ebay!
  • Options
    koe_182 wrote:
    they do the Aygo which i really like but its a bit strange. i'd consider one next.

but more than likely i'll go for a older MR2 or a Celica. i like toyotas

Is the Aygo the new one? If it is there won't be any second hand ones in my price range. Thanks anyway though.
  • Options
    Considering the second Corsa only cost about £7,000 five years ago, I don't see it going for £4,000 myself. :yeees:

But the first Corsa is suspicious I'd say, there's no mileage, no pics and no reserve on what is a pretty new car. :)
  • Options
    Considering the second Corsa only cost about £7,000 five years ago, I don't see it going for £4,000 myself. :yeees:

But the first Corsa is suspicious I'd say, there's no mileage, no pics and no reserve on what is a pretty new car. :)

how much do you reckon that second one will go for then?

i agree about the first being suspicious, I emailed asking for pictures but awaiting a reply might ask about mileage as hadn't thought of that - so thanks!
  • Options
    Maybe about £2,500? £3,000? I would still say that was quite expensive and you could get cheaper buying direct via Autotrader..
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I'd love a black Seat Arosa. Soo cute!

Ilora x