Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is this even possible?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    \
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I saw one of those too, on Maury :o
    THATS THE ONE. awwww, Maury...... I wish he was my dad.
  • Options
    I would go along with the theory that the blame rests at the feet of the parents, though I've read before that in such cases it's often a way in which the parents feel they are expressing love for, and nurturing, their child. Of course it's misguided, and maybe even twisted, but I doubt it has been done with malicious intent.

I feel sorry for everyone involved in a situation like that - it must be really hard to backtrack from :(
  • Options
    THATS THE ONE. awwww, Maury...... I wish he was my dad.

:lol: Its a good one. I like when he gets the skanky little girls on then he gives them all sweatshirts and tells them to cover up :p
    [/random]
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    not exactly. no.
    but i would think that compulsive binging / eating. same as any compulsion has a reason / motive behind it.
    - it is her choice to swallow the food, however old she is.
    Don't be stupid, that's clearly parental responsibility.
  • Options
    \
  • Options
    Has anyone seen the episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry has been in the hotel all day watching Maury?

It cracks me up, he gets up and starts shouting "fuck you! you don't know me, you don't know me! Yeah, fuck you!" etc etc. Very funny :D

(Although thinking about it, maybe it's something you have to see to appreciate...)

hehe that always makes me laugh. The most memorable one to me was they had the whorish children dressed and acting with no respect for anybody, probably one or more of them yelled, you dont know me :p and they brought on this 9 year old girl. (Firstly, I had to wonder, she is 9, where do you think she's getting these clothes from :chin: ) But she comes in, with this little new york accent "I call my mom a heffer and a dork" :lol:
  • Options
    :eek2:

Holy jumping fucking jesus.

That's pretty much the same weight as me.....I'm 6'3 and built like a rugby player......
  • Options
    briggi wrote:
    I would go along with the theory that the blame rests at the feet of the parents, though I've read before that in such cases it's often a way in which the parents feel they are expressing love for, and nurturing, their child. Of course it's misguided, and maybe even twisted, but I doubt it has been done with malicious intent.

I feel sorry for everyone involved in a situation like that - it must be really hard to backtrack from :(
    I would largely agree with you on this one. It is possibly combination of underlying medical problems paired with a parenting problem (killing the child with kindness unknowingly).

It's all very sad but I think some people on here have been rather quick to judge the poor child (and her parents).
  • Options
    Bloody hell- thats so wrong! How???

I love Maury :D Although I never seem to see it on T.V anymore :no:
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    how could a 5 year old weigh more than 2 of me?

here

Her face kinda reminds me of a cabbage patch doll.
  • Options
    i'm just amazed she's gotten that big without a heart attack, the strain on her body must be mind blowing
    i'm guessing its a mix of parents over feeding and her having a medical condition like thinking she's always hungry or something
  • Options
    redneck hicks.

she probably has enough fat to solve the energy problem.