Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cup final

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Well what did everyone think? I thought it was class, what about gerrards goals, especially the last one...could watch that all day long. Amazing and being a Liverpool fan myself, it was extra good for me seeing them lift the cup. Fair play to West Ham though, great game...no one deserved to lose like.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I agree with everything you said there. I thought it was a brilliant game, and I was chuffed to see the Scousers win - although it was a really really close game, it could have been anyones.
  • Options
    Best match in a long time! Hope Gerrard can pull out the same form for England.
  • Options
    I wanted West Ham to win :(

It was a cracking game though and they had some totty on the field. What more could i ask for :p
  • Options
    is there a website that i can watch the goals on?
  • Options
    Shame for West Ham. Great game though.
  • Options
    Fantastic game.
    3 lucky goals from West Ham (cannot be argued against), but a well deserved scoreline.

Liverpool supporter, nailbiting til the very end. The way a cup final should be. I would have been happy for either team to win it the way they both played.
  • Options
    Nash wrote:
    Best match in a long time! Hope Gerrard can pull out the same form for England.

Gerrard must be sick of pulling shite out of the shite, again and again and again. Its only a matter of time before he fucks off, then they're fucked.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote:
    is there a website that i can watch the goals on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZWM2HwEWf4&search=fa%20cup%20final%202006
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Gerrard must be sick of pulling shite out of the shite, again and again and again. Its only a matter of time before he fucks off, then they're fucked.

No he won't. He had the chance to go to Chelsea 2 years ago when Liverpool really were shit, now we've come 3rd (shoulda been second) and won the FA cup, not to mention the Champions League last year. Liverpool are now the biggest threat to Chelsea, plus Gerrard is a through and through Liverpool homeboy, he aint going nowhere.
  • Options
    West Ham have impressed me no end over the past couple of years, they've had a fucking amazing recovery so swiftly after being totally in the shite and have really flown high, it doesn't matter that they've lost at all in my opinion.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    No he won't. He had the chance to go to Chelsea 2 years ago when Liverpool really were shit, now we've come 3rd (shoulda been second) and won the FA cup, not to mention the Champions League last year. Liverpool are now the biggest threat to Chelsea, plus Gerrard is a through and through Liverpool homeboy, he aint going nowhere.

Why exactly should you have been second? The league doesn't lie. You won the European Cup on penaltys after a lucky run, you won the FA Cup on penaltys after drawing 3-3 with a side that came 6th in Div 1 last season. Sending shockwaves through Europe aren't you? Fucking hell how the mighty have fallen since the 80's :lol:
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    Why exactly should you have been second? The league doesn't lie. You won the European Cup on penaltys after a lucky run, you won the FA Cup on penaltys after drawing 3-3 with a side that came 6th in Div 1 last season. Sending shockwaves through Europe aren't you? Fucking hell how the mighty have fallen since the 80's :lol:

You're just talking shite now.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    Liverpool are now the biggest threat to Chelsea

You would know.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    You would know.

And who do you think is? Man Ure? Oh how the mighty have fallen from the 90's.
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    And who do you think is? Man Ure? Oh how the mighty have fallen from the 90's.

We need to improve but I don't see a challenge from anywhere else imo.

The only thing winning trophys on penaltys proves is that your lucky cunts, you won't win the league on penaltys will you?
  • Options
    godscop wrote:
    The only thing winning trophys on penaltys proves is that your lucky cunts, you won't win the league on penaltys will you?

It's hardly as though you are just placed in these finals, it takes effort to get there. We beat many great teams on our way to these finals, including United so ner :p
  • Options
    turlough wrote:
    It's hardly as though you are just placed in these finals, it takes effort to get there. We beat many great teams on our way to these finals, including United so ner :p

You beat us and Chelsea yes but the fact is apart from Gerrard your team were fucking shite yesterday.
  • Options
    my ex boyfriend went, think he'll be pretty chuffed! he doesn't support any of them just went 'cause it's football.
  • Options
    godscop wrote:

how is that talking shite?
  • Options
    hes just pissed off that manchester utd woud have actually won the title if they had beat chelsea
  • Options
    MrG wrote:
    hes just pissed off that manchester utd woud have actually won the title if they had beat chelsea

No, because Chelsea wouldn't have sent their shitebag teams out for their last couple of games had the title still been on the line.

The title was lost at places like Ewood Park and the Riverside, but Chelsea were worthy champions in the end so can't complain.
  • Options
    Thought all 3 West Ham goals were really sloppy and lucky so Liverpool deserved the win in the end after 3 quality strikes.

Gerrard would stand out in ANY team, including the scumbags, glad he's English thats for sure.
  • Options
    I missed the best cup final in a generation due to work. I've sat through a lot of shite since watching my first cup final (Arsenal Vs Sheff Wed Replay '93), and to miss it, well i was not a happy bunny.
  • Options
    Would love to see the Konchesky goal repeated by anyone at the world cup!! What a goal! Then young stevey g goes and does something like that!! Amazing! Bad luck anton ferdinand, lack of experience! Liverpool do seem to like going behind in a cup final, then coming back to draw 3-3 and then clinching it on penaltys.

Great cup final, long gone are the days of arsenal-man utd finals hopefully.
  • Options
    wilsonc wrote:
    Would love to see the Konchesky goal repeated by anyone at the world cup!!

Already been done. Ronaldinho, vs. England 2002.
    Great cup final, long gone are the days of arsenal-man utd finals hopefully.

How many teams have won the cup since 1995? The only difference this year, when compared to Millwall and Southampton, was thet the team expected to lose actually tried to win and didn't just try to keep the score down.
  • Options
    Whether West Ham's goals were lucky or not, they deserved to win. But for Gerrard Liverpool would have been screwed of course. Quite an exceptional player - one of about two or three Liverpool players I'd put in the United team. ;)
  • Options
    godscop wrote:

And presumably winning the biggest trophy you've ever won with dubious goals in the last second is all about skill and technique, yeah? :rolleyes:

I don't think West Ham did deserve to win. They were gifted all three of their goals- if Konchesky meant that then I defy him to do it again- and didn't look like keeping the reds out every time they were attacked.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    And presumably winning the biggest trophy you've ever won with dubious goals in the last second is all about skill and technique, yeah? :rolleyes:

:confused:
  • Options
    i'm saying its a bit rich coming from a Man Utd fan to whinge about "luck", given how incredibly lucky they were against Bayern.
  • Options
    Ah, I just couldn't work out the "dubious" comment.

BTW Before the "lucky" Bayern game, we'd already won that trophy once ;)