Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

is this even possible?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
how could a 5 year old weigh more than 2 of me?

here

Comments

• Options
    I officially don't feel fat anymore. Sod the diet - Bring on the cake!
  • Options
    nicx1811 wrote:
    I officially don't feel fat anymore. Sod the diet - Bring on the cake!

:thumb:
  • Options
    thats disgusting, how could a parent do that to a kid
  • Options
    16.42 stones, I'm normally somewhere between 8 and 8.5 stones about 112-115ish pounds. Now where is that tube of icecream :yum:
  • Options
    Little_one wrote:
    16.42 stones, I'm normally somewhere between 8 and 8.5 stones about 112-115ish pounds. Now where is that tube of icecream :yum:

Exactly my point, I'm 10st 7lb, trying to get down to 9st (from 11st 7lb - yeah a stones gone!!!) but after seeing that, I think I'm perfectly entitled to break my diet a little, I've worked damn hard this week.

Therefore I'm have Hot Dog's for dinner. :D
  • Options
    Well done you, keep up the good work. Have a treat every know and then you have earnt it :thumb:
  • Options
    Bring forth the candy machine and my quarters!
  • Options
    lol.

she looks like a right thug with that facial expression... wouldn't want to pass her in a dark ally :x I'm not sure what she'd be doing in a dark ally, or what her form of transport would be (maybe a skateboard?).. but yeh... scary
  • Options
    seriously does that child have some sort of weird medical condition? Because othewise they should seriously just take her away from who ever is looking after her and give her to someone more responsible.
  • Options
    Must be a medical condition going on there.
  • Options
    Or just child abuse
  • Options
    Ballerina wrote:
    how could a 5 year old weigh more than 2 of me?

here

... now, having seen that, i feel ill...
    but i'll come up with an answer anyway...
    because may be they have a metabolic disorder... or may be they are a compulsive food binger... or something along those lines?!
    i don't know how the body can stand to get that fat... :yuck:
    i do feel sorry for her, but i think that girl needs some serious professional help and nutritional advice. and i think a lot of the responsbility will almost certinally lie with her parents...
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    ... now, having seen that, i feel ill...
    but i'll come up with an answer anyway...
    because may be they have a metabolic disorder... or may be they are a compulsive food binger... or something along those lines?!
    i don't know how the body can stand to get that fat... :yuck:
    i do feel sorry for her, but i think that girl needs some serious professional help and nutritional advice. and i think a lot of the responsbility will almost certinally lie with her parents...

Totally agreed here.
  • Options
    katralla wrote:
    Or just child abuse

:yes:

a 5 year old doesn't feed themself.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote:
    :yes:

a 5 year old doesn't feed themself.
    :chin: really? - serious question...
    surely by that time they know how to use a knife and fork...
    even a baby knows how to cry and turn away from food when they are full up...
  • Options
    It is a shame for that young girl. She could not feed herself to that size alone. Her parents must feel so guilty - unless as others have said it is a result of something medical
  • Options
    otter wrote:

by 'feed themselves', i meant buy food, cook meals and decide their portion sizes.

at that age it's up to the parent to make sure the child is eating a proper diet.
  • Options
    otter wrote:

you seriously cannot be putting the blame onto a five year old
  • Options
    muse- wrote:
    I'm not sure what she'd be doing in a dark ally

Or whether she'd fit...
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    It is a shame for that young girl. She could not feed herself to that size alone. Her parents must feel so guilty - unless as others have said it is a result of something medical
    or her parents are the same?
    or unless her parents made her / wanted her to become like that?
    ~ there is nought so f**ked up as people...
  • Options
    ButtonMoon wrote:
    you seriously cannot be putting the blame onto a five year old
    not exactly. no.
    but i would think that compulsive binging / eating. same as any compulsion has a reason / motive behind it.
    - it is her choice to swallow the food, however old she is.
  • Options
    i actually saw that on tv ages ago. Cant remember that chatshow hosts name, but there was shit loads of really really really fat kids on it, who basically were fed and fed and fed from the moment they woke, till the moment they went to sleep. I think in some cases it can be prada willi syndrome. Certainly a normal child wont eat that much even if the food is given to them, but its obviously easy to get overweight kids if theyre eating crap food and too much of it, but surely not on that level?
  • Options
    Or whether she'd fit...

haha harsh :p
  • Options
    Wow! So that's who ate all the pies? See how the guy crouching down stays well out the way ... he feels he looks a bit tasty. :)
  • Options
    i actually saw that on tv ages ago. Cant remember that chatshow hosts name, but there was shit loads of really really really fat kids on it, who basically were fed and fed and fed from the moment they woke, till the moment they went to sleep. I think in some cases it can be prada willi syndrome. Certainly a normal child wont eat that much even if the food is given to them, but its obviously easy to get overweight kids if theyre eating crap food and too much of it, but surely not on that level?

I saw one of those too, on Maury :o
    It is quite shocking. The children they showd had no medical reason why they were so grosley obese, their parents just kept feeding and feeding them.

Not too long ago they had a bit on the news where they took fat kids with horrible eating habbits and showed their parents what they would look like in 20-30 years if they continued on the way they did. The parents seemed so shocked that their child who they kept feeding with no regards would become an obese adult :rolleyes:
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    I saw one of those too, on Maury :o
    It is quite shocking. The children they showd had no medical reason why they were so grosley obese, their parents just kept feeding and feeding them.

Not too long ago they had a bit on the news where they took fat kids with horrible eating habbits and showed their parents what they would look like in 20-30 years if they continued on the way they did. The parents seemed so shocked that their child who they kept feeding with no regards would become an obese adult :rolleyes:

There was a programme here called Honey we're killing the kids
  • Options
    Crikey, she's around my weight, and about as tall as my... knees. Not good...

As otter is trying to say, it may not be the parents. Yes, they may be feeding her too much. Sometimes people just have something wrong with their metabolism - there was a teacher at one of my secondary schools. He was huge - and I mean HUGE, like you've never seen. Well, maybe on an American chatshow... ;)

That child is beyond obese. She almost certainly has more than just problems with her weight. I don't really think comments like 'who ate all the pies' are particularly amusing in this instance.
  • Options
    my_name wrote:
    what they would look like in 20-30 years if they continued on the way they did.

That length of time may even be too generous ..
  • Options
    OMG :shocking: that is disgusint. How the hell could the parents do that to their child?
  • Options
    what sort of parent lets their child get like that?