Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He Says You Say

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    PussyKatty wrote:
    You're lucky, cos I have, and they come up with all sorts of reasons why they don't need to wear them.

Saw an ad in More magazine today.

I think it's more a case of i tend to bully men, and they wouldn't dare try and trick me :p
  • Options
    PussyKatty wrote:
    You're lucky, cos I have, and they come up with all sorts of reasons why they don't need to wear them.

at the end of the day though... anyone with half a brain stem should be able to comprehend the health risks of not using a condom, let alone risking the possibility of pregnancy.
    - its about respecting your own body. taking a risk in a split moment of passion might seems like a good idea at the time... but you could regret it for years, like signing your own death warrant.
    i know guys who have said they are "allergic to latex so cannot wear one", that they "don't make condoms big enough" - he's too big to fit in one, that he "cannot cum because he cannot get any sensation by wearing one". - the excuses guys come up with as justification for unprotected sex are endless...
    i mean, i do think safe sex campaigns are a good idea but if a girl is so stupid as to believe that bullshit, there is not really much help anywhere that anyone can give her tbh. - its just about common sense.
  • Options
    I have had a lot of trouble in the past with guys who "can't" use condoms, and it's all bullshit. To the point of relationships never getting off the ground because I was insistant etc. I'm no angel and have had unprotected sex and luckily came out of it relatively unscathed but scared the hell outta about the possiblities of infections etc I could have contracted and being pregnant.

However I recently had an enlightening experience.....I guy I am soooo into at the moment and I have recently become close and are sleeping together but before hand I was thinking "Can I broach this subject yet again?" but he was the first to bring up contraception and condoms etc.......Breath of fresh air I can tell you.

Just thought it might be nice to know that not all guys are ignorant or irresponsible. Because my experiences have taught me that a lot of them are!

ETA: That is a great site! Loving Colin Murry's comment!
  • Options
    otter wrote:
    anyone with half a brain stem should be able to comprehend the health risks of not using a condom, let alone risking the possibility of pregnancy.

Yeah, but you get the pressure put on by men, and its a bit silly to underestimate the pressure of emotional blackmail.

After all, "it won't happen to me" meets "he won't love me anymore if I don't", and you know what teenage girls are like.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote:
    After all, "it won't happen to me" meets "he won't love me anymore if I don't", and you know what teenage girls are like.
    true.
    but thinking like that is totally irrational.
  • Options
    I have been pressured by girls into not wearing them, it's partially why my son was born! lol

But lets not kid ourselves, it's definately not the same when you're wearing a rubber. I'm not saying don't do it because I think you should but y'know it's easy to see why people stop
  • Options
    I have been pressured by girls into not wearing them, it's partially why my son was born! lol

But lets not kid ourselves, it's definately not the same when you're wearing a rubber. I'm not saying don't do it because I think you should but y'know it's easy to see why people stop

there is a difference though between "stopping" with someone who you've been in a very long term monogamous relationship with and just not wearing one period.